This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
    I believe her goal was to have a working interface so they could activate the ship. Larin even commented on that in the end of the episode. They have John's blood sample and data from usage of the ship. Larin believes they can eventually come up with an interface, but it would be a lot faster if John was just stay and activate everything else. Therefore, she doesn't have a completely working ship and no working interface, but the most important parts are activated, so her people can live and travel on it.
    I need to rewatch that scene again. I don't think her problem was the fact that the ship wasn't completely operational more than the fact that the ship will break down.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
      I personally though this was the best episode of the season so far. Adrift is a close second. I'm not setting my hopes high for next week's episode.
      They. Lost. Another. Ancient. Warship. Why.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        They. Lost. Another. Ancient. Warship. Why.
        Kirking
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
          I need to rewatch that scene again. I don't think her problem was the fact that the ship wasn't completely operational more than the fact that the ship will break down.
          My bad, I am referring to 2 different scenes here. The part about the interface was from an earlier scenes when they wanted Sheppard to just fly the ship forward to get reading. What she says to sheppard in the end doesn't reflect what my earlier post led on. sorry.
          Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

I hate to say this since Shep is near and dear to my heart, but I was just…bored. Nothing I truly hated, just an overall “meh” to the episode.

On the plus side, a Lorne sighting is always a good thing.

Of the five episodes so far this season, this is definitely the weakest for me.
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
              My bad, I am referring to 2 different scenes here. The part about the interface was from an earlier scenes when they wanted Sheppard to just fly the ship forward to get reading. What she says to sheppard in the end doesn't reflect what my earlier post led on. sorry.
              No. That's all right. Im sorry too for being crass. I wonder if the main bridge was destroyed or just badly damaged.

Comment

a wise man once said, "There's no such thing as original thought any more. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, running them down to a giant melting pot of mediocrity."

....dang, they should have known that would have come back to bite them

Comment

Originally posted by LiveLongAndProsper View Post
                  I was also puzzled by the absence of Colonel Carter. Not even the token mission approval scene that we would've been gotten with Dr. Weir. Very strange, and as aggravating as the unexplained absence of Ronon and Teyla in Grace Under Pressure.
                  I missed having a mission approval type scene, too. But, Amanda was filming two SG-1 movies this year, so she wasn't scheduled for all twenty episodes.
                  For me, this is the weakest episode so far in season 4, and I would only give it a 5 out of 10. Next week's episode looks far more interesting.
                  I agree that it is the weakest episode this season (and it did remind me of Prometheus Unbound), but it was a set up episode. The travelers are out there. They have an Ancient battleship. They are a desperate bunch of people who'll do anything to survive. This episode may not have been a 10/10, but there is definitely potential for the future.

At the end of the day, we got some John whump and some new friends (foes?). That's not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveLongAndProsper View Post
                    I will amend my earlier post and say that in fact, I did chuckle on time. It was when Sheppard gave his name to the guard as Reed Richards. That's really the only bit I did enjoy. Unfortunately, it got buried beneath all that other stuff.
                    Is there some connection to that name "Reed Richards?" I think I'm missing the whole joke there, the name doesn't ring a bell.

Comment

Definite vibes of PU. Was the guy who beat up Shep familiar to anyone? I swear I've seen him in something before.

^Reed Richards is the leader of the Fantastic Four, which Sheppard has compared his team to.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                        Is there some connection to that name "Reed Richards?" I think I'm missing the whole joke there, the name doesn't ring a bell.
                        Reed Richards is the name of the man who goes by Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic Four.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                          a wise man once said, "There's no such thing as original thought any more. We're all just regurgitating the same old ideas over and over again, running them down to a giant melting pot of mediocrity."

....dang, they should have known that would have come back to bite them
                          Thats interesting... because we come up with some amazing technologies every day for a people coming up with no original thoughts.

Just because a tv show had a plot that was kinda-sorta similar to an episode of a related television show that was ON FOR 10 YEARS AND HAD OVER 200 EPISODES doesn't mean humans don't ever have any original thought.

There has only been 1 Shakespeare. He was a genius. The same thing applies to all art. Just because there's no John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Shakespeare, Van Gogh, [fill in favorite artistic genius here] that you personally know about right now doesn't mean we aren't capable of original thought.

EDIT: Sorry, it just really frustrates me when people talk smack about my species

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                            Same here.
                            <<YAWN>>

Oh, was that me? What a boring episode. Too much Shep, too little *anyone* else, no chemistry between Shep and Larren, obvious plot devices, a contrived Traveler ending... the list goes on. But I was too bored to keep track.
                            Can I join? boring episode 6/10

PU all over again, boring and slow, but nice to find out who is the "Daniel J" in the SGA, how many times has Sheppard had been capture/torture? granted he hasn't die like Daniel did, but please he needs to grow a brain.

were was the chain of command? Rodney leading the rescue mision? they should have mention at least the name Carter or Lorne to show they were following such chain in command, the episode just look like everybody was doing what they wanted.

And how many PJ are they willing to risk just to get Sepperd back, they didn't know were he was, what had happend to him, but we see like 6 PJ looking out for him.

and how many SHEPPARD's we hear on the episode?? to many!! writers, were is the imagination?

I will admit there were cool special effects, but the bla bla bla, took away from them.

Quote of epi.

Chick traveler: Sheppard!

Hopefully next week gets better??
                            sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                              No. That's all right. Im sorry too for being crass. I wonder if the main bridge was destroyed or just badly damaged.
                              Thanks, I don't know why I was so heated before... long day I guess.

I wondered the same thing about the bridge. It was probably destroyed. Just because they dramatically slowed the wraith firing on it. I was surprised the Wraith didnt just completely destroy the ship. Maybe TPTB wanted confirm that all wraith didn't know Atlantis survived and those particular wraiths were surprised by lantean tech being used?
                              Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Wow what a wide range of opinions. I thought it was the best episode so far this season. I really didn't notice until reading some earlier posts that Carter wasn't even in the episode.(Not sure what that means- I'm still on the fence with Carter). I liked Lorne- he really needs to became a regular- although some of the regulars don't get much screen time as it is (Great cast)! I still enjoy the Shep-as-Kirk thing, as long as they don't overdo it. Not much from Teyla again, but there are SO MANY great characters that they can't all be prominent in every episode. Great episode! I think season 4 is getting better and better and I'm still on cloud 9 over season 5 next year!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X