No announcement yet.

plot hole? (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't understand why RepliKeller wasn't out killing Wraith...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      I still don't understand why RepliKeller wasn't out killing Wraith...
      because RepliKeller doesn't care about the war, she wants to learn how to ascend
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        because RepliKeller doesn't care about the war, she wants to learn how to ascend
        She doesn't have a choice in the matter though, the attack command has been reactivated.

Comment

I think the message the show is trying to tell us is that the Asurans are much more than just nanite composits. They have sentience, and thus can do things not programmed into them and perhaps twist their commands. I.e. Maybe these replicators somehow reasoned that Ascension will lead to the destruction of the Wraith. There are loopholes all over the place.

Comment

I believe seeking ascension takes a greater president than fighting the Wraith. The Asurans were going to fight the Wraith eventually before we got involved anyway.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              I think the message the show is trying to tell us is that the Asurans are much more than just nanite composits. They have sentience, and thus can do things not programmed into them and perhaps twist their commands. I.e. Maybe these replicators somehow reasoned that Ascension will lead to the destruction of the Wraith. There are loopholes all over the place.
              They are not as simple as we once thought. Which is one reason I like them more than the MW replicators. They have more than one agenda.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mroscoe View Post
                How does replica-Weir know that the replicators are destroying the human worlds? Our guys only got the information recently. Replica-Weir's information should be limited to end of season 3.
                They quite easily could've downloaded the information into her it really wouldnt be that hard.
                sigpic
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
                  They quite easily could've downloaded the information into her it really wouldnt be that hard.
                  true but incorrect in this case since it was RepliKeller who mentioned it
                  KELLER: The others have given up on ascension. They’re destroying human populations throughout the galaxy as a tactic in their war with the Wraith. They’re consumed with hatred and revenge. We believe there is another path.
                  WEIR: Why are you telling me all this?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    true but incorrect in this case since it was RepliKeller who mentioned it
                    lol yeah very good point
                    sigpic

Comment

Sick to death seriously sick to death of people just complaining about 1 after another i too have been with it since day one and it just anoys me how people can constantly just nit pick at every single little detail "oh but were fans were aloud to nit pick"... if your a fan you'd just sit back and enjoy the episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
                        Sick to death seriously sick to death of people just complaining about 1 after another i too have been with it since day one and it just anoys me how people can constantly just nit pick at every single little detail "oh but were fans were aloud to nit pick"... if your a fan you'd just sit back and enjoy the episode.
                        dude there's nothing wrong with asking questions! if people annoy you with their 'constant nitpicking don't read those threads and posts. and please don't try to continue your thread that was rightfully closed in here
                        Last edited by Jumper_One; 15 December 2007, 07:16 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mroscoe View Post
                          How does replica-Weir know that the replicators are destroying the human worlds? Our guys only got the information recently. Replica-Weir's information should be limited to end of season 3.

Besides, why don't they provide the scientists () some real super computers? They need better computers apparently they are trying the solve their problems using 3 puny notebook computers at once.
                          The duplicate team was carried to Asuria by the Replicator's Aurora before they left for Athos. Since they have nanites in their blood too, the duplicate team could probably interfact with the Asurian network the same as the original Weir. If all they did was observe, they might not be spotted.

Comment

question why is the episode called "this mortal coil"?
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                              I believe seeking ascension takes a greater president than fighting the Wraith. The Asurans were going to fight the Wraith eventually before we got involved anyway.
                              yeah didnt these replicators manage to isolate themselves from the collective, so they're like that nium replicator that infected weir with nanites wen he was taken over.

so the command may not have been activated.

i agree that stupid nitpicking like how can a notebook dell computer interface alien tech blah blah blah. use ur imagination they're not gunna b regualr computers like someone said, crystal base i mean c'mon if in the show they can build a spaceship with intergalaxy hyperspace drives im pretty sure they'll b usin the most advanced computers they can make to help save the world and galaxy

the only real plot hole is why does everyone speak english!

the reason why this show is good is considering its scope, age, complexity its has minimal plot holes all is quantified, linked and explained to a good degree. they do however phase things out like in the beginning when the came out of the stargate they were cold!

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                                question why is the episode called "this mortal coil"?
                                From William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" Act 3 Scene 1

(Placed in spoiler tags for space)

Spoiler:
                                To be or not to be, that is the question;
                                Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
                                The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
                                Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
                                And by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep;
                                No more; and by a sleep to say we end
                                The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
                                That flesh is heir to — 'tis a consummation
                                Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
                                To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub,
                                For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
                                When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
                                Must give us pause. There's the respect
                                That makes calamity of so long life,
                                For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
                                Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
                                The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
                                The insolence of office, and the spurns
                                That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
                                When he himself might his quietus make
                                With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
                                To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
                                But that the dread of something after death,
                                The undiscovered country from whose bourn
                                No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
                                And makes us rather bear those ills we have
                                Than fly to others that we know not of?
                                Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
                                And thus the native hue of resolution
                                Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
                                And enterprises of great pitch and moment
                                With this regard their currents turn awry,
                                And lose the name of action.-- Soft you now!
                                The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
                                Be all my sins remember'd.
                                O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
                                [Cut to shot of the door]
                                [Cut back to O'Neill]
                                O'NEILL: Any time now.
                                [Cut back to door]

Comment

Working...
                                X