Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think things will return to 'normal' by S5? (S3 and S4 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Hey not fair I'm much better looking than him!
    *snort* I don't think it'd be that hard to look better than the Governator. uh, no offense

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    They could name the episode "Dances With Wraiths".
    *snort* LOL!
    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
      Weir has 'aided' no more then John, McKay, Teyla, etc. So one could say that John has also aided us in developing more enemies than allies.
      Uh, nope. With the exception of John, who was trying to save the lives of his men, none of the others have helped Atlantis make enemies. Weir has had some woppa-dosey BAD decsisions that made eneimes of the Asurans, Michael, and nearly the Terranans, had they more ability to fight back when she gave the order to blow up the Orion. Name ONE situation where Teyla or Rodney has made enemies for Atlantis?

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
      I don't think she has disregarded the concerns of her military leader at all. John has said numerous times that he agreed with her decisions.
      John likes to get along- so if he doesn't strongly disagree with Weir and her lame attempts to do his job for him, he goes along. It's just the kind of man he is. His one love in life is going out on missions and flying. He'll do the other stuff if he has to, but if he can skate and get Weir to do it for him then he will. I wish to heck he wouldn't cause everytime Weir trys to make military decisions things go terribly wrong. She's not trained for that kind of job- period. Thankfully, the writers have fixed this situation and she won't be there anymore to get Atlantis in any more trouble.

You can tell where John's loyalties lie when his higher ups come on the scene from Earth. He JUMPS over Weir to side with them while all she does is complain that she should have a say in decisions that she has NO expertise in. And then she wonders why no one wants from the IOA wants to keep her in the loop about the decisions they need to make.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
        *snort* I don't think it'd be that hard to look better than the Governator. uh, no offense

*snort* LOL!
        None taken.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by pie eater general View Post
          Well, why stop there? Maybe Season 5 will see the end of Ronan and the return of Ford... wouldn't that be the 'true' Atlantis?

Sorry to sound snarky, but I see TV shows (the good ones anyway) as living, evolving creations (oxymoron surely!)... things change, sometimes for worse, but usually for the better... hopefully things will work out that way here too.
          Good point. Things change but not always for the better. In this case things are looking good lets hope i'm right.

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
            Long story short! I will love to stop discussing Weir. Unfortunately there are a huge number of avatars and signatures about saving a certain Saint, that annoy my eyes and take my focus from other stuff. Apparenty beloging to some people who will not watch the show now that the Saint is gone and the blonde Demon came.

So i understand that Weir's subject is still hot (clue: the signatures) so i discuss it further. Suit me!
            folks

WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT POLICE SIGS AND AVATARS

as long as they fall within the rules, (our rules based on respecting the actors and the pg limit and basic decency) folks can express whatever they want with their avs.

if you don't like them, turn them off or get over it.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              folks

WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT POLICE SIGS AND AVATARS

as long as they fall within the rules, (our rules based on respecting the actors and the pg limit and basic decency) folks can express whatever they want with their avs.

if you don't like them, turn them off or get over it.
              To be honest, why do people care about the avatars/sigs? It doesn't change their opinion. *shrug*
              click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                With the exception of John, who was trying to save the lives of his men, none of the others have helped Atlantis make enemies. Weir has had some woppa-dosey BAD decsisions that made eneimes of the Asurans, Michael, and nearly the Terranans, had they more ability to fight back when she gave the order to blow up the Orion. Name ONE situation where Teyla or Rodney has made enemies for Atlantis?

cause everytime Weir trys to make military decisions things go terribly wrong. She's not trained for that kind of job- period. Thankfully, the writers have fixed this situation and she won't be there anymore to get Atlantis in any more trouble.
                I'm guessing that Weir made horribly bad decisions and created enemies because it was essential for plot purposes. It's all very well being glad that the writers have 'fixed' the situation by getting rid of Weir but somebody else will have to make bad decisions/enemies instead in order to create new situations and stories.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  I'm guessing that Weir made horribly bad decisions and created enemies because it was essential for plot purposes. It's all very well being glad that the writers have 'fixed' the situation by getting rid of Weir but somebody else will have to make bad decisions/enemies instead in order to create new situations and stories.
                  I agree that Elizabeth was the victim of plot-driven writing and if the writers don't own up to this and resolve to write tighter scripts that keep the characters in-character, then I'm afraid that, despite the very promising spoilers, new victims will be chosen in Season 4.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                    I agree that Elizabeth was the victim of plot-driven writing and if the writers don't own up to this and resolve to write tighter scripts that keep the characters in-character, then I'm afraid that, despite the very promising spoilers, new victims will be chosen in Season 4.
                    This is the main reason why I'm not happy with Sam Carter moving over to SGA. I really, really like the character and always have done. I'm just hoping her versatility doesn't mean she ends up creating disasters in the military, scientific and diplomatic areas because so many future plots require somebody putting a foot in it.

I just hope the writers can find a different way of creating crises otherwise it will have to be Sheppard, McKay, Ronon and Teyla taking it in turns to be idiot of the week. Carter will then end up looking silly because she'll have to keep defending the others in order to keep them on the team.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is the main reason why I'm not happy with Sam Carter moving over to SGA. I really, really like the character and always have done. I'm just hoping her versatility doesn't mean she ends up creating disasters in the military, scientific and diplomatic areas because so many future plots require somebody putting a foot in it.
                      I've adjusted to the fact that Sam will be SGA's new leader, however, I share your concern about how TPTB will incorporate her into Atlantis. I don't want TPTB to make any of the characters look incompetent to suit the plot because that kind of lazy writing always takes me out of the storyline.

I just hope the writers can find a different way of creating crises otherwise it will have to be Sheppard, McKay, Ronon and Teyla taking it in turns to be idiot of the week. Carter will then end up looking silly because she'll have to keep defending the others in order to keep them on the team.
                      I also hope that the writers will not make the characters look stupid in order to generate conflict. Season 2's The Long Goodbye is a prime example of the kind of lazy, character damaging writing that I hope we don't see in Season 4.

In that episode, it was clear that the writers wanted to have Elizabeth affected first and then have Sheppard affected later, however, instead of taking the time to plot how to achieve that without making Sheppard, Rodney, Caldwell and Carson look stupid, they (the writers) took the lazy route and indeed made the characters look stupid.

You know the writing for that episode was bad when the fans easily came up with several plausible ways to achieve the same end without making the characters look like they should have been sitting in the corner wearing dunce hats.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

I think that there's a pretty good chance that Atlantis will be back for a fifth season, but there are definately some issues that tptb need to remedy (like lazy character writing, and not reacting to Carson's death, etc.) for it to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beakymoose View Post
                          I think that there's a pretty good chance that Atlantis will be back for a fifth season, but there are definately some issues that tptb need to remedy (like lazy character writing, and not reacting to Carson's death, etc.) for it to make it.
                          I agree about the fifth season but I don't think the writing is bad at all. As to Carson it was actually well done because they all acted well in Sunday and it would have just been very depressing for the characters.

Comment

Working...
                          X