Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was very good. I'm only unhappy about the predictable killing-off of the other team. Obviously they couldn't keep them around in Atlantis on a long-term basis due to the involved way that scenes with multiples of an actor have to be shot, but they could have remained alive somewhere for possible future appearances. At least we have fanfic.

I'm glad that Weir has one more episode in this season, that points to the original being still alive or another twin having been made. Unless her appearance will be in a flashback, which I hope is not the case.

These duplicates were different from all the previous types. Being fully human, they were basically clones/identical twins of the team (albeit instagrown and with implanted memories). I find that interesting.

I was surprised that this wasn't a traditional two-parter with a cliffhanger.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
      I still see it as a cliffhanger. Its like Camelot/Flesh and Blood. They didn't have the to bad continued but they felt like cliffhangers
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
        Because the RepliWeller gave it to them. Obviously RepliWeller had the intention not to get caught. I think the only reason they did was because of the power limitations of having a city ship jump to hyperspace.
        Well, that's what RepliWeir SAID.... the thing is, they did put a lot of trust in her when honestly, a little healthy paranoia would have been a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          It was SO bad. It was depressing to me but there was not enough time to see actual emotions from everyone. I would have like to see how repli!John and repli!Ronon reacted to Elizabeth. It felt too rushed or something I don't know. Something was lacking, it was just so contrived.
          There was too much time in the first 20 minutes wasted with all the paranoia between characters. More time should have been spent with the RepliTeam wrestling with their feelings. "Tin Man" did this whole scenario 100% better. You, and the "real" team truly felt for the fakes in that show. This episode felt like an unfinished draft.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post

i think there knew going into it that scifi was not going to make the fans wait 20 years for the second half this year

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              There was too much time in the first 20 minutes wasted with all the paranoia between characters. More time should have been spent with the RepliTeam wrestling with their feelings. "Tin Man" did this whole scenario 100% better. You, and the "real" team truly felt for the fakes in that show. This episode felt like an unfinished draft.
              ITA. When Elizabeth finally showed up I wall all how is this episode going to finish so fast and then there were like 5 minutes left and there was still so much in my mind that needed to be said and done. Then of course oh yeah let's have Elizabeth sacrifice herself again.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                I'm glad Davos's vision about Atlantis being destroyed was really the Asuran copy of Atlantis.
                That bothers me. Davos was showing people a vision from their own lives and he showed the Atlantis destruction to Carter. Carter wasn't even in this episode and had nothing to do with the destruction, nor was she there, so why didn't Davos show this to Sheppard? It had absolutely nothing to do with Carter, or actually, it had nothing to do with ANY of our real team! Davos saw a vision of what was going to happen to a bunch of Replicators. WTH???

Maybe we should just file this in the ever-expanding pile of SGA plot holes?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Oooooooooohhhh.....I can't wait until the fan fiction writers start in on this one.

I would have loved to have seen some more emotion from the real team as they learn that Weir is dead, has been dead for several months. (But then, who's to say she really is dead?) I was hoping really hard as the ep unfolded that the five of them would at least get a chance to say goodbye to each other and get some closure. I know I would have loved some closure myself, as a fan and loyal audience member...

Oh well...great episode, otherwise. Even with the glaring holes in the plot....I'd give it a solid 8/10 cuz twice the Shepherd goes a long, long way with me...

ladyjanus

Comment

That bothers me.?* Davos was showing people a vision from their own lives and he showed the Atlantis destruction to Carter.?*?* Carter wasn't even in this episode and had nothing to do with the destruction, nor was she there, so why didn't Davos show this to Sheppard??*?* It had absolutely nothing to do with Carter, or actually, it?* had nothing to do with ANY of our real team!?* Davos saw a vision of what was going to happen to a bunch of Replicators.?* WTH????*?*
                    It was never shown to Davos that the Atlantis team were Asurans. He probably thought it was Atlantis being destroyed and not a fake Atlantis which is why he told the leader of Atlantis what he saw
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                      Oooooooooohhhh.....I can't wait until the fan fiction writers start in on this one.
                      It's going to be near next to impossible to keep writing my fan fiction and have it as accurate to the show as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        It's going to be near next to impossible to keep writing my fan fiction and have it as accurate to the show as possible.
                        I wonder if someone is going to start a virtual season 5 to bring Weir back for good. All I can say is I hope TPTB are just screwing with our heads over this Weir thing. But I hope they realize how terribly evil they are being.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post

I would have loved to have seen some more emotion from the real team as they learn that Weir is dead, has been dead for several months. (But then, who's to say she really is dead?) I was hoping really hard as the ep unfolded that the five of them would at least get a chance to say goodbye to each other and get some closure. I know I would have loved some closure myself, as a fan and loyal audience member...
                          Yeah, it's tough to know if Weir is REALLY dead, but as far as Shep, Rodney, etc, are concerned, Weir is dead, and I would have loved to have seen reaction from them and the rest. We did get that neat little scene at the end with Radek and Rodney, but sigh, no, you're going to have to wait for fanfic for more resolution.

Oh, and I must admit I loved the stick fighting scene between Ronon and Shep. Whoa, that was good!

That bothers me. Davos was showing people a vision from their own lives and he showed the Atlantis destruction to Carter. Carter wasn't even in this episode and had nothing to do with the destruction, nor was she there, so why didn't Davos show this to Sheppard? It had absolutely nothing to do with Carter, or actually, it had nothing to do with ANY of our real team! Davos saw a vision of what was going to happen to a bunch of Replicators. WTH???

Maybe we should just file this in the ever-expanding pile of SGA plot holes?
                          In which volume? I think TPTB are just going to call it a "plot twist'. *cough*

And because SG1 did "Tin Man," many fans who have seen both shows will see the obvious comparisons, but for SGA fans only who didn't bother with SG1, it's new territory (although I'm sure it's been done on one of the TREKs). But on the other hand, the plot could have been the replicators were creating this all in the team's mind as well (I avoided the bigger spiolers on this episode and plan to avoid 'em for the second part too)

Comment

Well, I don't think the real Weir is dead. Repli!Keller said they were studying the dups for their humanity and their "soul." The only way they could try to duplicate those qualities is through the real Weir. So either Repli!Keller is lying or she had been lied to. Somewhere the real Elizabeth is being kept alive so she can be studied some more.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

That was "Gemini" with FakeRepliCarter. Gee, this makes the fourth time the writers have done copies of teams, and that isn't even taking in AU episodes. Real creative, eh?

Too bad they didn't take RepliKeller back. At least she didn't whine and cry like the real Keller.
                              LOL! I know! Replace her! hahaha

Comment

Got to admit, I laughed my head off when realSheppard commented "Last time I saw a copy of myself, I got my assed kicked". Classic.
                                Rush rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X