No announcement yet.

WHAT!!!!! - Atlantis's Prophecy??? [Spoilers]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do wonder about this season sometimes. The story's from the previous episodes seems somewhat disjointed. Haven't enjoyed it as much as the last 3.

I think this is going to be another one of those teasers which tries and lures viewers to continue watching the series but no way fufile Atlantis's destructions. Similar to Prophecy, they may alter the events so everyone lives happily ever after or in Unending, simply reverse time and correct an error. Most likely either ending will be a disappointment when you're shown a clip like that.

I agree that the possibility exists it could be a Replicator City Ship (RCS) or the Travallers Aurora Class Battleship (TACB). The only circumstance which both those two variables can be true, and the Atlantis being damages (but survives to continue the series). Is if it was the RCS, landed next to Atlantis for the attack and they called upon the TACB for assitance.

Alternatively although we saw expidetion members in the city, it would not have been the first time they were prisoners on an RCS.

Anyway I could rant on for ages about timeline probabilities but I don't think there's enough server space in the world for that LoL.

I'm sceptic about it, and the prophecy and the series, but I'm hoping the rest of the series will prove me wrong.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      You could see people of the Atlantis expedition trying to cover from the falling debris, kind of stupid at the end of the episode where Sheppard said 'It could happen in 1000 years' when obviously with their people there it's going to happen in the near future.

I found a few things weird about the vision though, as follows:
      -The Cities shield wasn't raised.
      -A single drone could do that much damage to one tower.
      -The crumbling city looked kind of rocky opposed to metallic.
      - How damn big that Auroras class was compared to the city, it was nearly as long as the city itself.
      maybe its not an aurora maybe the ancients weren't very creative so all their capital ships look the same except for size

Comment

For all we know it could be the Traveler's ship attacking an Asuran city, to me it just didn't look like the planet Atlantis is on. Personally, I reckon it was Atlantis though, and it was the Asurans, but I wouldn't be too worried, I'm sure it will be repaired soon enough... RepliWeir anyone?

Comment

Celebrity Deathmatch

RepliWeir -vs- RepliCarter

That could have been interesting.
          Spoiler:

Comment

It was Atlantis, noticed the Atlantis expedition running a cowering from the falling debris in the vision.
            While we did see them in the control room, we don't actually know if that was related.

For example: We saw the vision of the Hive exploding, they were secs away from launching Drones oin the ship. Perhaps that's what would have happened if they had opened fire on the Wraith ships & they had a chane to transmit the location of the city to the other Wraith. Wraith find out about Atlantis, know they need to take it over to get away from the Asurans. They come, Asurans track them & come in to attack. Find Atlantis, then open fire etc.

The other one is they get inside an Asuran city on another planet. Perhaps using the anti-Replicator weapons to take out all the Asurans inside. However some Asurans were in orbit or nearby with a ship. They then come in & attack before the shields can be raised etc.

If it's Atlantis, then it'll be in the season finale. Where time travel will probably be involved & it'll all be put back again to how it was. It may not actually even happen in S4 at all. Could be for S5 etc.

Although personally I think the writers will try & be clever & fool the fans. It being an Asuran city to get people worried about them actually destroying Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
              I am watching the "Seer". Anyways. I kinda hope to see an episode where this happens where Atlantis gets wiped out.

What bothers me is that how come 1 Aurora class ship wipes out atlantis.

That is wacked!
              When I read they got wiped, I thought, hmm, someone cleaned their windows with Windex?

Anyway, no, don't think Atalntis is gonna get blown up. Just because Sam saw the city blown up doesn' tmean its their Atlantis; could be a duplicate city. Remember, they had a duplicate tower (mabye even city) in "The Tower".

And Rodney misinterpreted his dream, after all, and Sam is ASSUMING it's their Atlantis. She needs to read more scifi

Comment

Anyone else think it could just be an asuran city ship? Think about it... The Travelers have an aurora class. They're convinced for some reason to help defeat the asurans. Atlantis team gets in somehow, shuts down shields. Goes to control room to do so. Traveler ship fires on the city. etc. Atlantis team gets beamed out at the last second as always.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Anyway, no, don't think Atalntis is gonna get blown up. Just because Sam saw the city blown up doesn' tmean its their Atlantis; could be a duplicate city. Remember, they had a duplicate tower (mabye even city) in "The Tower".
                  Total offtopic: I believe now, that The Tower-cityship is Replicators, whitch is destroyed by Ancients, if that was their own, database must have information about it. Interesting thing about The Tower is, that that cityship does not have stargate. Why? Or why is removed?
                  Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                    Total offtopic: I believe now, that The Tower-cityship is Replicators, whitch is destroyed by Ancients, if that was their own, database must have information about it. Interesting thing about The Tower is, that that cityship does not have stargate. Why? Or why is removed?
                    Doubtful since the Replicators were designated to one planet until recently.

I think it'll be a far more interesting story if it is Atlantis blowing up, even if it is reset at the end of the episode it's still better than just blowing up the enemies version.....again.

Comment

Originally posted by frostassasin View Post
                      Anyone else think it could just be an asuran city ship? Think about it... The Travelers have an aurora class. They're convinced for some reason to help defeat the asurans. Atlantis team gets in somehow, shuts down shields. Goes to control room to do so. Traveler ship fires on the city. etc. Atlantis team gets beamed out at the last second as always.
                      Well first of all it's odd that random people would be sent in and not Sheppard's team and that, either way, they would not be beamed out before the assault began. However, the big thing to show that it wasn't an away mission into an enemy city ship is that the expedition personnel were not wearing field uniforms. One woman wasn't even wearing a uniform at all. She had tan pants and a regular shirt on. So, at best one can argue that it wasn't Atlantis, but was a city ship that Earth established as a base. In which case the explaination for why the shields weren't put up could be because they didn't have a spare ZPM to power the city and the ones there were depleted upon finding it or something to that effect. But, personally I don't buy that. I think it was in fact Atlantis and it does happen, but thanks to a time traveling plotline, it is undone.

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                      Atlantis didn't have a Stargate to begin with either. The Tower's Stargate followed exactly what was done on Earth with it being located outside of the city and requiring someone to walk over/fly over land to access it. For some reason the Ancients decided to land Atlantis on water and stay there instead of building a landing site so they had no choice but to put a Stargate within the city as otherwise the only way to get to it would be to fly a jumper to it. Obviously the Asurans were copying Atlantis' model when they built their city ship which is probably why theirs was also on water and had the Stargate within the city, but for all we know that is something that was unique to Atlantis and not something the Ancients made a habit of doing.
                      Last edited by Xaeden; 17 November 2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

whoever started this thread might want to change the title of it to something less spoilery, like "atlantis's fate"
                        Daniel: Their whole world is in flames, and we're offering gasoline.
                        Teal'c: We are, in fact, offering water.
                        Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
                        Jack: Well don't, it's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtwidlywinks View Post
                          whoever started this thread might want to change the title of it to something less spoilery, like "atlantis's fate"
                          This thread is in 'The Seer' section, Spoilers will be inevitable here.

Comment

It may have been the asuran being attacked by the travellers for all we know, as davos said mckay misinterpreted the vision of being captured perhaps carter has misinterpreted her vision also.

Comment

This thread is in 'The Seer' section, Spoilers will be inevitable here.
                              You don't have to be in here to see the title though.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                                It may have been the asuran being attacked by the travellers for all we know, as davos said mckay misinterpreted the vision of being captured perhaps carter has misinterpreted her vision also.
                                Mckay saw every little detail up until the point where the vision cut out before the jumpers decloaked. So it's not a matter of misinterpretation, it's a matter of not having the full context of the vision available. Meanwhile, Carter's vision had Earth personnel running around inside the city as it was being fired upon. So going by idea that the vision will come true like the other visions, it can't be an Asuran populated city being attacked. The only thing is we don't know the context of the vision so we don't know what caused it, if the city was fully destroyed, if it happens but ends up being fixed, etc. You're right that we don't know for sure it's Atlantis -- It could be a stolen Asuran city, it could be a new Ancient city that was found and turned into a base by Earth... -- but it has to be a city that was manned by Earth personnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X