What makes Mikey so special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    I made this thread to see if anyone else can come up with anything other than "he got some of the Earth wank in his DNA" as that's my own personal running theory as well. Either that or some sort of space time anomaly caused by thaty wormhole transferring Sheppard's character shields and plot protection to him somehow.

Because right now a lot of them are kinda starving to death and resorting to civil war because there's not enough humans to go around. Even before that they had to hibernate for hundreds of years at a time because there still really weren't enough humans around to sustain them all full time.

Having Michael, an average Wraith scientist, be able to create an adult clone of Beckett with such limited resources opened a brutal gaping and infected around the edges plothole in the series. Introducing this into the picture made the whole notion of Wraith starvation and civil war due to lack of food effectively impossible. It also makes the whole idea of them hibernating look like nothing other than either intentional generosity or shocking species wide stupidity on their part. If one guy working alone with next to nothing for resources can make adult clones of people in a very short timeframe then surely hivequeens with ships and whole swarms of scientists just like Mikey working for them could make clones as well, entire batches of them.

Even if it is something Mikey came up with all on his own through some absurd stroke of genius no one else thought of in 10,000 years it would allow him to rule the galaxy already, just by itself. "Hey all you other Wraith. I can feed anyone who joins up under me unlimited amounts of humans. So how you like me now?"
    Huh, that's impossible. I wonder what show you've been watching lately Ouro, but you've obviously missed the fact that Mike could only do one clone. Beyond, he'd have needed a Zee Wee Pee M. *sigh*

Fans who don't know a thing about Stargate...
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Naa. Carter would own capt archer... But i would not mind seeing T'pol and ronon go at it..

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
        Huh, that's impossible. I wonder what show you've been watching lately Ouro, but you've obviously missed the fact that Mike could only do one clone. Beyond, he'd have needed a Zee Wee Pee M. *sigh*

Fans who don't know a thing about Stargate...
        Ahh yes that's it! How could I have missed something so obvious! Without the planet destroying energies clearly the cloning would be impossible yes! Previous canon confirms it, and we know how important previous canon is on Stargate Atlantis!

We have our answer folks. It explains not only Beckett, but even how his entire vat-grown hybrid army was made.

Mikey's so special because he can **** ZPMs.

Comment

Mikeys so special cause he is part human part wraith so he has strengths of both

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
            Mikeys so special cause he is part human part wraith so he has strengths of both
            All Wraith are part human.
            sigpic

Comment

But not part Human from Urth!

Comment

The added Human Ambition.

(Also, a natural D20 on Intelligence )

Comment

But not part Human from Urth!
                  They might even be part Ancient because an Iratus bug caught a Lantean for lunch. Er... on second thoughts the Lanteans were disasters looking for somewhere to happen. Er.. on third thoughts so are these Humans from Urth.

The original retrovirus stripped away Iratus bug elements leaving the ancestral human DNA active - none of this DNA came from Urth. Mikey might have used some of Beckett's DNA to enhance his hybridisation but he had to be a genius to understand Beckett's research knowledge to start with. Maybe all faced males are geniuses and only need a push to get their brains working on some grandiose project?

PS: Just had a sudden thought. Mikey used some of Beckett's DNA on himself and developed the ancient Celtic taste for head hunting. He now has a collection of heads decorating the door lintels on his cruiser.
                  Last edited by ciannwn; 17 March 2008, 04:31 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                    He starred in STAR TREK ENTERPRISE.
                    Yea the guy was the cheif engineer on Starfleet's first warp 5 capable starship in another lifetime. And we all know, Starfleet engineers can turn rocks into replicators.

Comment

How did he suddenly learn how to fight galactic scale campaigns of conquest and do all this fancy cutting edge science nobody ever thought of before? He cloned Beckett for one thing. That must be new because I have a hard time beliving that the Wraith would still be *****ing constantly about food shortages if they had tech to easily clone adult humans at will with next to no resources.
                      Maybe it's like a vitamin deficiency. Even if the clones didn't self-destruct like Beckett, maybe they don't have a vital vitamin or mineral or enzyme necessary for Wraith "digestion." The duplicate, like a vitamin pill, wouldn't completely make up for whatever is found in the natural.

Oh, man. I just had a horrid thought. Wraith Centrum Silver! All the vitamins and minerals for the Wraith in the prime of life!

Comment

Collect calling to T'Pol.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Well, it's more than just power. After his ordeal, Michael didn't want to be either Wraith nor Human, and he hated them both, so he created his own identity, and then some.
                          What makes Bill Gates so special? He was once young, a child, had the same oppotunities as other children yet created his own destiny and became the richest human on Earth (or was someone has over taken him). The point being you can create your own destiny. Bill Gates is just one human, Micheal is just one Wraith.

Comment

Q:What makes Mikey so special?

A: NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Michael is a crappy remnant of an even crappier (retrovirus) storyline. The only reason there's so much focus on him now is because the writers systematically pussified the Wraith and prematurely got rid of the Replicators.

Seriously, the Wraith defeated the Ancients... the freaking Ancients! At the first sign of trouble to them, Micheal would end up a withered corpse in from of some (no longer famished) Wraith Queen. This whole Michael storyline is moronic and should be ended with his swift and merciless death and should never be mentioned again.

Comment

The Wraith defeated the Ancients because the latter never went around killing and infecting humans with a disease.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                The Wraith defeated the Ancients because the latter never went around killing and infecting humans with a disease.
                                This is true, but it has never been explained how Michael got hold of a single cruiser, much less hive ships. His "hybrids" certainly couldn't have physically overpowered the Wraith as they would have been met as nothing more than a new food source for them, and thus any "hybrids" Michael sent to fight the Wraith would have wound up and drained, withered corpses.

I've never had a problem with Michael killing the humans of Pegasus. This solves the Wraith problem. The fact that Michael and his "hybrids" could achieve any sort of military victory against even such a weakened version of the Wraith is laughable.

Bottom line: the Wraith should still be able to find Michael and kill him.

Comment

Working...
                                X