This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Which is one of the things i am having a hard time figuring out. Even military doctors still apply the HIPPA laws and such to their work, so i wonder why those in the SGC program seem to forget them..
    Perhaps because the SGC seems to ignore all the other pesky laws that get in their way. They operate in secret and do the things they deem necessary to protect Earth (or Atlantis in SGA's case) including reverse engineering alien tech (what about those copyright laws? ) and studying prisoners/aliens.

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
    Robert Picardo is an extremely talented actor. This really annoys me that that do not use him to his potential. He is very gifted. maybe he decided he does not want to use his potential, for some personal reason. A real shame, they just use him and a wimpy baffoon. A terrible shame.
    I disagree. He started as a real stuffed shirt, but he has grown over the course of his tenure with the SG universe. RP plays him so well in my POV - he is truly doing what he believes to be right (even when he is dreadfully wrong). To me, the most telling parts of Woolsey in this were during the hive ship fight. First, Sam offers to let him leave, and he refuses. This is not the action of a wimp. He is willing to risk his life to see this thing through. Next, as Sheppard and Carter established earlier, the IOA's typical reaction to a sticky situation is to refuse to make a decision and then blame the person that had the guts to make one. Yet, when Woolsey thought Sam was wrong, he tried to take over and order Sheppard to fire. Now, while completely wrong, he was at least willing to make a decision. Again, not the actions of a wimp.

And, when he leaves, he agrees to not be too thorough in his report (just as he did with Weir in early S3).

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
    How do you know he and they are nice? At least we should think it I guess. But I must say a great actor for Davos - really great, also great actor for the Wraith - again.
    As for CGI reused und Gate CGIed - well that's the price to pay if you want good actors in an episode - and it really payed of this time.
    By the fact that no one tried to kill or betray the expedition the entire time they were there. Davos and his people expected Lantians, knowing they lived in the City of the Ancestors, and yet (unlike the Genii and others we've seen) the only thing they asked for was medical help for Davos. Seems like nice folk to me.

Originally posted by kitkatgur1 View Post
    ok so....since the 2 hive ships blew each other up, how will they get the rest of the virus code now?? the wraith said "i will transmit it when we are done with the work"...but.....now he has no ship....why don't these shows ever fill in plot holes???!!!!
    That gives the CG Wraith a reason to stick around to work on the code with Rodney. I don't think it's a plot hole. It's just unresolved at this point.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana
    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
      instreuctsion for make you chariactter llook ++ ncool

1. bringr in stiff uppera crust politicains
      2. have you chasriacters tell thies gyuy off w//harsh outvburst
      3. nwait for appleasuse + increase nielssisen ratting
      Take your time.

Comment

Take my Wraith.....please.

Wraith humor, nice touch, gotta love it.

So they just left Sam's "vision" hanging out there.... season ending cliffhanger maybe?

Bill K

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          Just to share my husband's POV. The Seer was the first SGA episode he has watched this year (only because his 'puter was dead and he was bored), and his first comment on seeing Carter was, "Is Tapping pregnant again?"

Yes, its bad to poke fun of someone's weight, but these uniforms actually accentuate the negative. The half-zippers are only to make boobs look bigger because it bunches out the top, and the bottom half of the jacket poofs out, making bellies look bigger than they are (on ALL the women). Amanda is by no means fat, but this uniform makes her look poochie in certain places. It doesn't do anything for Jewell either, especially that yellow-striped thing that makes her look like a bumblebee.

The fan complaints aren't to rag on the actors' weight, but to complain about the costume designer who came up with this atrocity.
          You know, I keep thinking 'admiral' whenever I see Keller. Don't know why but I keep thinking she should be in the Navy with all those stripes. Yeah, and have alas read the 'is AT pregnant?' remarks on other boards/lists as well. Sigh, too many starving actresses on "Desperate Housewives" makes everybody think all women should have flat abs...

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
            Just to share my husband's POV. The Seer was the first SGA episode he has watched this year (only because his 'puter was dead and he was bored), and his first comment on seeing Carter was, "Is Tapping pregnant again?"

Yes, its bad to poke fun of someone's weight, but these uniforms actually accentuate the negative. The half-zippers are only to make boobs look bigger because it bunches out the top, and the bottom half of the jacket poofs out, making bellies look bigger than they are (on ALL the women). Amanda is by no means fat, but this uniform makes her look poochie in certain places. It doesn't do anything for Jewell either, especially that yellow-striped thing that makes her look like a bumblebee.

The fan complaints aren't to rag on the actors' weight, but to complain about the costume designer who came up with this atrocity.
            I agree completely about the uniforms. Carter's in particular is awful. It's like a relic from the 70s, which they obviously think is futuristic and cool. Awful. Horrible.

It doesn't surprise me that your husband had the reaction he did, because to be honest, it doesn't do her justice. Amanda's not big (unless you mean tall...) and it makes her look big. Just awful.

As for Jewel, I can't say I've looked at the bumblebee uniform. I've only seen a couple of eps and during missing I was looking away trying to tune out Keller's whining and crying and willing Teyla to beat the crap out of her, or at least shoot her in the foot and give her something to really cry about.

As anti Carter in S4 as I am, I was going to give Keller a go... but she's just the most irritating character ever. And I feel bad saying that, because I really loved Jewel in Firefly.

Comment

My two cents on "The Seer".

I liked coming full circle with "Todd" the Wraith. Common Ground was a great episode and I'm glad we get to go a little further on the "Todd" and "John" journey. The Wraith humor bit about shaking hands actually gave me my first smile for the season.

I thought Sam was okay in this episode. I won't pretend I'm glad she's leading the expedition now. For me, I can't say she's made an impact on the show, other than she replaced Weir. That, of course, has been a huge impact for me. But, in regards to the show in general as well as this episode, IMO it's like she's just there. I am not trying to offend anyone with my opinion, that's just truly how I feel. I respect AT as an actress and I respect the right of any AT fan who is thrilled she is a part of the show. It's just that I'm still asking myself "why" this far into the season.

I liked the moment between John and Rodney in the lab when Rodney was saying it was their fault what had happened with the Asurans destroying human worlds. "We had the ZPM, we had Elizabeth...." It was nice to see an honest reflection from them that perhaps their decision to activate the base code has had a much higher price than they expected or wanted. My gut literally hurt as I thought to myself that the Asurans had probably stolen the info on those worlds from Elizabeth's mind and how that would devastate her. I know we have very little time with Elizabeth left this season, I sure hope we get some resolution for her this season and chance for her to come back next season.

I still think Keller is in over her head, but she didn't annoy me in this episode like she did in "Missing". I appreciated her comment about "are we bringing him to Atlantis to study him or to help him?" (think I messed up the wording on this one a little bit). I still miss Carson, though. Another gaping hole in the line-up for me.

And, I thought it was amusing that Woolsey butted heads with Carter just as he's done with Weir in the past. The IOA seem to question the decision of ANY leader of the SGA expedition, now don't they? Robert Picardo does a good job with that character.

Obviously, I'm a Weir fan. I have tried to share my two cents in a manner that respects others in this thread. I sure hope my two cents are worth the same as everyone else's here.
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

The scene where Rodney and John were talking about whose fault it was that the replicators are killing people and Rodney says something along the lines of "We had the ZedPM, we had Elizabeth, we could have just left," That's the kind of stuff I love and we get a lot more of in Atlantis; people actually talking about stuff that's happened and even regretting it. And because it's what I was thinking after they lost Elizabeth: You had everything, you could have just left. Ah, just love it.

The only thing I don't like is the death of all shippyness in this season. It was always (for me at least), a John/Teyla or John/Elizabeth kinda question. But with Elizabeth gone and Teyla pregnant with some other guy's kid (we're assuming, no?), it's all gone (and I am a no way on John/Sam). Ah well, I have my SG-1 Season four DVD's so I'll find a way to make it through.
                Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
                mary anne radmacher

You don't know what strange means?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  You know, I keep thinking 'admiral' whenever I see Keller. Don't know why but I keep thinking she should be in the Navy with all those stripes. Yeah, and have alas read the 'is AT pregnant?' remarks on other boards/lists as well. Sigh, too many starving actresses on "Desperate Housewives" makes everybody think all women should have flat abs...
                  Ok, I can't deny Keller's uniform looks a trifle nautical And it's pretty sad when folks resort to the pregnant thing just because someone doesn't have flat abs and, oh, reflects a little bit of real life...I thought people wanted realistic looking women on the show, not 'hot babes with perfect figures'? There's no pleasing some...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA
                    I've always found that women who are not twigletts come under fire on the discussion threads when there is nothing to critic. AT is a very attractive woman as she is, and those words can be very hurtful to some people. Anorexia anyone? Even Jewel on her own blog had to tell folk to quit with the pregnancy rumours because of a wrong camera angle. And I don't think it's our place to be discussing actors/actresses weight issues. There's more than enough meat on the storyline to discuss. So how about we talk about that as opposed to discussing meat on the actressess?
                    Thank you. I agree.
                    sigpic

Comment

If I mau interject an unbiased opinion to Foolish Pleasure and Linziabout the uniforms. This isn't really the thread to talk about that subject. The point about this thread is about the episode especially when theres already a uniform thread. So can we talk about The Seer and how great it was to see Carter and Woosley clash.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, and adding to jelgate's post...

Beauty in all its forms is in the eye of the beholder.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          If I mau interject an unbiased opinion to Foolish Pleasure and Linziabout the uniforms. This isn't really the thread to talk about that subject. The point about this thread is about the episode especially when theres already a uniform thread. So can we talk about The Seer and how great it was to see Carter and Woosley clash.
                          Sorry, hon. Discussion ended
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I wonder how long Woolsey will have to evaluate Sam for. He said 3 month evaluation, so i'm assuming that she may have one more and if things are ok at that stage he may not have to monitor her as closely. Unless of course the visions come true. Then how he'd react is anyone's back. I wonder if he'll go with the whole, "I told you so." thing?

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                            Sorry, hon. Discussion ended
                            But, but, but.... I want to talk about how fab the uniforms are, Linz. And how they remind me of the Trek ones, and how it could be a lot worse and they could all be wearing lycra jumpsuits!!

*runs out the thread*

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                              I wonder how long Woolsey will have to evaluate Sam for. He said 3 month evaluation, so i'm assuming that she may have one more and if things are ok at that stage he may not have to monitor her as closely. Unless of course the visions come true. Then how he'd react is anyone's back. I wonder if he'll go with the whole, "I told you so." thing?
                              Aren't performance evaluations part of the military too? I'd guess they are? I'd guess they were a standard thing, done at certain intervals?

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

But, but, but.... I want to talk about how fab the uniforms are, Linz. And how they remind me of the Trek ones, and how it could be a lot worse and they could all be wearing lycra jumpsuits!!

*runs out the thread*
                              Oh my God! The visions I have in my head right now....Oh dear!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                Aren't performance evaluations part of the military too? I'd guess they are? I'd guess they were a standard thing, done at certain intervals?
                                I used to get mine done yearly, newbies I think had theirs every 3 months though I think, then at the 6 month stage, then yearly. Although don't quote me as I was in the civvie part, so it might be different.

Oh my God! The visions I have in my head right now....Oh dear!
                                Yes hon, I know what you're thinking. Dirty lil minx.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                Gutter-time.
                                When is it not?

Originally posted by Linzi
                                Cheeky! Hey, do you know Peg by any chance?
                                Hey, i'll have you know I resemble that remark.

Comment

Working...
                                X