This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
    I think the point is shes never shown any desire to lead Atlantis like Daniel.
    please reference the episodes and dialouge where daniel expresses his desire to lead atlantis.

Comment

Daniel desired very much to visit Atlantis but I don't remember anything where he wanted to lead the expedition although it's possible he did just before the Atlantis series started.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        Since when has Carter been the day-saver in Atlantis?

You really need to tone down the hate.
        Sadly the Carter haters won't tone down. SHe has been great this season and has helped save the day but her main job now is aproving the save the day at the IIth hour plans. She wasn't needed here but so far she is far better than Weir.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Name one.
          We come in peace, shoot to kill (I know he refused the job), All-eating grumpy man (most qualified except for We come in peace, shoot to kill and has expressed willingness to accept the job) and a ton of people TPTBs never mentioned. Even Scruffy genius is more qualified for this job that Overgrown sissy-toy

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          ^So her 10 years on SG1 meant nothing? The years in which she had to deal with "battle tactics" and "alien relations" had no effect?
          Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Sadly the Carter haters won't tone down. SHe has been great this season and has helped save the day but her main job now is aproving the save the day at the IIth hour plans. She wasn't needed here but so far she is far better than Weir.
          I'll ask you one little question: Before taking command of Atlantis, when was the last time Overgrown sissy-toy has seen a Wraith with her own two eyes? How could the IOA even consider sending a person of such a "qualification" is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            We come in peace, shoot to kill (I know he refused the job), All-eating grumpy man (most qualified except for We come in peace, shoot to kill and has expressed willingness to accept the job) and a ton of people TPTBs never mentioned. Even Scruffy genius is more qualified for this job that Overgrown sissy-toy
            I have no idea what any of that means.

Comment

I have no idea what any of that means.
              We come in peace, shoot to kill = Sheppard
              All-eating grumpy man = McKay
              Ass-kicking wallpaper = Teyla
              Max Payne = Ronon
              Fearless leader = Elizabeth
              Overgrown sissy-toy = Carter
              Whining baby = Keller
              Scruffy genius = Zelenka

It's how TPTBs write them

Comment

We come in peace, shoot to kill = Sheppard
                All-eating grumpy man = McKay
                Ass-kicking wallpaper = Teyla
                Max Payne = Ronon
                Fearless leader = Elizabeth
                Overgrown sissy-toy = Carter
                Whining baby = Keller
                Scruffy genius = Zelenka

It's how TPTBs write them
                In your eyes . Neither McKay or Sheppard are more qualified than Carter, if anything, she's overqualified, which was my main concern with her coming over. McKay has no experience with leadership, and Carter trumps Sheppard on rank and her science background. The idea of having Zelenka in charge is just laughable. The only realistic Atlantis character for the job would be Caldwell in my opinion, or maybe Ellis, but none of the actual Atlantis team that's for sure.

Comment

In your eyes . Neither McKay or Sheppard are more qualified than Carter, if anything, she's overqualified, which was my main concern with her coming over. McKay has no experience with leadership, and Carter trumps Sheppard on rank and her science background. The idea of having Zelenka in charge is just laughable. The only realistic Atlantis character for the job would be Caldwell in my opinion, or maybe Ellis, but none of the actual Atlantis team that's for sure.
                  Let me repeat myself: How can someone with NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with the Wraith or their technology lead the Atlantis expedition? The only time Overgrown sissy-toy has seen a Wraith before she went to lead Atlantis was in a mission report. And her experience with Ancient technology is limited to what the Ancients have left in the Milky way. She might know something about the Puddle jumpers, but she knows NOTHING about Atlantis, or the Ancient Aurora-class ships. She knows absolutely NOTHING about the Wraith, or their capabilities, methods and technology. I'm not saying she wouldn't be a valuable asset to the science team in Atlantis, but have her in charge of the entire expedition is absolute nonsense

Comment

Let me repeat myself: How can someone with NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with the Wraith or their technology lead the Atlantis expedition?
                    Quite easily, especially when you consider what she's replacing, an anti war diplomat with no military or scientific background. Shep has experience with the Wraith, but what does it actually count for? Not much in the grand scheme of things, he has no advantage over Carter that she can't easily learn, whereas he's not going to be promoted or get a PhD any time soon. Why would anyone want Shep as the leader anyway? Who would replace him to lead his team?

Comment

Quite easily, especially when you consider what she's replacing, an anti war diplomat with no military or scientific background. Shep has experience with the Wraith, but what does it actually count for? Not much in the grand scheme of things, he has no advantage over Carter that she can't easily learn, whereas he's not going to be promoted or get a PhD any time soon. Why would anyone want Shep as the leader anyway? Who would replace him to lead his team?
                      I think all answers to these questions can be found in SG-1 season 7 finale and Season 8 beginning. That was the very same situation

Comment

Let me repeat myself: How can someone with NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with the Wraith or their technology lead the Atlantis expedition?
                        just out of curiosity, who would you have liked as the new leader? and don't say Weir, she's not an option since we lost her in Lifeline. if it wasn't Carter it would've been someone totally new to the PG and maybe the SG program. also even Weir didn't have that much first hand experience with the Wraith (sure some but she wasn't really involved in combat situations)

you know this reminds me of s9 and how Mitchell took command of SG-1. did he have any experience? no. how can someone even begin to get some experience if he/she isn't allowed to do something new. how are you supposed to prove yourself if you're not allowed to take a step into the unknown? and as jenks has said, it's easier for Carter to learn about the Wraith than for Shep to get a PhD
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          just out of curiosity, who would you have liked as the new leader? and don't say Weir, she's not an option since we lost her in Lifeline. if it wasn't Carter it would've been someone totally new to the PG and maybe the SG program. also even Weir didn't have that much first hand experience with the Wraith (sure some but she wasn't really involved in combat situations)

you know this reminds me of s9 and how Mitchell took command of SG-1. did he have any experience? no. how can someone even begin to get some experience if he/she isn't allowed to do something new. how are you supposed to prove yourself if you're not allowed to take a step into the unknown? and as jenks has said, it's easier for Carter to learn about the Wraith than for Shep to get a PhD
                          With We come in peace, shoot to kill refusing the offer (and the IOA asked him), All-eating grumpy man is the most logical choice. He has run the Atlantis science department since Day one, his membership in Sheppard's team gives him first hand experience with both the Wraith and the Asurans and he has an unmatchable amount of knowledge about Ancient, Asuran and Wraith technology.

In case you haven't noticed, I've said Overgrown sissy-toy would be a valuable asset to the science team in Atlantis, but not a good expedition leader (for said reasons)

Comment

With We come in peace, shoot to kill refusing the offer (and the IOA asked him), All-eating grumpy man is the most logical choice. He has run the Atlantis science department since Day one, his membership in Sheppard's team gives him first hand experience with both the Wraith and the Asurans and he has an unmatchable amount of knowledge about Ancient, Asuran and Wraith technology.
                            you're talking about Rodney right?
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

In case you haven't noticed, I've said Overgrown sissy-toy would be a valuable asset to the science team in Atlantis, but not a good expedition leader (for said reasons)
                              Those nick names are really juvenile and becoming tiring, I'm seriously starting to get embarrassed for you...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                you're talking about Rodney right?
                                Yep

Those nick names are really juvenile and becoming tiring, I'm seriously starting to get embarrassed for you...
                                They make it easier for everyone to remember them. Look at one episode that contains them all and you'll know who is who

Comment

Working...
                                X