This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I feel Weir has made such an impact the past 3 years, to just let her go would be a sin.
    Yep - I'm appalled at how they've dealt with Weir's departure (and I wasn't a big Weir fan - so that tells you something). I mean, do you remember the scene between Sheppard and Teyla en route to Sateda, when he painfully tells her that he'd die for any of them? Fast-forward to Reunion and this exchange:

SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn’t over yet. She’s still out there.

CARTER: You really believe there’s a chance she’s still alive?

SHEPPARD: There’s only one way to know for sure.

Now this doesn't seem like a BIG effort to rescue Weir...
    This is why I'm here... Or rather I should be in the anti-s.4 thread... oh, wait, I'm there too I just think that a LOT of characters/plots are being handled very carelessly by TPTB ***JM, you're one of them*** and this is only hurting the show in the long run. We dare to criticize, because we care.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    DG without Carter is almost finished. It's a good ten minutes shorter than the original. And without Keller it will be another 10 minutes I'm guessing.
    OMG, sounds like Falcon's cut will be miles better than the original DG - can I please have a peek when you're done?
    Last edited by BoyNamedSue; 31 October 2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyNamedSue View Post
      Yep - I'm appalled at how they've dealt with Weir's departure (and I wasn't a big Weir fan - so that tells you something). I mean, do you remember the scene between Sheppard and Teyla en route to Sateda, when he painfully tells her that he'd die for any of them. Fast-forward to Reunion and this exchange:

SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn’t over yet. She’s still out there.

Now this doesn't seem like a BIG effort to rescue Weir...
      This is why I'm here... Or rather I should be in the anti-s.4 thread... oh, wait, I'm there too I just think that a LOT of characters/plots are being handled very carelessly by TPTB ***JM, you're one of them*** and this is only hurting the show in the long run. We dare to criticize, because we care.
      Yeah I remember that, but also Sheppard was willing to go on a suicide mission, Carter refused the order. You can tell he was upset about it. I was glad they mentioned this and did not forget what happened to Weir. I think there will be a lot of tension a little down the road with this. Either they will make contact with Weir or Sheppard will have a plan, and maybe Carter will not want to go through with it, causing even more tension. I am really looking forward to "This Mortal Coil". This episode and the 2nd parter I have really high hopes for. If Weir is some how killed off and it was not done too well, I'll be posting in here with you folks.

Edit: Also I think Sheppard knows she is not dead, because of her being infected with the nanites. So he may feel he has more time to come up with a mission. The replicators will not be so rash to kill her, ya know?
      sigpic

Comment

*snip*
        Otherwise you will have to stick to my version of season 5, I guess. DG without Carter is almost finished. It's a good ten minutes shorter than the original. And without Keller it will be another 10 minutes I'm guessing.
        Hey, FH, I can't wait how you are going to snip 'The Trio'.

Comment

JM's blog from yesterday described his day from hell, which included a malfunctioning keyboard which would drop letters, or make letters stick, etc. In the spirit of Halloween, SEW and SCB, I posted this.....

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

I have a theory on your bad day...the spirits of SGA characters who've "gone on" or are "out there somewhere, missing" have joined forces to send you a message - their journey goes something like this.......

Elizabeth and her Asuran captors discover an enzymed fueled Ford during their Wraith raiding adventures. (Yep, he really DID survive that wraith hive ship explosion). Anyhoo, jonesed up on wraith enzyme, Ford convinces Elizabeth to use her diplomatic powers and her knowledge about ascension and all things spiritual to conduct a seance where she makes contact with Carson, Kate and Grodin (did I miss anyone). Elizabeth and Ford convince the dearly departed spirits to send you a message from all of them, using your laptop as the tool.

I, think, if you listen very, very closely, you might be able to hear them.......

Joooooeeeeee......dddooooo youuuuuuu heaaaarrrr uuuuuuuusssss? Bringggg uuuuuussss baaaacck, Joooooeeee. Bringgggg uuuuussssss baaaackkkkkkk....

Happy Halloween,
          SMB_BOOKS

That's either going to go over well or tank like a lead balloon. I thought it was funny as hell, but that's me......
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            JM's blog from yesterday described his day from hell, which included a malfunctioning keyboard which would drop letters, or make letters stick, etc. In the spirit of Halloween, SEW and SCB, I posted this.....

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

I have a theory on your bad day...the spirits of SGA characters who've "gone on" or are "out there somewhere, missing" have joined forces to send you a message - their journey goes something like this.......

Elizabeth and her Asuran captors discover an enzymed fueled Ford during their Wraith raiding adventures. (Yep, he really DID survive that wraith hive ship explosion). Anyhoo, jonesed up on wraith enzyme, Ford convinces Elizabeth to use her diplomatic powers and her knowledge about ascension and all things spiritual to conduct a seance where she makes contact with Carson, Kate and Grodin (did I miss anyone). Elizabeth and Ford convince the dearly departed spirits to send you a message from all of them, using your laptop as the tool.

I, think, if you listen very, very closely, you might be able to hear them.......

Joooooeeeeee......dddooooo youuuuuuu heaaaarrrr uuuuuuuusssss? Bringggg uuuuuussss baaaacck, Joooooeeee. Bringgggg uuuuussssss baaaackkkkkkk....

Happy Halloween,
            SMB_BOOKS

That's either going to go over well or tank like a lead balloon. I thought it was funny as hell, but that's me......
            Awesome Letter! You know what? Keep it up! I am going to send out some letters myself. Also using the Sci-fi forums is helpful, a lot of people view those forums. Hey, remember I was optomistic we would get a 5th season. So anything is possible.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
              SMB_BOOKS

Just watch JM telling YOU to shred the ghosts and sprinkle them on you cereal...

Comment

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
                SMB_BOOKS

It is funny, but these spirits are too forgiving if you ask me.
                sigpic

Comment

Even this exchange is an exact rehash of another exchange... I suggest you watch The Rising and you'll know what I mean. The words, the place where the actors are standing, the mood of the scene -> The whole thing.

OMG, sounds like Falcon's cut will be miles better than the original DG - can I please have a peek when you're done?
                  Of course, you can have a peek...

Originally posted by dana View Post
                  Hey, FH, I can't wait how you are going to snip 'The Trio'.
                  I imagine it will be very short...

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
                  SMB_BOOKS

I think it's funny. I would give you green but I don't seem to be able to. Gotta spread some love first!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
                    SMB_BOOKS

Ohhh my GOD! I just about peed my pants from laughing so hard...hehe!

Comment

Spoiler:

SMB_BOOKS said...

Joe,

Happy Halloween,
                      SMB_BOOKS

awesome!
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I'm baack!!! *waves anti sock*

Comment

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                          I'm baack!!! *waves anti sock*
                          Welcome back!! Where have you been off to?
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thanks to everyone who gave me "warm fuzzies" over the Halloween post I made on JM's blog. I'm glad it made some of you smile, chuckle, almost pee your pants, etc.

I had fun writing it and I'm glad others have enjoyed reading it!
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Welcome back!! Where have you been off to?
                              I was traveling around North Italy with a couple of f-listers.
                              Last edited by Vale_Sg1; 03 November 2007, 04:03 AM.

Comment

A quick message from the SEW Crew and then you'll be returned to your regular programming....

Good Evening SEW Crew!

It’s time for “Round 2” on our weekly email campaign.

The targets for November 4th – November 10th are the studios and networks above Bridge Studios who have ownership in the show.

We feel that, to really get our message out and be heard, it is important to email TPTB who are ABOVE Bridge Studios. While we want to continue our dialogue with Bridge Studios and feel it is important to the campaign, we also feel it is time to get our message to a broader and potentially more influential audience.

Below (in spoiler tags) is a lengthy list of email addresses for the studios/networks/companies who have an interest/investment in Stargate Atlantis. We ask that you copy and paste these addresses into an email and send one message to the entire group.

Spoiler:

NBC UNIVERSAL / SCIFI execs ADDRESSES:
                                [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
                                [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
                                [email protected];

GE EXECUTIVES' EMAIL ADDRESSES:
                                [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
                                [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
                                [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];
                                [email protected]; [email protected];
                                [email protected]

MGM EMAIL ADDRESSES:
                                [email protected]; [email protected]

Now that you know WHO to send your email to, here’s just a few notes on email content…..

Show how you supported the show prior to the casting changes in Season 4:
                                Here’s a list of examples – pick the ones which apply to you or include your own unique list…..
                                *You watched the show live
                                *You bought the DVDs
                                *You bought other SGA memorabilia – calendars, books, t-shirts, etc.
                                *You participated in online communities to discuss the show
                                *Others????

Explain why you are currently unhappy with the show:
                                Show Runners have taken Torri Higginson from a full-time character – the lovely and talented Dr. Elizabeth Weir – and booted her to recurring status with only 4 episodes in Season 4.

Describe how has this decision impacted your support of the show: *You’re only watching Torri’s episodes for Season 4, or you’re not watching Season 4 out of protest, or whatever your situation is
                                *You will not continue to buy SGA DVD’s or memorabilia
                                *It’s affected your desire to check out new shows on a network that doesn’t support talented actors

Then ask for what you want:
                                For Torri Higginson to be brought back full-time as Dr. Elizabeth Weir in Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis!

Signature:
                                Your Name
                                SEW Crew Member
                                www.saveelizabethweir.com

Thanks,
                                SEW HQ
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X