WHAT!!!!! - Atlantis's Prophecy??? [Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    You don't have to be in here to see the title though.
    Actually you can only see part of the title outside of this section and not enough to spoiler anything, it's only in 'The Seer' section that you can see the full title.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's destroyed, it's not like they ever use the place.They could set up camp at any Stargate and it'd be the same show.

Comment

Maybe Carter gets captured by the replicators and they do the whole hand in the head thing so she is really just having a vision of what she sees when she is interrogated.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          Maybe Carter gets captured by the replicators and they do the whole hand in the head thing so she is really just having a vision of what she sees when she is interrogated.
          and there's also the possibility that it's a simulation as in the gamekeeper's technology.

Or it could be a recurring time loop which ends in the city being destroyed.

Or the city does get destroyed, they resort to a time dilation field as in SG-1 series finale, save the people, defeat the replicators, designate their code to rebuilding....

a lot of possibilities here, some more far fetched than others but I'm going to assume that everything is reset somehow...it's their way.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            So do we know for sure if this is going to happen or not? And regarding the people running when the city was being attacked, I couldn't tell for sure what they were wearing and I watched carefully so that doesn't necessarily mean that it's Atlantis.

Plus, there's no way this could happen without something else undoing it because that would ruin the whole point of the show to destroy Atlantis.

Vala,
            Not for certain. It could happen or it could not the fact that the seer has never been wrong suggests it will happen the thing is the outcome could change. If it happend like the vision shows you are correct however we could still get attacked but the result be very different.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              It doesn't matter if it's destroyed, it's not like they ever use the place.They could set up camp at any Stargate and it'd be the same show.
              However, they couldn't really call it Stargate Atlantis anymore. They'd have to change the title to Stargate Pegasus, or something like that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The vision I would say is incomplete.

We only knows this:

It happens in the daytime.
                It happens within the lifetime of the expedition.
                The city shield isn't activated.
                Drones are being fired on a city which looks like Atlantis.
                The city looks like it has gone under fire, but not total destruction (a la nuclear warhead ex.)....
                The upper central tower falls off at the end of the vision.

Let us put it into perspective:

We don't know whomever is firing will continue the barrage to completely obliterate the city..

We don't know what happens afterward is the the major issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  for that matter how do we know it was actually Atlantis. It could have been a sister city--the replicators ship is an exact copy of Atlantis.

The seer didn't know for sure it was Atlantis--just a city that looked like Atlantis.
                  Exactly my take on the matter. A sister city. Possibly a replicater city. It may have been the Tau'ri in command of the ship. Or the Travellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    for that matter how do we know it was actually Atlantis. It could have been a sister city--the replicators ship is an exact copy of Atlantis.

The seer didn't know for sure it was Atlantis--just a city that looked like Atlantis.
                    Very true. perhaps it was a vision of when rodney and co go back to Asura and try to plant the virus back into the replicator mainframe, but they moved it to one of their city ships, and the asurans feel to stop us they have to destroy the city..

and there's also the possibility that it's a simulation as in the gamekeeper's technology.
                    Now that or the hand in the head trick would be good..

We don't know whomever is firing will continue the barrage to completely obliterate the city..
                    Especially since iirc the aurora ship that was firing seemed to be pulling up once the central tower started to crumble..

Comment

I strongly doubt that that city was Atlantis in the vision. It'll turn out to be a sister city, (probably Asuran). And it was the Expedition in the Aurora (the Traveler's to be precise), attacking the Asurans. Possibly when we see RepliWier.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Very true. perhaps it was a vision of when rodney and co go back to Asura and try to plant the virus back into the replicator mainframe, but they moved it to one of their city ships, and the asurans feel to stop us they have to destroy the city..
                        I still maintain that it cannot have been an Asuran city ship that they sent people to infiltrate for a short period of time as otherwise those people would've been wearing field uniforms. They are not going to send people into an enemy city with tan slacks or those Atlantis base uniforms. They should've all been dressed in black with a vest and had weapons no matter if they were scientists or not. The vest and weapons are a must for anyone being sent into a potentially hostile situation and the special uniforms for away missions are just standard issue.

Now if it's an Asuran city ship that they took over and thought was safe enough to set up a base there where people were living and working day in and day out, that's a different matter (it's a bit of stretch though). But the people running around inside clearly weren't on a mission based on how they looked.
                        Last edited by Xaeden; 17 November 2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                          I still maintain that it cannot have been an Asuran city ship that they sent people to infiltrate for a short period of time as otherwise those people would've been wearing field uniforms. They are not going to send people into an enemy city with tan slacks or those Atlantis base uniforms. They should've all been dressed in black with a vest and had weapons no matter if they were scientists or not. The vest and weapons are a must for anyone being sent into a potentially hostile situation and the special uniforms for away missions are just standard issue.

Now if it's an Asuran city ship that they took over and thought was safe enough to set up a base there where people were living and working day in and day out, that's a different matter (it's a bit of stretch though). But the people running around inside clearly weren't on a mission based on how they looked.
                          Agreed I'm pretty sure it was Atlantis.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

You can't really see the details of the uniforms very clearly, and it all happens very fast, with lots of smoke and dust. I thought I saw the stairs of the gateroom though.

It could be possible that two Atlantis-like cities are under attack: The inside scenes with supposedly Atlantis personnel could be the real Atlantis but the outside scene of the tower falling etc, could be another city.

Or, only some of the "inside" scenes were of a Atlantis-like city (namely the stairs part), maybe the other scene of destruction was of humans in a ship or something.
                            sine sine cosine sine,
                            three point one four one five nine!
                            Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                            [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                            This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

you guys ever consider that the replicators just destroy half of atlantis and then repair it like they did in season 3?

Comment

There are a number of possibilities for that vision to happen and Atlantis to end unaffected:

1. time travel (we know that there is a episode wrote around this plot type). Maby we deal with a move forward in time where the events in the Sam's vision are aknowledge then backward in time and the Atlantis destruction is avoided.

2. an alternate reality. It will be not the first time when we assist to doom scenarios happening in a parallel universe.

3. a 'hand in the head' routine and a artificial created scenario meant to extract informations, probably from Sam. Again a remake.

4. It could also be a repli-city being destroyed by a ancient warship ('Tria') under our or Travelers control (insert name). Or a repli-city controlled by Travelers destroyed by the Asurans (it doesn't seem our style). If this is the case, there are great chances like the vision to represent a scene from 'Spoils of War'.

5. It can be also possible for the actually Atlantis from SGA timeline to be crippled and repaired as already specified.

One thing is certain Atlantis cannot be destroyed or seriously crippled for how it remains the central element of the show (and that is at least 'the end', 'the finale'). The instersting thing about the 'prophecy' is that it has to have a semnificative importance and impact to the story and specially to Sam, if Davos choosed to show it, so cannot be another glitch or a random occuring just to create some artificial dramatism and suspance and then to dissapoint. It wouldn't make sense this way for the show style.

Comment

Working...
                                X