Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I refuse to believe that she is dead.
    I second that especialy because
    Spoiler:
    TH is contracted for another episode
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Never say Never in the Stargate Universe. We did not see the real Weir die or dead. A word of a replicator? PUH-LEEZE!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I second that especialy because
        Spoiler:
        TH is contracted for another episode
        ..and there's that little thingy called a contract to consider why TH will be back..

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          This is Science Fiction. No one's ever really dead for sure.
          Especially when they allegedly die off screen and you're told by an enemy.
          sigpic
          by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
            Especially when they allegedly die off screen and you're told by an enemy.
            Maybe what we did not see was the replicator gun not work on John? Maybe the nantie part absorded the blast like the MW replicators. Or if he was shot with an anti Replicator version of the gun, Maybe Johns Human side stopped the effects.

Anways if that episode was the Atlantis version of "Tin Man" I am sure we will get the "Doouble Jeopardy" version down the line.
            sigpic
            Banner Made By Me for Me
            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

This exerpt from Joe Mallozzi's blog should answer/raise a few questions...

Many interesting little revelations in this sequence of scenes, not the least of which concerns the ultimate fate of Elizabeth Weir. We learn from Repli-Keller that Weir is dead, killed by Oberoth because she exerted an unhealthy influence on the collective. Sad news that, from a series perspective, allows Sheppard and co. some closure on the issue and finally puts to rest any hopes of a rescue mission. On the other hand, can Repli-Keller be trusted? Is what she revealing the sad facts as she knows them, or is this an attempt by her to forestall any potential rescue attempt that would rob them of the precious template that has allowed them to create humanity? Is Elizabeth Weir really dead? Well, it depends on which producer you ask.
              http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-8-2007.html
              Last edited by PG15; 09 December 2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks PG15 for that. It's what I've been saying Repli-Keller could be saying that or she herself was mis-informed by Oberoth. Also, weren't they also seperated from the core so they could not be reset? They may have lost the ability to learn new info, like the real Weir being alive.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  shes dead jim
                  Maybey she is maybe she isn't we have no idea.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I commented about Joe M's statement on LJ, but it's worth restating it here:

On the other hand, can Repli-Keller be trusted? Is what she revealing the sad facts as she knows them, or is this an attempt by her to forestall any potential rescue attempt that would rob them of the precious template that has allowed them to create humanity?
                    Except why would repli!Keller assume that repli!Weir would encounter the real team to deliver word of real!Elizabeth's fate? Repli!Weir was part of a contained experiment on a fake Atlantis. The replicators were going to study her and the fake team until Oberoth blew up the city, and then repeat the experiment somewhere else. They were never going to get anywhere near the real team - the replicators didn't even know where the real team was.

Nah, not buying Joe's explanation. I'm not saying that repli!Keller's statement was the truth, but I'm not buying his reason for why she would lie.

Is Elizabeth Weir really dead? Well, it depends on which producer you ask.
                    That...doesn't seem like a very unified PTB does it? And over something as significant as the fate of a main character too...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I commented about Joe M's statement on LJ, but it's worth restating it here:

Except why would repli!Keller assume that repli!Weir would encounter the real team to deliver word of real!Elizabeth's fate? Repli!Weir was part of a contained experiment on a fake Atlantis. The replicators were going to study her and the fake team until Oberoth blew up the city, and then repeat the experiment somewhere else. They were never going to get anywhere near the real team - the replicators didn't even know where the real team was.

Nah, not buying Joe's explanation. I'm not saying that repli!Keller's statement was the truth, but I'm not buying his reason for why she would lie.

That...doesn't seem like a very unified PTB does it? And over something as significant as the fate of a main character too...

Actually, I see it as an opening for her character. Can she be dead, maybe or maybe not. When she pops up again which I know she will, the viewer will know that Repli-Keller was lying or had the wrong info. I believe Oberoth knew what they were up to and forwarded false info to the rebel Replicators about the real Weir.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X