Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she was on a picnic with jack at the time, and had their radios switched off
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
      she was on a picnic with jack at the time, and had their radios switched off
      I disagree. Jack doesn't picnic.

he does, however, fish. With a pond. That is now full of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
        I disagree. Jack doesn't picnic.

he does, however, fish. With a pond. That is now full of fish.
        exactly carter was having the picnic while jack just went fishing
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
          exactly carter was having the picnic while jack just went fishing
          or they went to his cabin and both of them had a good time with the picnic and fishing
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Er, decided to stop reading most of this thread due to the comments on both side of the fence.

Carter is... who knows where? At base doing her job. At the SGC? Stuck at the airport? When we haven't had her there, it's had an empty feeling, but I honestly didn't miss her at all last night in any respect as Weir was back. But that's another story.

The thing is this isn't the first time fans go "huh?" in respect to missing characters. A throwaway line could easily explain a character's absence, like Teyla last week, but well, the writers don't seem to think of them.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Er, decided to stop reading most of this thread due to the comments on both side of the fence.

Carter is... who knows where? At base doing her job. At the SGC? Stuck at the airport? When we haven't had her there, it's had an empty feeling, but I honestly didn't miss her at all last night in any respect as Weir was back. But that's another story.

The thing is this isn't the first time fans go "huh?" in respect to missing characters. A throwaway line could easily explain a character's absence, like Teyla last week, but well, the writers don't seem to think of them.
              It's interesting, because they did always used to have that throw away line in SG-1. Like Daniel would mention that Sam is at Area 51 fiddling with some alien gadget or whatever.

You're right, she could have been anywhere. I was initially thinking that she could easily have been put in to the episode, if the writers had bothered to, but then I changed my mind as Sam probably didn't fit in to this story.

However, it's important to consider that if characters don't naturally appear in the plots that are being written, then are they serving the purpose that was intended?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                Go cry us a plague, Maya.
                haha

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                  LOL, NAH! as fans we can hate whatever character we damn well please to, I'm glad tptb were thoughtful and kept Carter-Sue out of TMC, at least I can watch the episode without wanting to vomit.
                  LOL WEIR'S DEAD

Comment

Carter was...not needed in this episode. 'Nuff said.

At least they didn't cram her into the episode like they did with Weir sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
                      I hate to see her in a Hammond/Weir type role of doing nothing but "ok I give you the go" type spots.

I want the old Scientist Carter.
                      I'm afraid that's the role she's got and rightly so IMO. She was brought in as leader. Atlantis already has a genius scientist and one who has far more experience with Ancient tech and Atlantis than she does.

I was worried that McKay would lose some of his role when she joined and I'm glad that hasn't been the case.
                      sigpic
                      by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

At least they didn't cram her into the episode like they did with Weir sometimes.
                        carter was not in the episode because tapping isn't in six of the 20 episodes, not because she wasn't needed per se. As the boss of the base, she'd have a say on the team going off on a meeting with a replicator The actress simply wasn't available. she was making movies

Comment

she's even more invisible than Teyla.. Teyla 2.0
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            carter was not in the episode because tapping isn't in six of the 20 episodes, not because she wasn't needed per se. As the boss of the base, she'd have a say on the team going off on a meeting with a replicator The actress simply wasn't available. she was making movies
                            She wouldn't just "have a say", she would make the call.

Mike P.

Comment

One of the many problems with Weir was that she was written into episodes she didn't need to be in just for the sake of it, I'm glad they have made an effort not to make the same mistake with Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                                And one reason I don't post or visit fansite forums very often. You come into a forum for discussion and debate and instead get petty squabbles, immature remarks and the occasional flame or troll though GateWorld is thankfully rarely struck by that.

Shouldn't the haters be off in a hating thread or at least provide some kind of substance to their arguments? If I don't like someone/plot/story/etc I at least try to give an explanation not just "so and so sucks and I wish they were dead" or just rant about the same thing endlessly.
                                Let's discuss this: Why is Carter the new head of Atlantis? There are at least a dozen people already in Atlantis that are more qualified for the job.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                IMHO she's not needed in any episode for that matter.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                she's even more invisible than Teyla.. Teyla 2.0
                                Calling Overgrown sissy-toy Ass-kicking wallpaper 2.0 is an affront to Ass-kicking wallpaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X