No announcement yet.

Spoilers for Weir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with tHose who think Weir may be a prisoner of the replicators.

It doesn't make sense to capture the leader of your greatest enemy and then kill them. It makes more sense to keep her as a prisoner and use her to your advantage.

By keeping Elizabeth alive they have a huge tactical advantage over Atlantis, I think this is much more plausible than them just killing her!

That's what I hope anyway - I REALLY WANT THE REAL ELIZABETH BACK!
    sigpic

Thanks to Marcy for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meem View Post
      I have to agree with tHose who think Weir may be a prisoner of the replicators.

It doesn't make sense to capture the leader of your greatest enemy and then kill them. It makes more sense to keep her as a prisoner and use her to your advantage.
      how so? they can easily probe her and learn everything there is about Earth, Atlantis, the SGC, Atlantis' personnel etc. there's be no need to keep her alive

By keeping Elizabeth alive they have a huge tactical advantage over Atlantis, I think this is much more plausible than them just killing her!
      the Asurans would have the same advantage by probing her mind, it makes no difference if Weir's alive or not

That's what I hope anyway - I REALLY WANT THE REAL ELIZABETH BACK!
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        how so? they can easily probe her and learn everything there is about Earth, Atlantis, the SGC, Atlantis' personnel etc. there's be no need to keep her alive

the Asurans would have the same advantage by probing her mind, it makes no difference if Weir's alive or not
        Yes it does, you can't use someone as a negotiating tool if they're dead can you???

They may have learnt about Atlantis by probing her mind, but if a battle ensues, they have a perfect bargaining tool!!
        sigpic

Comment

Yes it does, you can't use someone as a negotiating tool if they're dead can you???

They may have learnt about Atlantis by probing her mind, but if a battle ensues, they have a perfect bargaining tool!!
          why would they wanna negotiate with Atlantis?
          sigpic

Comment

why would they wanna negotiate with Atlantis?
            There are many scenarios where this may be an option, (i can't think of any right now ) but sometimes in battle it becomes necessary to negotiate with the enemy if they have something you want!
            sigpic

Comment

There are many scenarios where this may be an option, (i can't think of any right now ) but sometimes in battle it becomes necessary to negotiate with the enemy if they have something you want!
              true however the Asurans don't want anything from us. right now their only interest are the Wraith and like RepliKeller said 'the others have given up on ascension'. this may have been the only reason for negotiating with Atlantis imo but since the've given up it doesn't really matter anymore thus they don't need RepliWeir
              sigpic

Comment

true however the Asurans don't want anything from us. right now their only interest are the Wraith and like RepliKeller said 'the others have given up on ascension'. this may have been the only reason for negotiating with Atlantis imo but since the've given up it doesn't really matter anymore thus they don't need RepliWeir
                Actually the Asurans do want something... all humans dead, they envy/dispise our ability to evolve to ascension and without food the war with the wraith will be swift...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                  Actually the Asurans do want something... all humans dead, they envy/dispise our ability to evolve to ascension and without food the war with the wraith will be swift...
                  yeah alright, I thought that was a given and didn't need to be mentioned
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the real Weir is alive. I think she's being held by the Replicators. Why? Because that's the way I want it, dammit!

And, as far as the discussion regarding how the real Elizabeth isn't even the real Elizabeth anymore because she had to be saved by nanites, the only thing I can offer is this....

What made Elizabeth, Elizabeth? Was it her kidneys, her liver, her lungs? Or, was it her spirit, her soul, her compassion, her intelligence, her sense of wonder of Atlantis and the Ancients, her drive, her determination, her support of her team, etc.

There are so many options for the real Weir to return. I shared a couple of them in the ProWeir in Season 4&5 thread earlier today. She could ascend and return in Season 5, nanite free but with all her memories in tact. Or, Rodney could come up with a technological break-through to ensure the nanites she has in her system wouldn't pose a threat to the security of the expedition, etc.

Some won't like the ascension option because it's a rehash of SG-1. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Seems like a lot of SG-1 has shown up on SGA. What's one more thing?

The potential is there.
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                      I think the real Weir is alive. I think she's being held by the Replicators. Why? Because that's the way I want it, dammit!
                      ah alright, I think that's a far better reason than trying to reationalize something else. at least you're being honest

And, as far as the discussion regarding how the real Elizabeth isn't even the real Elizabeth anymore because she had to be saved by nanites, the only thing I can offer is this....

What made Elizabeth, Elizabeth? Was it her kidneys, her liver, her lungs? Or, was it her spirit, her soul, her compassion, her intelligence, her sense of wonder of Atlantis and the Ancients, her drive, her determination, her support of her team, etc.
                      correct, those are all parts of Weir but you're forgetting her body, especially if it can compromise the entire expedition and Earth. also even DupliWeir told Shep that they're practically the same yet still different.

There are so many options for the real Weir to return. I shared a couple of them in the ProWeir in Season 4&5 thread earlier today. She could ascend and return in Season 5, nanite free but with all her memories in tact. Or, Rodney could come up with a technological break-through to ensure the nanites she has in her system wouldn't pose a threat to the security of the expedition, etc.
                      hm those are all viable options. you think TBTB will use them? no way

Some won't like the ascension option because it's a rehash of SG-1. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Seems like a lot of SG-1 has shown up on SGA. What's one more thing?

The potential is there.
                      not to get OT but I do find it interesting that people are complaining about similarities between SGA and SG-1 (lots of Weir fans from what I've seen) yet you don't mind bringing your favorite character back with a plot device used several times in the past. like I said, just an observation
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't really care if something is a rehash/ re-invented. Heck they are both Stargate right? If Weir ascended, that would be great! They could make a good story arc with that since ascension was brought up many times on Atlantis. There could be a story arc with the replicators trying to ascend and Weir is the key. I've always wanted to see more background with the ancients and ascension. Also it was brought up differently than SG-1! We got different angles and stories about ascension. Like the eps "Sanctuary", "Epiphany", and "Tao of Rodney".
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          I don't really care if something is a rehash/ re-invented. Heck they are both Stargate right? If Weir ascended, that would be great! They could make a good story arc with that since ascension was brought up many times on Atlantis. There could be a story arc with the replicators trying to ascend and Weir is the key. I've always wanted to see more background with the ancients and ascension. Also it was brought up differently than SG-1! We got different angles and stories about ascension. Like the eps "Sanctuary", "Epiphany", and "Tao of Rodney".
                          ok but in the end it'd still be the same. people are complaining about using SG-1 stories, so why should TBTB use this plot device? especially ascension with all the Daniel history, TBTB most likely are trying to avoid it. I want to see more of the Ancients too but this isn't the way to go imo
                          sigpic

Comment

Or, Rodney could come up with a technological break-through to ensure the nanites she has in her system wouldn't pose a threat to the security of the expedition, etc.
                            hm those are all viable options. you think TBTB will use them? no way
                            I don't know...the last one would make an interesting plotline, considering Rodney's sister now has 'inactive' nanites in her system. Though they were fundamentally different, because they didn't 'replicate' the organs in Jeannie's system, there are all kinds of ways in which they could be written to go evil, if the writers wanted it. In the same way, there is always the possibility that Weir's nanites can become an asset.

not to get OT but I do find it interesting that people are complaining about similarities between SGA and SG-1 (lots of Weir fans from what I've seen) yet you don't mind bringing your favorite character back with a plot device used several times in the past. like I said, just an observation
                            The problem with Sci-Fi is that, while having a broad spectrum for story potential, it ends up having similar plot devices because of the nature of the shows. If there are robots, or nanites, or AUs, or wormholes, or resurrection machines, or evil genetically-experimenting governments, or alien-vampire thingies, the general premise of what they do is going to be used over again. Having gone on for 10 years, SG-1 is going to have a host of them, and being similar production teams, there's no surprise some plot devices are being rehashed in Atlantis. Anyway Weir comes back, it's going to have been seen somewhere.

Not all Weir fans think SGA constantly redoes SG-1. I don't...I think it's fundamentally different, that's why I liked Weir, because she wasn't Hammond or Landry. So long as they keep the center of the story on Atlantis, and not on off-world expeditions, then I'll continue to think that.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I'll be honest and say I'm not thrilled with SG-1 characters being brought over to SGA. I was fine with the SGA team the way it was in Season 3 and thought that group offered lots of potential for storylines and ongoing growth. IMO, that team had great chemistry and with Weir and Carson both gone now, the team has lost that magic and I can't invest in or identify with the S4 team like I did the S3 team. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the characters of John, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon. It's just not the same winning ensemble I want to go out of my way to watch every week. Some fans think the off-world team should be the center of the show. That was never how I saw SGA. I saw the expedition as the focus of the show, not the offworld team. Meaning Atlantis-based episodes should have been a strong part of the mix along with offworld exploration. Right or wrong, that's the way it was for me.

So, as far as SG-1 characters coming to Atlantis for regular cast spots, nope not my cup of tea.

As far as the rehashing of SG-1 storylines, that doesn't ruffle my feathers as much. I only watched Sg-1 occasionally, so I honestly don't notice when a plot line, etc. from SG-1 shows up on SGA.

Make sense or am I rambling again?
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                I don't know...the last one would make an interesting plotline, considering Rodney's sister now has 'inactive' nanites in her system. Though they were fundamentally different, because they didn't 'replicate' the organs in Jeannie's system, there are all kinds of ways in which they could be written to go evil, if the writers wanted it. In the same way, there is always the possibility that Weir's nanites can become an asset.
                                I agree there are a lot of possibilities, I just don't see one them happening. but that's just my opinion

IThe problem with Sci-Fi is that, while having a broad spectrum for story potential, it ends up having similar plot devices because of the nature of the shows. If there are robots, or nanites, or AUs, or wormholes, or resurrection machines, or evil genetically-experimenting governments, or alien-vampire thingies, the general premise of what they do is going to be used over again. Having gone on for 10 years, SG-1 is going to have a host of them, and being similar production teams, there's no surprise some plot devices are being rehashed in Atlantis. Anyway Weir comes back, it's going to have been seen somewhere.
                                you're absolutely right, there are bound to be some similarities. but I was trying to say, there are some people who complain about those resemblances (especially between SG-1 and SGA) yet when a plot device used several times on SG-1 could be responsible for bringing their favorite character back they're fine with it. don't you think this is odd?

Not all Weir fans think SGA constantly redoes SG-1. I don't...I think it's fundamentally different, that's why I liked Weir, because she wasn't Hammond or Landry. So long as they keep the center of the story on Atlantis, and not on off-world expeditions, then I'll continue to think that.
                                oh don't get me wrong, I in no way wanted to imply that every Weir fan thinks of Atlantis as a SG-1 rehash, that's certainly not true. however if you read the thread about the similarities I believe you'll fin da lot of complaining comes from pro-Weir people. again this is just an observation, no accusations or anything

I'll be honest and say I'm not thrilled with SG-1 characters being brought over to SGA. I was fine with the SGA team the way it was in Season 3 and thought that group offered lots of potential for storylines and ongoing growth. IMO, that team had great chemistry and with Weir and Carson both gone now, the team has lost that magic and I can't invest in or identify with the S4 team like I did the S3 team. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the characters of John, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon. It's just not the same winning ensemble I want to go out of my way to watch every week. Some fans think the off-world team should be the center of the show. That was never how I saw SGA. I saw the expedition as the focus of the show, not the offworld team. Meaning Atlantis-based episodes should have been a strong part of the mix along with offworld exploration. Right or wrong, that's the way it was for me.

So, as far as SG-1 characters coming to Atlantis for regular cast spots, nope not my cup of tea.

As far as the rehashing of SG-1 storylines, that doesn't ruffle my feathers as much. I only watched Sg-1 occasionally, so I honestly don't notice when a plot line, etc. from SG-1 shows up on SGA.

Make sense or am I rambling again?
                                no you're not rambling, I'm glad you replied

first let me say I understand your frustration, it sucks if your favorite character and others get killed off or leave the show. I felt the same way about s9 and 10 of SG-1 but I've learned to accept it

now, so far only Carter as a former SG-1 character has been brought over to Atlantis. Teal'c and Daniel may visit but that will most likely be it. if you think the ensemble in s1-3 was great and you don't like the s4 team, that's alright. I happen to disagree but I certainly understand from where you're coming from. however a show has to improve and apparently TBTB felt this was the right way. there's no way of knowing how s4 would've turned out if nobody had been killed off. it might've been pretty crappy...or not, who knows

since you haven't watched SG-1 the discussion about certain similarities doesn't have to concern you. good for you
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X