This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feb04 View Post
    i agree with the pity date , i think i must be in a minority of one because i enjoyed this episode , great banter in it and some great team bonding as well. though they could have shown sam in plaster at the end !! for a really bad episode .... harmony .... - really dreadful , i have taped over that already. lets face it atlantis fans are not keen on sam carter
    Lets just pause right there...

I am an Atlantis Fan
    I like Carter
    I like Carter as Commanding Officer of Atlantis
    I really liked Trio.

so every episode she is in gets bad press !! well lets see what its like next season with woolsey in charge .... thats bad news!!
    Woolsey wont be that bad.. He just need to put the IOA on speed dial.
    : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
    : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Finally watched this last night.. I did not mind it. Not as good as say Quarenteen, or some of the other stand alones, but not crud either. And i loved it how Mccay did the 'staying behind to let them 2 go, knowing he stood a good chance of dying.

Comment

What a horrible episode. I couldn't stand to watch to the end. I think I lasted about 20 minutes.

I really didn't expect much, considering it was Carter, Keller and McKay, but this was worse than I could have imagined.

I certainly didn't anticipate the bashing of Zelenka, Keller instructing two physicists via drinking games or Rodney suggesting his boss expose herself to children. I wonder how humorous people would find it if someone suggested O'Neill or Hammond drop their pants in front of little girls? Totally tasteless.

Comment

It gets better towards the end. Maybe try it again and FF through the first 20 mins?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
            What a horrible episode. I couldn't stand to watch to the end. I think I lasted about 20 minutes.

I really didn't expect much, considering it was Carter, Keller and McKay, but this was worse than I could have imagined.

I certainly didn't anticipate the bashing of Zelenka, Keller instructing two physicists via drinking games or Rodney suggesting his boss expose herself to children. I wonder how humorous people would find it if someone suggested O'Neill or Hammond drop their pants in front of little girls? Totally tasteless.
            Next time do like me and skip the whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
              And Carter, she has seen everything, done everything, except for matigra.
              Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              what is matigra? i tried looking the word up.
              I'm guessing he means Mardi Gras....where flashing for cheap plastic beads is expected.... Sam is a lot classier than that.

Anyway...as to the episode...eh, worthless filler.

I'm no fan of Keller and I'll just leave it at that.

The writers having the other characters put down Zelenka and make him out to be some kind of creep for a stupid laugh. wth?

As well as other problems that I have no interest in elaborating on.

Somewhat positive was that Sam got to have more of a roll in this episode and be more like the Sam of old, but it's a pity that AT's time was relegated to this less than stellar episode plot.

Some good Sam/McKay banter.

Nice McKay moment of him getting to be the hero.

Toss Keller down that mine shaft and I might have enjoyed this episode more.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                Five and a half hours for check-in is a ridiculously long time given the nature of offworld missions. Surely contact via radio one hour into the mission would be more prudent, with regular updates every two hours thereafer. They could be miles from the gate, but as long as Atlantis dials and establishes a connection, radio chatter would be simple. But 5.5 hours? That's just reckless.
                Actually it was 6. It became 5.5 at the time they realized it. The normal time for a check in is normally 6 hours.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                  The sad thingis though that the episode "Trio" probably had the most sexual references of any Stargate episode in quite some time and it only had 2 or 3 comments even related to sex. People lve Battlestar Galactica which has a tonne of sexual references so i cant see why people would stop loving Atlantis if they added the occassional adult comment.
                  Different audience, maybe. Not sure, as I managed the first episode of the miniseries of BSG and never bothered with the rest. However, a lot of people are uncomfortable with sexual references, even if they're normal in these times. Me, I'm a Torchwood fan, so you can tell where I stand

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  As for the sexual references McKay made, as a female myself, I loved them. I thought they were hilarious. I thought it was totally in character for him. I am going to get totally ripped apart by a lot of women here, but what ticks me off more than anything in tv and movies is the way MEN are treated as idiots. Take any commercial, any couple in a sitcom, or a comedic movie and the guys are always the stupid ones, and the women know better. Why? Because if McKay can't throw the grappling hook up high enough, it is hilarious, but if Carter can't do it, people yell 'sexist!'. Just like Carter and Keller can initiate 'who would you do?', but heaven forbid if McKay had been the first one to suggest it.
                  I'm going to green you for that. I'm female, and I have the same problem. I think it's a backlash from the old shows where the men are the only ones with sense, but I'd really like to see a balance.

A couple little niggles I had about the show. Carter fell a few too many times. It was: solved the problem....she's up....oops, she's down, but no injuries. Solved the problem....she's up....oops, she's down, no injury. Solved the problem...she's up....oops, she's down. Major injury. Enough already!
                  Um, she's a scientist, not a yoyo? :: runs for the hills ::

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  I've just watched this episode and really enjoyed it. There was no magic high tech solution for a change so two of Earth's top scientists had to improvise with whatever they could find. Sam, the action adventure character, ended up disabled and having to rely on the others. Rodney, who isn't a super fit athletic guy, had to use muscle to get them all out. Keller, who is competent in her own field, had to be practical in a situation which was completely different from a medical emergency.
                  That's an excellent way of looking at it - I wasn't that enthused the first time, but after this comment, I think I'll go back and watch again.

I thought the conversations were great fun and I really liked the Keller/Rodney interaction. I honestly cant see anything wrong with the way she was behaving. There's been no indication that she's even had one date with Ronon let alone become involved in a serious relationship with him so I see no reason at all why she couldn't ask Rodney to have a drink with her when they were back in the city. This is 2008 and girls are allowed to do that kind of thing these days. It doesn't mean that having a drink together is going to lead to anything more than friendship, either, even though Rodney saved her life. Finally, she knew that Rodney's relationship with Katie was over so it wasn't like she was trying to get between them and cause them to break up. (In case anyone's wondering I'm a woman who's not far off qualifying for a Senior Citizens' bus pass. My husband, who's already got his, doesn't see Keller as acting immorally either so her behaviour didn't upset us old folks.)
                  Just wait for the fireworks if Sheppard ever looks at her..... :: ducks flying flames :: - honestly, just joking.....

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Actually it was 6. It became 5.5 at the time they realized it. The normal time for a check in is normally 6 hours.
                  Yep. They've used that timing before.

Comment

so we all saw it, kellar asking mckay for a drink... but didnt kellar and ronan kiss a couple weeks ago?

tsk tsk

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
                    to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
                    its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by josh View Post
                      so we all saw it, kellar asking mckay for a drink... but didnt kellar and ronan kiss a couple weeks ago?

tsk tsk
                      Yes. Nothing came of it, she's still single.

Comment

Yeah, that was weird. I can see them as friends hanging out maybe to help him relax some but I like Keller much better with Ronan, I think they make a perfect match. I also liked that they were introducing some street smarts (if u can all it that) with Keller's knowledge of bar/drinking games to her character.

Comment

Originally posted by josh View Post

tsk tsk
                          nope this is what happened
                          Spoiler:

sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I liked keller with ronan. I can't picture keller and mckay having a relationship.
                            Ummm... Mer?

Comment

Originally posted by That-scary-insane-girl View Post
                              I liked keller with ronan. I can't picture keller and mckay having a relationship.
                              Im the other way around. "Trio" was great as Keller and McKay had alot of natural chemistry while i thought that the scene between Keller and Ronon in "Quarantine" was extremely forced and didnt feel natural to me.

Comment

Keller and Ronon connected over their past traumas. Keller and Rodney connected over her almost flashing her chest [and him saving her life, yeah]. IMO, their relatioship would be better staying like it was in the beginning of the episode: adversarial. They seem like completely opposite personalities anyway, and not in that 'opposites attract' way, either.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X