They forgot about Jonas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    They didn't even reference him when we found out his planet was taken over by the Ori, so I excprected this to happen.
    Which episode was it stated that Colona had been taken over by the Oria, I think I completely missed that.

Comment

Corin Nemec was angry at the producers when he was replaced by Micheal Shanks. Don't you think that may been an impact on why Jonas wasn't mentioned. Besides the conditions of their precognition abilities are very different
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

TPTB have stated that Jonas Quinn has basically been forgotten in the Stargate Universe.

Comment

Have you got a source?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
            Which episode was it stated that Colona had been taken over by the Oria, I think I completely missed that.
            I think it was counterstrike, but I'm not sure.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
              First its spelled Kelwona and Ori, Second Major Griff is right, it was Counterstrike
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually it's spelled Kelowna

Comment

Maybe they didn't mention him because some of the viewers might not have seen that SG-1 episode. That could have confused some people.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by kohar View Post
                    Jonas didn't recieve precognative abilities thanks to Nirtii, what he got was a big tumor on his brain that was giving him the abilities, which imo was ripped off from that bad Travolta movie, without surgery Jonas would have visions but was a dead-man. So they removed the tumor and the visions stopped.

The seer on the other hand was a genetic fluke who just happened to have developed a type of lymphatic cancer which has nothing to do with the brain directly so wasn't the cause of the visions. If they had of been able to cure him he would still have the vision.
                    Cancer and visions are the only similarities.
                    Actually in the episode they briefly mention that the tumour and the powers that came with it may have been caused by nirtis device.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Corin Nemec was angry at the producers when he was replaced by Micheal Shanks. Don't you think that may been an impact on why Jonas wasn't mentioned. Besides the conditions of their precognition abilities are very different
                    I don't recall hearing that. If he was mad then he wouldn't have returned in season 7 now would he?
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Actually in the episode they briefly mention that the tumour and the powers that came with it may have been caused by nirtis device.

I don't recall hearing that. If he was mad then he wouldn't have returned in season 7 now would he?
                      Yup and neither do I.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

neither have I, we saw him in 3 more eps during s7. if he was that mad at TBTB he would've never agreed to return (reminds me of Claudia Christian in B5 after s4 - and she didn't return in s5 and was never heard of again)
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          neither have I, we saw him in 3 more eps during s7. if he was that mad at TBTB he would've never agreed to return (reminds me of Claudia Christian in B5 after s4 - and she didn't return in s5 and was never heard of again)
                          I think there was some tension between him and Michael but they dip part on friendly terms and I never heard of him being mad at the writers either. If things were that bad we would have had something like "Charmed Again" Parts 1 and 2 the season 4 premier. Shannon Doherty was a *itch to work with and they fired her and had to rewrite the script and all fans got was a mention that she died and lots of moaning and groaning from one of the characters about her death.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            (well she was in the final episode but i think that was because it was filmed at the end of season 4 so she could be in it still.)

Anyway yeah as i remember corin nemic actually left volutarilly when Michael shanks returned.

Comment

(well she was in the final episode but i think that was because it was filmed at the end of season 4 so she could be in it still.)
                              yup they shot it prior to s5, about the time when everybody thought s4 would be the last B5 season but when the show got renewed they just shot another finale and the original last ep became the s5 finale

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              I think there was some tension between him and Michael but they dip part on friendly terms and I never heard of him being mad at the writers either. If things were that bad we would have had something like "Charmed Again" Parts 1 and 2 the season 4 premier. Shannon Doherty was a *itch to work with and they fired her and had to rewrite the script and all fans got was a mention that she died and lots of moaning and groaning from one of the characters about her death.
                              well I don't know much about Charmed but it's another example of how TBTB would've dealt with the Jonas character in s7 - but they didn't! as for the tension, all I heard was that CN obviously wasn't happy about the decision but apparently he talked to MS about their situation and everything seemed to be ok
                              Last edited by Jumper_One; 19 November 2007, 04:08 PM.
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i'm sure nemic would actually come back if they ever asked but it seems like they've just forgotten about him for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X