Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Tria actually very close to the Midway station though? Because as I remember it, the Daedalus had to travel to a position in space for it to fly right past it, and they had to max out the subspace engines to try and keep up with it for as long as possible. And then they had to wait for it to come to a complete standstill. So surely it's not actually all that close to the Midway station.
    sigpic
    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

i would want atleast one or two still in stasis on the tria

or like an ancinet child still on there and the stargate a takes care the child til its older enough to join the stargate program or something but who has been brought up in a earth human society
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe they could find some Ancients that aren't really good or evil they just live in their 'gated' community and let the galaxy collapse all around them. This kind of Ancient wouldn't help out humans but maybe an individual might be persuaded to give up some info here or there.

Comment

Puddlejumper testing an early time dialation field pops out a single living ancient?

Comment

Best situation for new Ancients:

Just like the Tria, they popup out of nowehere and demand Atlantis back. Naturally, we tell them to frack off, since giving Atlantis back to Ancients has a shoddy track record.

They then become, like the genii, a guerilla insurrection group. The Atlantis Expedition realized "Oh ****, they might know where a bunch of ZPMs and wepaons are", so suddenly we scramble to track them and beat them to the punch.

Comment

Couldn't it be possible that with Atlantis under seige that they had sent there children out somewhere to hide in stasis? I mean if the Ancients were too old to bring out of stasis on Aurura then maybe the kids wouldn't be.
              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Anyone ever notice that plain old ice works better than stasis chambers for preserving ancients? That ancient from 'frozen' was perfectly preserved (disease and all) and that was for millions of years where as a mere 10,000 years passed for the Aurora crew and they were unbearably venerable.

So maybe they could come upon some ice age planet and find a frozen ancient civilization, which the team thaws out revives and asks for help. To which the ancients say "no, please leave".

Maybe they could find one ancient that turns out to be a real jerk, maybe he (or she) even tries to take the city back.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425 View Post
                  Its been bugging me that when they started talking about season 4 there was going to be so much about the ancients this year and revalations a plenty. But we are still yet to see any. To me the season should have opened up with saving the city like they did, and then find a cashload drones, or a base with interactive ancients in computer memory.

We are talking the city of the Ancients and it should have an ancient in the dam city. I mean really, we don't need alot, one would suffice. maybe not even a scientist, possibly a medical doctor. There has got to be some use of having one around. It's what the fans want why not feed us a bit and let us be happy.

I think that they forget that them giving us what we want gives them what they want. Lets see the ancients and interact with them. Surely there are more stories to be told with Ancients after our new friendship. Maybe an attempt for us new allies to fix everything they mess up in the galaxies.

It could be very DS9 ish with a great ending. Lets take it too em. There does come a point with where we must stand up and fight back. Let's do it.

Who Want's This? And Let Our Numbers Speak

MODS - A yeah or naw would be a great poll for this. If you have time. Thanks!!!

And Title to thread should have read Seson 4 not five. Sorry!!

Here's the problem with most shows of this type: They regard to all of us their acquisition of a Playstation 3 system, of which they make grandiose promises of how it will change the way we listen to music, play video games, and enjoy high definition t.v. Then they do all within their power to slug a vhs tape in the damn loader bay.

Clearly, they're playing it safe. Smallville did this, so did Voyager and DS9. Though both Voyager and DS9 grew teeth. Smallville has been Kaleidoscopic lately, at times they'll touch the unknown, then jump right back to safety. Here of late, they've swerved into the ether, I'm hoping season 8 is the charm.

This isn't about Clark, Janeway or Sisko, this is about failure. Failure of imagination, anticipation and finally, adaption. The ancients and their great knowledge should have been exposed, or at least better understood. Their technology should have been used like it was meant to be used. But no, they're playing it safe, hoping we don't notice. How pathetically revolting. At this point, humanity should become the Vorlons and the Wraith the shadows. In a perfect world perhaps. Not here.

Here we have Executives Bragging of how we, the fans, have no say in their decisions. And it isn't that we want to put our staple on anything, its simply that collectively we're posting feelings of being lied to, let down. And they expect us to tune in smiling of how we're satisfied. I say no. If it sucks, I'm shutting it off. Nuff Said.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                    Here we have Executives Bragging of how we, the fans, have no say in their decisions. And it isn't that we want to put our staple on anything, its simply that collectively we're posting feelings of being lied to, let down.
                    Who's "we"? Speak for yourself, like this:

If it sucks, I'm shutting it off. Nuff Said.
                    That's more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                      This isn't about Clark, Janeway or Sisko, this is about failure. Failure of imagination, anticipation and finally, adaption. The ancients and their great knowledge should have been exposed, or at least better understood. Their technology should have been used like it was meant to be used. But no, they're playing it safe, hoping we don't notice. How pathetically revolting. At this point, humanity should become the Vorlons and the Wraith the shadows. In a perfect world perhaps. Not here.
                      Hilarious. Most viewers couldn't give a flying **** about whether Ancient technology used or not

Here we have Executives Bragging of how we, the fans, have no say in their decisions. And it isn't that we want to put our staple on anything, its simply that collectively we're posting feelings of being lied to, let down. And they expect us to tune in smiling of how we're satisfied. I say no. If it sucks, I'm shutting it off. Nuff Said.
                      And yet viewership is rising...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Hilarious. Most viewers couldn't give a flying **** about whether Ancient technology used or not
                        I view CNN News all the time, Erica Hill or Mike G, where's Erica? Who cares I'm just a viewer. Viewers are like neighbours, Fans are the guardians of the little ones when you go away.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        And yet viewership is rising...
                        Viewership rises? February 2009, life last, we shall see. But then I want viewer ship to rise, since, I'm a fan, a bloody guardian, here for the long haul. Where as viewershippers: " I thought they said this was cool, this is like, so not cool. Lets go to the mall/play a game/tivo the bugga/get laid/read a book/watch grass grow/read a book/ pretend to be busy while we waste our lives away in an endless spin going nowhere fast.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Who's "we"? Speak for yourself, like this:

That's more like it.

clever, or so we would believe. we can banter on forever, pointlessly but you know what? the only equation missing from this formula is time. Next year this same time, God spares our lives. You'll see, or you won't, point is, what I see, will be on every ones minds. At least it will be for the real fans.

Comment

You must admit, the Ancients have been a letdown. The greatest race in the universe gives up because their are too many Wraith at their door. Wraith who are less advanced than the Asgard. They are portrayed as generally stupid, overconfident fools. their technology is subpar next to Asgard weapons and hyperdrive technology, and they are indistiguishable from other human races. Most of their most promising technologies have been failures, but yet Mckay and Carter can perfect the technology. We know relatively little about them, except for all the failures during their war with the Wraith, failures which, if perfected, could have easily ended the war. They have been downgraded to the point where no one appreciates their technology- it has no value. Asgard technology is more prized than that of the Ancients.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              You must admit, the Ancients have been a letdown. The greatest race in the universe gives up because their are too many Wraith at their door. Wraith who are less advanced than the Asgard. They are portrayed as generally stupid, overconfident fools. their technology is subpar next to Asgard weapons and hyperdrive technology, and they are indistiguishable from other human races. Most of their most promising technologies have been failures, but yet Mckay and Carter can perfect the technology. We know relatively little about them, except for all the failures during their war with the Wraith, failures which, if perfected, could have easily ended the war. They have been downgraded to the point where no one appreciates their technology- it has no value. Asgard technology is more prized than that of the Ancients.

I think the Ancients are incredibly Stoic. They live their lives on the brink of godhood or the abyss. And for the life of them, they can't see beyond those two extremes: 'All or nothing.' Regular folks can't afford to live that way, at least most of us don't. Those that do are usually suicidal or likely to make dangerous bets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                                Yes. I agree. And, we've seen this played over into other races as well, like the Asurans and Ori. Once again, the most powerful races are too stupid to truly be the greatest. The Ancients, Asurans, and Ori. Their flaws are large-scale, causing them to pretty much be wiped out, as if Earth, the weakest of all the major military space-faring races, must have some way of beating or out-classing them.

The Ancients couldn't even complete Project Arcturus, yet McKay could come up with a device that took energy from another reality. The Ori could use black holes for unlimited energy, yet the Ancients couldn't think of the one in their own backyard - remember Pegasus Project?

The Asurans couldn't build ships as strong as the Ancients' ships, so that in Be All My Sins Remember'd, Earth could wipe the floor with 30 of them without being destroyed by the countless drones that hit it.

The Ori, who had the most impressive shields ever seen in the show, couldn't develop weapons that could take out an Earth ship in one shot. It took four shots to take out an Earth ship, so up against someone like the Wraith, they would lose. And then the Asgard, out of nowhere, who we hadn't even heard of since Camelot, develop weapons that all of a sudden could take out Lantean, Asuran, Wraith, and Ori shields in just a couple (as in four, two for the shields, two for the hull) shots, devaluing the most advanced races of the universe just so that Earth, or shall I say, SG-1 and the Atlantis team, could come out on top and save the galaxies once again.

Major plotholes.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Working...
                                X