McKay and Keller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I don't see how Ronon was out of character. Have we really seen him being alone with a girl that's not Teyla before? How can they be out of character when they're in a situation their character has never been in before? Obviously he'll act differently than how he acted in the past.
    Why would you assume that he would react differently because Keller's female? It wasn't like Quarantine was the first time they had ever spoken to each other. We've seen him in several scenes with Keller before Quarantine and I didn't seen anything in those scenes to prepare me for Quarantine-Ronon.

No, we haven't seen him get stuck in a hospital room with a woman (or a man for that matter before), but we have seen him stuck on a hive ship with Rodney (another whiner), we've also seen him calmly blow off an attractive woman's attention in Tao of Rodney, we also know that he's a man of few words, unless necessary and we know that he's not good at just waiting around. In other words, we've seen nothing to indicate that he would suddenly become a fawning, giddy, chatterbox with Keller just because they were alone so - yes, he was out of character for me and that's largely why I didn't enjoy his scenes with her.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

I don't see any similarities between the scenes you cited and the one in Quarantine besides the obvious. All other scenes between them in the past have be brief and quick, usually because Ronon hurt himself. And yes, I would imagine he'd act differently around girls than boys (don't we all?), especially if the girl reminds him of his dead lover (call it creepy all you want, but there is a connection there). Added to that, they were stuck and had nothing to do, and there's no immediate danger (i.e. not the Rodney-Ronon situation where they had to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible), so all there is left is to talk.

In fact, rewatching that scene just now, it was Keller who came up with the idea of talking to get to know each other (which Ronon didn't actually respond to at first). Ronon only responded to ask Keller if she's ok, and things snowballed from there.

Comment

This is just bad writing. When did Mckay become a ladies man? He seems so repulsive why show this side of him. I really find this irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by Visno View Post
          This is just bad writing. When did Mckay become a ladies man? He seems so repulsive why show this side of him. I really find this irritating.
          If he needs educating in the ways of women, he can come right on over here. I dont find him repulsive at all.

Ladies man? I dont see that at all. Hes had one serious-ish? relashionship in 4 years that showed he was realy unsure how to do the dating thing. 1 beer with a co-worker. Allina was him still being unsure as to how woman percieve him.

I thing this season is showing a lot more romantic envolvement between charcters. i.e fliting ect. its not something I enjoy and i hope that it does not become the basis of any more eps. casual comments such as the beer thing i dont think are a problem. Larrins and shpes constant flirting did nothing for me. Different fans have different balances I think for these types of things. a few minutes works for me 40 mins of flirting does not.

each to there own I suppose
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

It's not bad writing, it's just you have no sense of imagination.
            These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I'm sorry, but how in the world was McKay even remotely close to being a ladies man?
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                I'm sorry, but how in the world was McKay even remotely close to being a ladies man?
                A pre-teen wants to marry him.
                Score!
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                  A pre-teen wants to marry him.
                  Score!
                  There's something ver wrong with that sentence
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Keller's thing was the way someone wuld act towards someone else who'd been exceptionally heroic at the potential cost of their own lives. She talked to him as a person would who'd been through a life-or-death situation with him.

Her comment about how he isn't very good at this struck me as more witty, respectful banter than an actual come-on.
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I honestly didn't see the interaction between the two as any kind of prelude to a "relationship." It seemed to just be banter between two people who have just gone through alot together and are now better friends. They can joke back and forth without it leading to anything more serious and I see people do this all the time "in real life."
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi

i'm new in this forum and i'm not from an english speaking country so excuse my bad english

I think, that this thing between Keller and McKay is nothing more, than a flirt between two friend although i really hope, that there might me something between them in the futur, because someone like Rodney having a relationship with someone like Keller would be a moral support for every SGA fan who is shy infront of cute women.

Comment

Originally posted by hooverxp View Post
                          Hi

i'm new in this forum and i'm not from an english speaking country so excuse my bad english

I think, that this thing between Keller and McKay is nothing more, than a flirt between two friend although i really hope, that there might me something between them in the futur, because someone like Rodney having a relationship with someone like Keller would be a moral support for every SGA fan who is shy infront of cute women.
                          Your English is very good

After "Trio" i am now a McKay/Keller shipper. I didnt even think about the pairing until after i had watched "Trio" but i just really like the interaction between the 2 characters and there seemed to a natural chemistry between the two unlike the Ronon/Keller scene in "Quarantine" which seemed very forced and unnatural.

Comment

I think it was flirting, they way she ask McKay to go for a drink, was def flirting!!

But what about the ep quarantine when she was getting very close with Ronon. What will happen?
                            This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                            Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                            we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                              I agree completely. One of the reasons i hated the McKay/Brown relationship. If McKay is going to have another relationship i only hope that it is with a strong character who is willing to tell him when he is being a arse and i think that is one fo the reasons McKay fell for Carter as deep down i think McKay knows that he needs a strong woman. Katie Brown's personality was as week as warm butter.
                              YES! Well said.
                              sigpic

Comment

Of course it was flirting? And so what if it was? Everybody at one point in their life has flirted with someone else and then it has gone nowhere.

If it will eventually come to that, I think it's a decent paring. I didn't mind Ronon-Keller as long as they thought about it and it wasn't some Freudian thing on Ronon's part. lol Rodney-Katie was ok, but as Jeanie noted, she was just too good for him. I take "good" in the "positive" definition. Someone that positive with someone that negative is doomed to failure.

Keller and McKay are much, much more alike. They could one day have super-smart, wimpy babies!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X