This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Its Keller's influence. She's cleaning him up - tru wuv, don't ya know.
    Ronan is Ken now:

Aqua - Barbie Girl

sigpic

Comment

He has to turn into Ronon College Boy so he can be with the cute cheerleader girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Yeah, count me in!

So, Paris, I take it you're not leaving GW just yet?
        jury's still out

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
        I'm here as well!!!

Anti all the way... this crappy show, crappy TPTB, certain crappy characters.... none of TPTB have said anything of bringing back all the great characters they ruined but have indicated that a certain horrible one will be back. What's to be happy about then?

So, the ratings are just above 1.0 at the beginning of s4, wonder what they'll be like in s5... 0.0004? LOL
        LOL!

Originally posted by dana View Post
        If certain changes didn't happen before s4, I'd be happy for the renewal. Now, I don't really care. I think SGA s4 & s5 = SG-1 s9 & s10. I hope, for the sake of some of my friends, that Carter won't return in s5. Wishful thinking much?
        that would be awesome!

Same here, I'd be happily posting in the pro thread if it weren't for the cast changes and some other stuff...
        agreed!

Originally posted by silkie View Post
        Well, maybe an exploding baby then...
        LOL

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        Well, Jason did shave his head. It's apparently been confirmed by his mother. I don't know about you, but I don't see Ronon going bald....
        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by prion View Post
        One word: hairpiece. Yes, if Rachel can do, so can Jason!

This reminds me a lot of ANDROMEDA when Tyr (sp) went from dreadlocks to real short. The thing is, after four years of dreadlocks, if not more, it might have gotten to the point he needed to start over. I mean, keep hair braided like that constantly ain't good for it.

But wow, putting hands to eyes, can't envision Ronon without the dreads, heck, without hair!
        GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

So, ya think MGM had to make too many concessions to get s5, or Skiffy was so desperate for "original" programming (writers' strike etc.) that they were forced to renew SGA?

This particular article caught my attention yesterday:

http://www.syfyportal.com/news424341.html
          sigpic

Comment

I hope TPTB don't take season 5 as an opportunity to bring more SG1 characters to SGA. JM has talked about how nice it would be to have Daniel come over, or RDA. That isn't right. This isn't SG1 and I don't even want to see SG1 crossover guest appearances. I don't like that Keller doctor either, but I don't think she is going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              Anti for one more year? I'm not sure if I can do it, but hey, let's give it a try. It's a worthy cause.

"'Atlantis' truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right," said Sci Fi's Mark Stern, exec veep of original programming. The show's predecessor, "Stargate SG-1," ran for 10 seasons on Sci Fi before completing its run last year.
              Heh, what the heck is Mr. Stern drinking?
              A very good question indeed. That is in no way true. You can understand the guy, he has to spin it somehow, what is he supposed to say really? He's in a very tough position here, this show has no legitimate grounds for being renewed, are ratings that good? I don't think so and ratings should play a part in deciding whether to renew or cancel a show. He can't just come out and say that all their programming sucks so much (just as much) that they can't afford not to renew it.

I haven't bonded with season 4, and only watched one episode "live" so far (saw these other ways at later times). Can't say I'll be anti-5 because I probably won't even be watching. *shrug*
              I'm watching the Torri episodes only and I'm capable of being anti. I won't be watching s5 either if there is no Torri.

So, ya think MGM had to make too many concessions to get s5, or Skiffy was so desperate for "original" programming (writers' strike etc.) that they were forced to renew SGA?

'Forced', yes, that's the key word.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

A very good question indeed. That is in no way true. You can understand the guy, he has to spin it somehow, what is he supposed to say really? He's in a very tough position here, this show has no legitimate grounds for being renewed, are ratings that good? I don't think so and ratings should play a part in deciding whether to renew or cancel a show. He can't just come out and say that all their programming sucks so much (just as much) that they can't afford not to renew it.
                Oh, but the best is yet to come. Let's see how JM & Co. spin it.
                sigpic

Comment

A season 5 was in the bag from the start. TPTB want to get to 100 eps just like they wanted to get to 200 for SG-1. The season just started and the ratings not good and the show gets renewed?

Comment

Since it's so early for this thread IMO, I may pop in here later (read: months and months later) to post my irks when we know more about s5. I may not though, I might not be as active in the fandom when the new season rolls around.

One thing is pretty clear though, TPTB aren't going to have a massive shakedown in terms of changing showrunners or adding writers. So if I haven't been pleased with their "creative decisions" then I don't see things changing substantially in s5.

Comment

Oh, but the best is yet to come. Let's see how JM & Co. spin it.
                      Especially they don't have much to celebrate if they care about the show at all, they know all the circumstances in which the renewal happened, it wasn't because of any high ratings, it wasn't because of the quality writing... they can only celebrate the new paychecks that will be arriving with the new season. I guess it's all that matters to them. Certainly not the quality of the show because without Weir and Carson and turning it into SG-1 it sucks.

Comment

Hey, is Variety the only news outlet reporting SGA's renewal? Still nothing on Sci Fi Wire or GW.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but if you read what Mark Stern said. SGA 's 4th season has averaged 1.8 million viewers vs the 1.3 million viewer average for their primetime slots. Remember when they announced the premiere, it only had 1.7 million viewers? DVR was finally factored into the equation and the networks are looking at that number since the C3 report shows that cable networks don't have too many people FF through the commercials. So in the end SGA has been averaging truthfully about a 1.3 to 1.4! The top show for the network is averaging a 1.4 and that is Ghost Hunters at the moment. So was just answering your question to why it was renewed. Not being Pro or Anti.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, is Variety the only news outlet reporting SGA's renewal? Still nothing on Sci Fi Wire or GW.
                            Nothing on Sci Fi Wire? Maybe they're having second thoughts. LOL

Comment

Ooooh, goodie . . . a new place to play in. LOL.

Okay so now we know that SGA is being graded on a curve. As I've said before (just a few hours ago actually), when you aim low enough, you are sure to meet your goals.

What do you think will be the next low point to celebrate? A less than 1.0 rating? Adding yet another SG1 character to RepliAtlantis? Or perhaps the elimination of another SGA original either by death or fording (which is worse than death if you ask me). And I am not referring to Elizabeth, who's fate is still to be revealed.

Or maybe they'll dig really deep and sign a cast member from yet another canceled sci fi show. My vote is Bill Mumy - you'll get both the Lost in Space and B5 crowds. Or maybe they can get that Tardis thingy from Dr. Who to pay a crossover visit. The ratings will go through the roof.

Oh, the possibilities.
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's a spoof and it's actually opposite?

Comment

Working...
                                X