Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
    Mitchell82,

I know it would have been irrelivant to the story, but it raises good questios on how McKay got back. If he used the gate then there should have been a ZPM, which if powered down should of had enough energy to get hi back unless it only had enough to get mcKay back in the first place, but why only send mcKay with a zpm with enough energy for 1 trip? Plus I doubt the IOA would give mcKay a PM for some "hair-brained" idea to save Shep and the timeline.

McKay didn't really know when Joh would appear in the future, he knew it was around 48,000 years, but he didn't know the exact date. So that would mean he would have had to be tied to the internal sensors at some level to just be able to tell the passage of time and be able to detect comm traffic in the city. Sure he could have set a crude "time delay" on the generator power up, but even then it would have to be powered up starting at 47,999 years just to detect the comm.

What if humans came back sometime between McKays 25 years and 48,000 years, would the hologram activated and informed the people to not move the city?

I know none of these questions will be answered, but there is so much information missing from episodes these days tht I wish could be included on DVDs when they come out.........

I think the producers/writers are implying that power isn't an issue given that Carter in season 9 invented the Mark IX "Gatebuster" bomb, which is essentially a naquadah generator set to overload on the "Mark IX" level. Whatever that means. McKay tells Sheppard that he left a "Mark XII" generator to power the stasis chamber. If the IOA was ok letting McKay just leave a Mark XII sitting around for 50,000 years, I feel they probably had enough battery power to activate the gate from Pegasus back to Milky Way without too much regret. And even if Major Lorne pulled a few strings to get McKay to Atlantis, I doubt they could easily explain why he was taking a Mark XII generator with him. (and given a Mark XII can power a stasis chamber for 1,000 years, if not more, it can probably dial the gate once or twice for an intergalactic call.)

Comment

With regards to McCay getting to and from Atlantis it being 25 years into the future it is possible that they rebuilt the Midway station with a new more secure technique of insuring that only the people you want comes thru.

Comment

Working...
      X