Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate to admit it, since I like Carter better than Weir, but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    ratings for season 4 are pretty much the same as backhalf of season3. so people didn't stop watching because weir is gone.
    All that means is they broke even. Carter fans in, Weir fans out.

If they'd used both of them, the situation would look much better in the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
      All that means is they broke even. Carter fans in, Weir fans out.

If they'd used both of them, the situation would look much better in the ratings.
      Exactly. It could've been a win win situation.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        ratings for season 4 are pretty much the same as backhalf of season3. so people didn't stop watching because weir is gone.
        NOBODY can say who stopped watching for a particular reason, not unless you interview all the people who used to watch who now don't. People lose interest over the summer, lose interest if they lose a character (say, like beckett), premiering in the summer instead of winter, etc.

And, the ratings stuff has a thread in the NEWS section. that's where people can argue, er, discuss ad naseum why they *think* the ratings went one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I was refering to the risk they've taken by bringing over Sam and shaking up the show's core cast. Instead of using the same cast and writing themselves into a rut, they decided to do otherwise.
          well, the 'writing into a rut' has nothing to do with the characters but the writers reusing scripts from SG1 and copying movie scripts. THAT's writing into a rut. They could bring in brad Pitt but if they reuse an SG1 script, they're in a rut.

I don't want SGA to become BSG with that style of writing, but the stargate universe has mainly stayed in a predictible, episodic style (or rut) Unfortunately they've also gone with the network style of killing characters to increase ratings or change things, instead of getting in new writiers with new ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
            It's a different rut?
            Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
            True, very true.
            BTW, I personally don't think they're in a rut.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Unfortunately they've also gone with the network style of killing characters to increase ratings or change things, instead of getting in new writiers with new ideas.
              Yeah, right. Who needs ideas or decent writers when you've got a couple of actors you can sack, and a couple more you can bring in for stunt casting.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                Yeah, right. Who needs ideas or decent writers when you've got a couple of actors you can sack, and a couple more you can bring in for stunt casting.
                Its not realastic for everyone to live in a galaxy with space vampires and homocidal machines.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Its not realastic for everyone to live in a galaxy with space vampires and homocidal machines.
                  The iratis bug & replicators are more realistic than the Asgard.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

If it's unrealistic for the Atlantis characters to survive in their four years, then it's totally unrealistic that Carter is still alive. For the sake of realism, maybe she should be the next to go.

Comment

Is it realistic to have a Battlestar and jump 240 times in a row cos you get pwned by Robots?

Comment

No one says she has to come back.
                        She can walk out the gate and just keep going.
                        Ha ha. Green!
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Well, if you mean survive, yes, that makes sense, but it's also annoying when the produces/network/whoever decides that killing off a main character will improve the show, instead of doing something more proactive, like better writing

Comment

Of course, "better" writing is oh-so subjective, is it not?

Seriously, I see "better writing" all the time, but really, people just mean "write stuff that I like", which, you know, is completely selfish.

1 post until 10000!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Of course, "better" writing is oh-so subjective, is it not?

Seriously, I see "better writing" all the time, but really, people just mean "write stuff that I like", which, you know, is completely selfish.

1 post until 10000!!
                              All of TV show criticism is subjective so that is nothing new. I guess you should be lucky you like the way this season is being written. I've had a few issues with it, but it is better than seasons 2 or 3 for me. Time will tell if it will surpass season 1 for overall best written season so far for me.
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

If it's unrealistic for the Atlantis characters to survive in their four years, then it's totally unrealistic that Carter is still alive. For the sake of realism, maybe she should be the next to go.
                                There were people who fought in WWII from Normandy to the end of the war who were never wounded. It's not unrealistic that a single person wouldn't be killed over a period of time like that.
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X