Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trio Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/bossluna/sam1.jpg

YES!...major Sam whumpage tomorrow. Finally! Woo hooo! i've been looking forward to seeing "TRio" and "Midway" since the beginning of the season.
    same here among other eps of course
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

from Alex Levine's blog
      In any case, Martin explained that Trio was intended to be another smaller, bottle type episode - three people in a room. Those three people, Sam Carter, Jennifer Keller, and Rodney McKay. The idea of course, was to save money. But the story became so logistically complicated, and so dependent on some amazing stunts and "gags" that saving money was not really an option. It became a very expensive show. And the good news - the money shows on the screen.

You may not know this, but there was a "gimbled" set built for the SG-1 movie Continuum, and the SGA producers told them not to tear it down because they wanted to use it. That was, in fact, the inspiration for this episode. But in shooting Continuum, the producers realized the set didn't gimble enough - only about 8 degrees. So they raised the set so it could slant to 20 degrees. There's your first big expense. Martin explained that the trick to shooting a gimbled set is to level the camera to floor. Otherwise the effect doesn't work at all. And engineers were called in to make sure it was all safe.

Martin Wood explained that this was the most difficult episode he directed all year, because it relied on not less than eight different gags. His job, as he explained it, is to push the real action as far as possible, right up to the point that it becomes dangerous for the actors. Then the stunt men and women are called in. And according to James Bamford, our intrepid stunt coordinator, the stunts in this one are awesome.

One final note: the cast had a great time shooting this one, even though it was rigorous and the days were long. Amanda, David, and Jewel literally danced and laughed during takes. I think there was even some dinner theatre in there. So enjoy it, because they enjoyed making it.
      http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/archi...low_build.html
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
        The best we can hope for is Keller getting killed in a cave in, maybe all this talk of her being a regular on season 5 is to throw us off!!! At least mckay will feature heavily, that'll make this episode worth veiwing.
        Not for me.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
          The best we can hope for is Keller getting killed in a cave in, maybe all this talk of her being a regular on season 5 is to throw us off!!! At least mckay will feature heavily, that'll make this episode worth veiwing.
          I'm not hoping for that... maybe more depth the Keller character

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Not for me.
          Yup.

Comment

McKay wants to see boobs

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
              McKay wants to see boobs
              Sam will kick his ass if he tries anything
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                McKay wants to see boobs

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                Sam will kick his ass if he tries anything
                Ya know she will

Comment

Poor Zelenka...

Comment

I hope they rat those kids out to their parents when they get out. Annoying idiots

Comment

I hate it how you guys get to see the episode now but i have to wait another 4 or 5 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                        Poor Zelenka...
                        It would be funny if she ended up picking Chuck or Lorne as her favorite just to spite McKay

Comment

McKay is SOOOOO bad!!!!!!! "show 'em yer boobs so we can get out of the cave" - NOT sure that's in the Stargate Survival Manual....

das
                          sigpic

Comment

McKay is no Indiana Jones

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              McKay is SOOOOO bad!!!!!!! "show 'em yer boobs so we can get out of the cave" - NOT sure that's in the Stargate Survival Manual....

das
                              It should be.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                                NOT sure that's in the Stargate Survival Manual....
                                It makes you wonder what is in McKays Survival Manual

Comment

Working...
                                X