These outcast replicators without ZPMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh, that is very good, Ranlier.

I like how your explanation works. It answers several logic questions.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

The weirdest part is that the whole idea centers on one credible and simple premise.

Hey, Joe Malozzi, if you're reading this I work cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
        I think the most reasonable explanation is that it takes time to create ZPMs
        for all we know constructing an artificial region of subspace could take a year or even a decade
        And power. THey used alot of it creating the duplicates that and they don't have the means to do it.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They also might have thought they had more time to make more ZPMs before the other Replicators found them, assuming they had the capacity. I definitely think we need more ZPM answers, though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            I definitely think we need more ZPM answers, though.
            ^^^ yeah same here but i'm guessing the're trying to write in so that they don't give an easy win to able to have multiple zpms just lying around btw love th theory ranlier.
            sigpic
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

ranlier that was a good explanation i find it annoying when ppl jus like to nitpik and not use there imaginations or memory.

do we actually know how long it takes to make a zpm or the difficulties involved with math n materials but i rekon they shud address in some way, wud b a great addition to the ongoing storyline. guessin they either haven't thoguht about it. or its gunna b apart of another plot, or trying not to write themselves into a corner. who knows hopefully we find out or get told!

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                ranlier that was a good explanation i find it annoying when ppl jus like to nitpik and not use there imaginations or memory.

do we actually know how long it takes to make a zpm or the difficulties involved with math n materials but i rekon they shud address in some way, wud b a great addition to the ongoing storyline. guessin they either haven't thoguht about it. or its gunna b apart of another plot, or trying not to write themselves into a corner. who knows hopefully we find out or get told!
                If I remember correctly they said had one, but they used up all their power creating duplicate team.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  ZPM and Holy grail are basically same devices
                  How do you figure?
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

ranlier has a good point but we have to think, why would the most advanced civilization use a power source that takes that long to create.

Comment

Because it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        How do you figure?
                        The Asgard in Camelot explained that the Sangreal was similar to a ZPM but instead of using its energy to power Ancient technology, it directed it into the dimension or plane or whatever that is inhabited by ascended beings, resulting in them being wiped from existence.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                          The Asgard in Camelot explained that the Sangreal was similar to a ZPM but instead of using its energy to power Ancient technology, it directed it into the dimension or plane or whatever that is inhabited by ascended beings, resulting in them being wiped from existence.
                          Ah, well there ya go.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                            proves that the ZPM creating machine is separate from the Ancient city ship designs.
                            Or proves that there was never one to begin with. They were probably created by hand because of how few there are in the galaxy. With the exception being the replicators.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                              Or proves that there was never one to begin with. They were probably created by hand because of how few there are in the galaxy. With the exception being the replicators.
                              Hmm possible. Most likely it was a simple thing for the Ancients to do.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                                lol, I can imagine it clearly now...

"Thanks for purchasing your new ZPM airfix kit. Now, you are going to need some modeling glue, plenty of patience and some sharp scissors (handle them carefully). For best results please assemble your ZPM in a room with good lighting and plenty of vacum energy. WARNING: Kit includes small parts and exotic particles not suitable for children and other universes."

Yep my current best reason for the lack of ZPM's is because they are actually just so bloody boring to assemble.

Comment

Working...
                                X