Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trio Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say I'm more than a little bit disappointed about what happened on the editing floor. Couldn't they have just cut out something else? Oh, well, maybe this was just another teaser and they never intended to put that scene in the episode. Not really looking forward to the episode that much now.

Comment

Took forever to find this page (that darn search feature which won't find 4 letter words *cough*)

Anyway, David Hewlett's Q&A at SciFi (part 1 of 2) on their Stargate Atlantis page has spoiler clips from TRIO.

I've done up a transcript, with nearly three dozen screencaps, at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/129120.html

So, Carter, McKay and Keller all seem to fall through the ground (and the field they walk through looks supsiciously familiar). McKay spends at least one scene putting his foot in his mouth with carter, so I guess the writers haven't matured him enough to stop drooling over carter... sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Took forever to find this page (that darn search feature which won't find 4 letter words *cough*)

Anyway, David Hewlett's Q&A at SciFi (part 1 of 2) on their Stargate Atlantis page has spoiler clips from TRIO.

I've done up a transcript, with nearly three dozen screencaps, at

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/129120.html

So, Carter, McKay and Keller all seem to fall through the ground (and the field they walk through looks supsiciously familiar). McKay spends at least one scene putting his foot in his mouth with carter, so I guess the writers haven't matured him enough to stop drooling over carter... sigh...
        Meh...I don't mind the occasional backsliding as long as it's just that. Occasional. McKay is McKay after all and he does have some Carter issues he has to deal with at one point or another. Her response though and Jen's expression were priceless. LOL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Re: McKay/Carter thing.

Trio comes after Quarantine.

Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
            Meh...I don't mind the occasional backsliding as long as it's just that. Occasional. McKay is McKay after all and he does have some Carter issues he has to deal with at one point or another. Her response though and Jen's expression were priceless. LOL
            DIdn't Mallozzi say they were going to deal with that early on? Which I gathered was nipped in the bud when she first arrived. Well, thought so. Just don't want a whole season of McKay lusting after carter.

Comment

DIdn't Mallozzi say they were going to deal with that early on? Which I gathered was nipped in the bud when she first arrived. Well, thought so. Just don't want a whole season of McKay lusting after carter.
              I think Reunion was sufficient in nipping it as being an issue. But an occasional, very rare aside is fine by me as it's a part of their history and their story.

BTW did you see what I said on that thread about the line McKay says in Trio that you weren't able to hear?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                I think Reunion was sufficient in nipping it as being an issue. But an occasional, very rare aside is fine by me as it's a part of their history and their story.

BTW did you see what I said on that thread about the line McKay says in Trio that you weren't able to hear?
                Yup, left you a thank you note. I'll get it updated tonight when I get home.

Comment

Ah, okay, Amanda Tapping's Video Q&A at Scifi gave us some TRIO tidbits.

Since this is a spoiler thread, we can chat about it

I've got transcript / screencaps up at
                  http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/131136.html if you want to see pictures from the clip

but this dialogue, when Carter/McKay/Keller are stuck down in the hole and two boys peer down just made me cringe, as McKay has regressed back, i swear, even before SG1!

McKay: Maybe if you show them your, uh… (hinting for her to flast her breasts)

Carter (affronted): Excuse me?

McKay: I was once a ten-year-old boy too. I know what gets their attention.

Carter: McKay.

McKay: Do you want to get out of here or not?
                  So, not sure if I'm going to like this episode or not although the falling down through the hole, though done a million times before, was funny.
                  Last edited by prion; 02 November 2007, 04:04 PM.

Comment

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/131136.html if you want to see pictures from the clip

but this dialogue, when Carter/McKay/Keller are stuck down in the hole and two boys peer down just made me cringe, as McKay has regressed back, i swear, even before SG1!

So, not sure if I'm going to like this episode or not although the falling down through the hole, though done a million times before, was funny.
                    First of all, thanks for the transcript and screen caps.

After seeing Travelers last week, I'm having trouble seeing this as a "regression." I recall quite a few episodes from Season 1 and 2 where Rodney makes similar cringe-worthy comments about the attractive female guest characters. I guess I just don't see where this theory of "regression" is coming from. He's always been like this from the beginning (48 Hours) and similar comments and incidents have popped up quite frequently throughout the run of SGA. Others keep saying he has matured and grown up while on SGA. In some areas, I definitely think he has. He has learned to work with people and how to form and maintain strong friendships. He has also learned to trust people instead of always feeling that he can only rely on himself. He has also usually treated the two women he works closely with (Teyla and Weir) with the utmost respect. But in regards to his attitude towards women in general (esp. attractive ones), he has never shown much positive growth. How can he regress if he has never progressed?

It would be nice to see McKay grow up and cut out the crude comments about women. It would be nice if he would treat all the women the way he treats Teyla and Weir. But over the course of the series, there have only been glimpses that have shown his ability to change in regards to his attitude towards most women. And IMHO it would be quite out of character for him to suddenly change and become politically correct and be overly sensitive about what he says about women all the time. It's one of the flaws that make him an interesting character. But that's just the way I see it. I know a lot of other fans feel quite differently.

Comment

Man, I hope that's the only line like that . . .
                      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I don't mind it. Carter and McKay's relationship has been like that for some time.

Comment

Actually I can totally picture that and it sounds funny I couldn't help but smile as I picture that scene. I think it will be just fine.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I cant wait to see this eps it looks realy, realy ,realy good i think theres gonna be a lot of great moments in this one especialy with Sam and Jenifer and Sam and McKay

i was luaghing so much at that bit when the two boys are looking at them down the hole and McKay sugestion to Sam i love the look she gives him

I cant wait to see it
                            sigpic
                            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                              I cant wait to see this eps it looks realy, realy ,realy good i think theres gonna be a lot of great moments in this one especialy with Sam and Jenifer and Sam and McKay

i was luaghing so much at that bit when the two boys are looking at them down the hole and McKay sugestion to Sam i love the look she gives him

I cant wait to see it
                              Me either it's just so far away.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Stuff from JM:

Elizabeth writes: “Did the deleted scenes from Trio make it onto the deleted scenes special feature on the season four DVD?”

Answer: I’m not sure there were any whole deleted scenes or significant cuts in Trio that warranted a special feature appearance.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ear-no-really/

Comment

Working...
                                X