• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
    I think you need a reality check.
    What kind do you think I should get?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hmmm, I just rewatched "Bad Guys" from SG1 - also a Martin Gero filler-kind episode. I have to say it beats "Trio" by far...
      Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        What kind do you think I should get?
        If you were to kick a man every time he said something you dont like you would end up in gaol.

Comment

It seems juvenile, fraternity humor is liked.
          i thought that was the point, that mackay despite his intelligence is very childish

Well, this female thinks it was a bad joke and would have kicked McKay in the nuts making him cry and hoping he'd still would be able to have McKay juniors afterwards.
          i thank thor that you're not in this fictional tv universe then
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

If you were to kick a man every time he said something you dont like you would end up in gaol.

...I don't think she was being serious so...meh. She's safe. Men are safe. We're all cool. =D

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I think it great we are getting some calm/stand alone and humor eps. The next 4 eps are going to be filled with action, suspense, mystery, drama, and etc. So it's nice once and awhile to slow down.
              Why so defensive Brian? If its not the ratings it is always something else to try to make them look good. What you said in your post amounts to boring+filler nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                I think it great we are getting some calm/stand alone and humor eps. The next 4 eps are going to be filled with action, suspense, mystery, drama, and etc. So it's nice once and awhile to slow down.
                I dont mind the slowing down etc i just wish they could do it utalising the team together, thats what i miss

I have to say I realy enjoyed Trio. It went along way in endearing me to both Keller and Carter. I also thought it was nice to see them show him support over his failed relashionship rather than have them take the mickey which has happened often in the past.

if the interactions continue in this vain I will be very happy. although I have noticed that the charcters sometimes change there behaviours to suit the plot rather than the plot suiting the charcter, or maybe thats just me! who cares. this makes 4 eps i like woohoo
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                  Well, this female thinks it was a bad joke and would have kicked McKay in the nuts making him cry and hoping he'd still would be able to have McKay juniors afterwards.
                  i thank thor that you're not in this fictional tv universe then
                  But just think of how humorous it would have been! I would have probably fallen out of my chair.

Comment

Just a quick question to all the Americans on the forum

If Carter didnt find the rope and they had decided to try McKay's plan by using their cloths to make a rope would Atlantis have a high enough rating (PG-13 i think) to have 3 characters in their underwear for 25 minutes or would the censors not allow them to do it?

Its a dumb question i know but i was just curious.

Comment

Just a quick question to all the Americans on the forum

If Carter didnt find the rope and they had decided to try McKay's plan by using their cloths to make a rope would Atlantis have a high enough rating (PG-13 i think) to have 3 characters in their underwear for 25 minutes or would the censors not allow them to do it?

Its a dumb question i know but i was just curious.
                      I don't know why the censors would have objected. No different than people running around in swimsuits for an hour.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                        I don't know why the censors would have objected. No different than people running around in swimsuits for an hour.
                        Thats what i thought but then i thought that the USA does have very tight censor restrictions on any subject even remtely related to sex so i thought id ask to make sure.
                        Last edited by ykickamoocow; 11 February 2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Thats what i thought but then i thought that the USA does have very tight cesor restrictions on any subject even remtely related to sex so i thought id ask to make sure.
                          A lot would depend on how much focus their was on them dressed like that.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            A lot would depend on how much focus their was on them dressed like that.
                            I still think Carter should have waited something like a minute before announcing the finding of the rope
                            ...Or just not have found it so fast...

Comment

Thats what i thought but then i thought that the USA does have very tight censor restrictions on any subject even remtely related to sex so i thought id ask to make sure.
                              At the hour it is shown in the US, shows can get away with A LOT (harsh language, brief partial nudity, etc). And that's on network TV. SciFi is a cable channel, and they have much more leeway. I would say any limitations on skin is set by SciFi and SGA's showrunners. And I would point you to SG-1's Chimera as an ep with some obvious sex in it (by Stargate standards).
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                                At the hour it is shown in the US, shows can get away with A LOT (harsh language, brief partial nudity, etc). And that's on network TV. SciFi is a cable channel, and they have much more leeway. I would say any limitations on skin is set by SciFi and SGA's showrunners. And I would point you to SG-1's Chimera as an ep with some obvious sex in it (by Stargate standards).
                                Different cultures I supposed, at that time network TV would get away with full frontal in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X