No announcement yet.

'The Seer' - a new High for Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only ones out of those that really compare in awfulness are The Tower and Irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
      Missing WAS BY FAR THE WORST EPISODE IN SGA HISTORY!
      Your joking There hav been episodes worse than Missing ie The Ark and Trinity
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
        Missing WAS BY FAR THE WORST EPISODE IN SGA HISTORY!
        And this post is in no way exaggerated because you're so anti-Keller? Right.

Comment

I really liked Trinity actually. And Missing I thoroughly enjoyed. Now I have read some comments, and while I understand how people may not be interested in Missing(it is a different style and not a team episode etc), all the hyperbole of how horrible that episode was probably stems from Keller's main role in that episode. OH and Doppleganger I loved... but with all things its subjective ain't it?

I also wanted to get more into B5 a bit...I can't help it I am a B5 nut, but I think another reason why you can't really compare SGA and B5, is that its a completely different tone. B5, was a grand space opera, with a large arc involving philosophical disputes between the benefits of chaos vs order. And that was just one aspect. The language of B5 was operatic, just listen to Londo And G'kar. It is verbose and poetical. You can't compare it to Stargate. But I don't think SGA should venture that route since it would lose what makes it endearing. It shouldn't try to be like B5, it would fail horribly.

What I appreciate is the usage of story arcs because it helps create the flow of story, and allows the writers to tell a longer story then one that has to be wrapped up in 42 minutes. The medium of TV allows one to do that. But what makes SGA enjoyable is the characters and the interactions, the action is fine, but the humour does it for me. I love humour, and I need it in my life. While SGA has gotten darker this season, it still retains that humour.
          Prakash
          I want my Carson and Elizabeth back!

But don't get rid of Dr Keller and Co. Carter! Why can't we have all of them? Why can't we just all get along?

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
            The only thing Lost and B5 have in common is Mira Furlan.
            LOL Fair enough! I just meant with the planned story arcs adding to the quality of the story lines. B5 is 10,000,000x better than Lost.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              A new high? That's being pretty damn generous, I'd never call this a "new high" in a million years. That said though, it wasn't terrible. It still falls comfortably into Atlantis' established nook of mediocrity, but it was still better than most of the eps this season. I'd put it at #2, behind 'Missing'.
              I understand your view but I disagree. For me the option to not have Weir was the bet thing to make a great show excellent. This season has been full of highs and thi is at the top of the list.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Just my 2 cents but I like BSG. I'm not the biggest BSG fan but I was a HUGE fan of the Cylon occupation episodes. I do not know of any other show that has touched on the morality of suicide bombers.

And you really can not compare B5 to any SG show since B5 is based in speculative fiction. It is also a book for TV. I think SGA would be an excellent speculative fiction show but I'm not sure how a lot of SGA fans would like that approach. To me B5 is comparable to shows like BSG, Lost, Angel, Buffy, and most HBO/Showtime shows like The Wire, BrotherHood, and Dexter. I am only talking about the episode genre not the content of the show.

Anyway, this was a good episode.

Comment

Originally posted by techjunkie View Post
                  This is spoiler free.

I really enjoyed this episode, much more than i thought. In terms of a traditional SGA episode I expected cliché after cliché in terms of psychic phenomena.

Not here. Not this episode. I was even bowled over by the actor playing the seer. WOW... A guest actor that out shined the others.

OK - a few points. A nice explanation about the Midway station, it's "health" policy, and the celebration of sorts of Sam's 90-day evaluation of her command. Oh, I love it when they add real world controls in the terms of how to engage with Atlantis when they have just gone through a nasty biological issue (last episode).

Also - a really nice explanation about the seer's source of his power. Damn, if it's not plausible, and reproducible...

Overall - a great episode. The best so far.

Tech Junkie
                  (striving for the sarcasm demerit #2)
                  Indeed!
                  A gripping episode from beginning to end... The essence of such episodes as this is what I love about the Stargate franchise!!!!!

Comment

Well we should be expecting more of this because sg1 is finished, the shows werent intended at first to run together so all focus this season has been on atlantis alone.

Comment

I personally enjoyed Missing alot. And I enjoyed The Seer even more. The only ep I didn't particularly enjoy that much this season has been Travelers.

At the mo, this is how I rank the episodes in terms of enjoyment. I thought Doppelganger and Adrift were grat, so what doeas that say about the rest? lol. IMO, the entire season has been a new high for Stagate.

Favourite

Lifeline
                      The Seer
                      Tabula Rasa
                      Reunion
                      Missing
                      Adrift
                      Doppelganger

Travelers

Least Favourite

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        I personally enjoyed Missing alot. And I enjoyed The Seer even more. The only ep I didn't particularly enjoy that much this season has been Travelers.

At the mo, this is how I rank the episodes in terms of enjoyment. I thought Doppelganger and Adrift were grat, so what doeas that say about the rest? lol. IMO, the entire season has been a new high for Stagate.

Favourite

Lifeline
                        The Seer
                        Tabula Rasa
                        Reunion
                        Missing
                        Adrift
                        Doppelganger

Travelers

Least Favourite
                        Ah, interesting.

I actually found Lifeline my least favourite so far. It's interesting seeing the different views on each fav and least fav ep..

So far I feel season 4 has been great but the Seer isn't my favourite, though still a very enjoyable ep.

Entertaining wise I will go in the following order/

Doppelganger.
                        Missing
                        Seer
                        Travelers.
                        Adrift
                        Reunion
                        Tabula Rasa
                        Lifeline
                        sigpic

Comment

For me it would be:

Tabula Rasa
                          Doppelganger
                          Adrift
                          The Seer
                          Missing
                          Reunion
                          Lifeline
                          Travelers

Comment

Doppelganger
                            Tabula Rasa
                            Adrift
                            Lifeline
                            Travelers
                            Seer
                            Reunion
                            Missing
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't have a least favorite but this is how I'd rate them.
                              Adrift:A+ Excellent follow up to First Strike and has us in immense danger.
                              Lifeline: A+ Excellent ep with great team interaction and finally making Weir a great character.
                              Doppleganger:A+ Perfect no more to say.
                              Reunion:A+ Great team ep and excellent development for Ronon.
                              Travelers:B+ Great ep but still so many unanswered questions.
                              Tabula Rasa:A+ Great story character development and Rodney the hero.
                              Missing:A+ Great team and character ep and great development for Keller.
                              The Seer.A+++++++ Perfect again nothing more to say.
                              Last edited by Mitchell82; 20 November 2007, 12:41 PM.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I take it we didn't like Reunion
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X