'The Seer' - a new High for Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techjunkie View Post
    I was even bowled over by the actor playing the seer. WOW... A guest actor that out shined the others.
    Martin Jarvis (Davos) has been around for years on British TV, and is pretty well known. Its a shame they couldn't have had such a quality actor in a recurring role.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
      I am nglad you liker actiobn scene +?* plot w/vrisus or magical sapce shipr but good wrtiegnhave dialgoue
      Atlantis has good dialouge, action, and as jenkssaid keeps the auidence attention.BSG barely quailifies 1 of the 3 criteria
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Atlantis has good dialouge, action, and as jenkssaid keeps the auidence attention.BSG barely quailifies 1 of the 3 criteria
        Unless you just want to watch a mockery of what BSG should be.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

why is everyone talking about BSG?

BSG and SGA are completely different shows.

BSG is a military drama set in space.
          SGA is SciFi set in space.

space is the only thing they have in common. silly to compare the two

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
            why is everyone talking about BSG?

BSG and SGA are completely different shows.

BSG is a military drama set in space.
            SGA is SciFi set in space.

space is the only thing they have in common. silly to compare the two
            Because it was first implied that BSG is an example of what a GOOD science fiction show is. I personally disagree. I found it detestable. I would rather be watching the 70's version back to back, interspersed with ST:TOS.

I am simply trying to let it be known that differing tastes around here means that making SGA more BSG would just create a whole new crew of Anti's.

But I agree with Redhooks - This one was very B5ish. They have truly embraced story arcs and created some great foreshadowing. This season in itself has been like watching B5 - not in plots/stories etc - but in that it moved from the slow build up and 'getting to know you' phase and now into the more action (B5 S1->S2) heralded by new leadership. I almost didnt watch all of B5. I saw The Gathering and loved it, then got badly turned off by how slow season 1 was. Thankfully a friend prodded me to give season 2 a chance and now the whole collection sits on my DVD shelf. I have a some expectations and a lot of hope for season 4 - and so far I have not been dissapointed.

I still want more Team episodes though.
            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

A new high? That's being pretty damn generous, I'd never call this a "new high" in a million years. That said though, it wasn't terrible. It still falls comfortably into Atlantis' established nook of mediocrity, but it was still better than most of the eps this season. I'd put it at #2, behind 'Missing'.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey
                Just butting in here, first time poster in this section at least. Just wanted to say I don't watch BSG, no cable, it seems good writing but too depressing for me. However I don't want to do a comparison of that. Apples and oranges etc.

Now B5, I am a huge fan of. Stargate atlantis, has never been the greatest story telling for me, it has been alright. It tends to be more of an escapist jaunt, and I watch it more for the humour. Season 4, I have to say in terms of overall quality(reunion and travelers being some misses for me), has been quite decent... better then previous seasons. And has presented some interesting issues and concepts.

I really liked Seer. While it did seem a bit segmented, you know that this will be really the arc story telling that the exec producers have been talking about. B5 for me will always be the pinnacle of arc story telling. Nothing can compare to that. I won't say Stargate Atlantis is B5 level... but I am glad they seem to have taken some notes from that show and have incorporated into this show.

The notion of context is quite interesting. I really liked how in this season there have been more character moments, like Mckay's expression of guilt over the genocide done by the replicators, and how Carter's expression of indecision caught in the middle. I like that. Plus I loved the wraith character, I think he is amazing, and adds to the dimension of the wraith who are more than just 1 dimensional villains.
                Prakash
                I want my Carson and Elizabeth back!

But don't get rid of Dr Keller and Co. Carter! Why can't we have all of them? Why can't we just all get along?

Comment

Originally posted by kurya View Post
                  Hey
                  Just butting in here, first time poster in this section at least. Just wanted to say I don't watch BSG, no cable, it seems good writing but too depressing for me. However I don't want to do a comparison of that. Apples and oranges etc.

Now B5, I am a huge fan of. Stargate atlantis, has never been the greatest story telling for me, it has been alright. It tends to be more of an escapist jaunt, and I watch it more for the humour. Season 4, I have to say in terms of overall quality(reunion and travelers being some misses for me), has been quite decent... better then previous seasons. And has presented some interesting issues and concepts.

I really liked Seer. While it did seem a bit segmented, you know that this will be really the arc story telling that the exec producers have been talking about. B5 for me will always be the pinnacle of arc story telling. Nothing can compare to that. I won't say Stargate Atlantis is B5 level... but I am glad they seem to have taken some notes from that show and have incorporated into this show.

The notion of context is quite interesting. I really liked how in this season there have been more character moments, like Mckay's expression of guilt over the genocide done by the replicators, and how Carter's expression of indecision caught in the middle. I like that. Plus I loved the wraith character, I think he is amazing, and adds to the dimension of the wraith who are more than just 1 dimensional villains.
                  Prakash
                  What is it my friend says? Oh, thats right.

Get out of my head!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    A new high? That's being pretty damn generous, I'd never call this a "new high" in a million years. That said though, it wasn't terrible. It still falls comfortably into Atlantis' established nook of mediocrity, but it was still better than most of the eps this season. I'd put it at #2, behind 'Missing'.
                    {Mod Snip}
                    I pretty much agree with all the previous posts, as this was my favorite season 4 episode to date. Missing? Sorry, but while it was an okay episode, it wasn't the best. Danny Trejo's appearance wasn't enough to make it better than it was, no matter how much I like the guy.

{Mod Snip} happened to be pretty damn good this week.
                    Last edited by TameFarrar; 18 November 2007, 04:31 PM. Reason: Respect is NOT an option. Read the RULES

Comment

I agree with kurya. I don't think you can compare any show, sci fi or not to B5. Except maybe Lost, since they already know where they're headed and how long it'll take to get there.

In the Stargate universe, I'd say this episode was pretty good! It's always a good time when you have to trust "the bad guy." This episode had suspense and made you question your judgment about what should be done. At the same time, there was character development.

So overall, this episode wore many hats and did it well! I enjoyed it very, very much!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, loved it!

I would add more, but like Lincoln, if you say too much here, you get shot.

Comment

ROFL.

Just noticed you're from Ontario. Alright, you're forgiven. Pauvre tete carree.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                            I agree with kurya. I don't think you can compare any show, sci fi or not to B5. Except maybe Lost, since they already know where they're headed and how long it'll take to get there.
                            The only thing Lost and B5 have in common is Mira Furlan.
                            In the Stargate universe, I'd say this episode was pretty good! It's always a good time when you have to trust "the bad guy." This episode had suspense and made you question your judgment about what should be done. At the same time, there was character development.

So overall, this episode wore many hats and did it well! I enjoyed it very, very much!
                            I doubt Weir would have trusted the bad guy in this situation - especially after being burnt last time then raked over the coals for it. I did love that you were completely lost as to what to do. And the "insight" was making it harder - as it rightfully should. Very good job by the writers on this one.

Comment

Missing WAS BY FAR THE WORST EPISODE IN SGA HISTORY!
                              sigpic
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
                                Missing WAS BY FAR THE WORST EPISODE IN SGA HISTORY!
                                I see you've never seen 'The Hive', 'The Tower', 'Allies', 'Irresistible', 'Irresponsible', 'The Ark', 'First Strike', or 'Doppelganger'.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X