This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    exactly, there's no such thing as a campaign.I wonder where JM saw it I don't know any other hard-core complainers here on GW (those who want a cancellation, like I do). Maybe JM can write a list with names
    Don't encourage him - he's called out fans by their usernames before.

I can think of only a handful of posters who have stated here that they want SGA to be canceled or that they would be happy if SGA was canceled. Hardly a campaign!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      I can think of only a handful of posters who have stated here that they want SGA to be canceled or that they would be happy if SGA was canceled. Hardly a campaign!

who are they?
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

someone posted on JM's board: "On the GW forum, there are already anti season 5 threads. That makes absolutely no sense to me, for various reasons." to which JM replied "Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)"

So, JM is the one who is obviously mistaken about the campaign.No one said campaign, just a thread. And a handful of people just griping or making non-sensical posts does not constitute a campaign. I won't comment on the the context of what he said, as well, he obviously knows very little about campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          someone posted on JM's board: "On the GW forum, there are already anti season 5 threads. That makes absolutely no sense to me, for various reasons." to which JM replied "Answer: Yeah, I found those hilarious. (Yeah, I said hilarious.) Criticizing a show you are watching is one thing, but actively campaigning against the production of a show that other fans are enjoying is, well, idiotic. “Yeah, I said idiotic.)"

So, JM is the one who is obviously mistaken about the campaign.No one said campaign, just a thread. And a handful of people just griping or making non-sensical posts does not constitute a campaign. I won't comment on the the context of what he said, as well, he obviously knows very little about campaigns.
          I think Joe is just annoyed with the fact people are condemning a season that has no disucssion, direction, spoilers, and whatnot. We don't even know who will return or leave next season. Still, even if I do tend to agree with where he is coming from, he should of said it in a different tone and not an offensive tone like he did.
          sigpic

Comment

that's because it was the only one
            Also true.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I think Joe is just annoyed with the fact people are condemning a season that has no disucssion, direction, spoilers, and whatnot. We don't even know who will return or leave next season. Still, even if I do tend to agree with where he is coming from, he should of said it in a different tone and not an offensive tone like he did.
              But it does have discussion. weve talked about possible cast changes ect. the anti 5 thread to me, is a place to discuss things i would not like to see or to see certain things changed, with speculation turning to fact as and when spoilers come out as im sure the pro five thread is also discussing such things.

i realy dont see where hes coming from at all?

this is why i find the labeling truly annoying im posting in the anti threads so that means im against season 5? which is just not true. perhaps jm should have seen the content of this thread before making such claims. unless there is another anti 5 thread which has such content? i suppose thats possible but i havent seen it.

sigpic
              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                But it does have discussion. weve talked about possible cast changes ect. the anti 5 thread to me, is a place to discuss things i would not like to see or to see certain things changed, with speculation turning to fact as and when spoilers come out as im sure the pro five thread is also discussing such things.

i realy dont see where hes coming from at all?

this is why i find the labeling truly annoying im posting in the anti threads so that means im against season 5? which is just not true. perhaps jm should have seen the content of this thread before making such claims. unless there is another anti 5 thread which has such content? i suppose thats possible but i havent seen it.

I totally hear ya. Take myself for an example. My main complaint is Weir's fate. I feel just when her character has become deeper and great, (which really has been to me since day one), they are possibly giving her the Ford treatment. Now when I watch S4 and if I said it was awful, I would be lying to myself and everyone here, because this season has been one of the best starts to me. I just hate the fact that Weir may be officially gone by the mid-season.
                sigpic

Comment

A campaign would only give him publicity

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

who are they?
                    Um...I don't want to name them in the off chance that I'm wrong about their opinions. Plus, openly hoping for cancellation is the worst of the worst for some pro fans and I don't want to contribute to some sort of "ding list". My advice would be to dig through the recent (weeks/month) posts in the anti s4 thread - people there have stated their views on cancellation when they've talked about the ratings, especially for Adrift.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                    this is why i find the labeling truly annoying im posting in the anti threads so that means im against season 5? which is just not true. perhaps jm should have seen the content of this thread before making such claims.
                    I completely agree. This is the problem with having "anti s4" and "pro s4" threads. The titles imply that the posters within are either completely against or for an entire season. It implies that these posters have no middle ground - that they either have nothing but complaints or nothing but praise. And as one knows who actually posts in such threads, that's just not the case. I still can't find this mythical poster who hates everything and everyone in s4. Mostly negative sure, but even the most unhappy posters in the anti threads have stated that they're looking forward to something, such as the Weir or Carson eps. And the same but reversed goes for pro posters.

It's easier to generalize, unfortunately. "All the antis hate the show and the actors and have awful, depressing lives." "All the pros love the show, play sycophant to TPTB, and couldn't critically analyze an ep if their lives depended on it." I've seen comments similar to the above more than I'd like, and it's really frustrating. It fuels this nonstop feud and isolates those fans who lean neither toward anti or pro. They don't feel like they're "anti enough" to post in the anti thread or "pro enough" to post in the pro threads.

Comment

Hello All - I visited JM's blog today and saw all the posters sharing their opinions about the anti-S5 thread. I don't normally post here, but I do visit occasionally. I decided to post on JM's blog, but also wanted to share my post here - I just felt like it would be appropriate for you all to see what I wrote. It was not my intention to speak on behalf of a thread, just to illustrate a different point of view to the whole "anti" and "pro" thing.....

Spoiler:

Just throwing some things out there for discussion on the blog, since there have been several comments/opinions posted on JM's blog about GW threads.

Currently, their exists both a "Pro S5" and a "Anti S5" thread on GW.

And, while I don't really "play" in either thread, I do visit each occasionally.

I believe, the Pro thread is for fans to discuss what they hope happens in S5, what they are excited about for S5, etc. For me that would be "Gosh, I really hope Elizabeth is back home on Atlantis in S5".

And, I believe, the Anti thread is for fans to discuss what worries them about S5 or what they hope doesn't happen in S5. For me that would be "Gosh, I hope Elizabeth isn't dead in S4 with no hope of return for S5."

Granted, as with any online forum, there will be posters who take things off-topic, or too far, or go over the top, etc. (i.e. there may be some Pro S5 posters who think anything that happens in S5 will be great, no matter what and there will be some Anti S5 posters who are convinced that S5 will be bad, no matter what).

I don't support either extreme, but figure different folks have different ways of expressing themselves.

I'm not sure what I'm asking that we discuss here, perhaps I just wanted to make a point that not all people who post in the "Pro S5" thread on GW fit into one category just like not all people who post in the "Anti S5" thread fit into one category, either.

sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Hey SMB, I don't post on this thread really either, I just wanted to express my opinion of what was said, because most of the Anti's only are against an aspect here and there. That was a nice question you asked. I think the main complaint from Joe was about the people who want the show to be cancelled and will make comments like "Oh Sci-fi will pull a Farscape on SGA" or "SGA should be cancelled with their low ratings".

I think my biggest complaint is the fate of Weir. Doesn't mean I can't still love the season so far, which I am.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think my biggest complaint is the fate of Weir. Doesn't mean I can't still love the season so far, which I am.
                          If that gives you an anti-feeling or something alike, then by all means you are most welcome here. You have a misgiving, a complaint or a anti-feeling ... then the anti-thread is the place to be to express your opinion and find like-minded people.

Or am I completely missing the point again?
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Um...I don't want to name them in the off chance that I'm wrong about their opinions. Plus, openly hoping for cancellation is the worst of the worst for some pro fans and I don't want to contribute to some sort of "ding list". My advice would be to dig through the recent (weeks/month) posts in the anti s4 thread - people there have stated their views on cancellation when they've talked about the ratings, especially for Adrift.
                            I'm too lazy to do it. I want to know who the other banditos are
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

I can understand that, but JM sure knows how to put his foot in his mouth in regards to dealing with fans.

What JM needs to realize that Stargate is like a pizza. For years, we had cheese pizza, then a new pizza was created and fans were like "what? pepperoni on pizza?! eeeeu!" or "oh yeah" (aka SGA). Every change to a show is like changing the topping; some folks are gonna like, others aren't. Season five is yet another evolution of the pizza, and if you haven't been happy with all of the chef's creations, you can be leery of another pizza.

Comment

Yeah, I do wonder if the writers will capably handle Weir's fate, one way or the other, and not just lose her or blow her up like they did with Ford. I'm not anti-Season 5 - I want another season - but I want a GOOD season. I want resolution with Weir (possibly a return, if nothing else in a guest role), no replicators (please, NO MORE REPLICATORS!). If carter didn't come back as commander, it wouldn't bother me (no, I'm not anti-carter but thus far am not overly impressed with how the writers have portrayed her in SGA).

Comment

Working...
                                X