No announcement yet.

Sheppard - Why didnt he age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little silver patch of year maybe Poor Tealc...

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Actually, Rodney said the following:
      McKAY: It is impossible to say, but my best estimate is under five hundred years. (before the atmosphere would burn off)
      McKAY: We wouldn't be able to do it indefinitely, but it would buy us a hundred years or so.

So 600-ish years.
      Actually, that inspired a thought: solar flares are pretty random, so who knows exactly when the one we needed arrived? Rodney predicted 700 years, but it could've easily come a week after Shep arrived or something.

We just know that, AT MOST, Shep had to stay in stasis for 600 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Actually, that inspired a thought: solar flares are pretty random, so who knows exactly when the one we needed arrived? Rodney predicted 700 years, but it could've easily come a week after Shep arrived or something.

Good point. I didn't think of that!
        sigpic

Comment

Can you tell the differnce between someone who is 35 or 38 years old because I certainly can't. The thing with the hair is a good question but maybe they thought it would laughable if Sheppard came through looking like a hobo with loong hair and a beard.
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Poor hologram Rodney, staying up for hundreds of years waiting for the right solar flare. Also, Rodney had probably calculated when the next suitable one was going to take place. After all, he is based on technology 25 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
              Can you tell the difference between someone who is 35 or 38 years old because I certainly can't. The thing with the hair is a good question but maybe they thought it would laughable if Sheppard came through looking like a hobo with loong hair and a beard.
              You say that but go and watch Rising and see how young Joe F and David H look and that's only four years.

Of course they couldn't have Sheppard permanently aged, its just not practical, but would it really have hurt just have had him have a little scruff of a beard?

Comment

Maybe I'm way off on this but since Mckay had 25 years to find a way to get Sheppard back, maybe he took into consideration that he might have to put Sheppard in stasis. Maybe Mckay found a way to improve the stasis pod so it wouldn't really age Sheppard, I mean it took him 25 years to get back to Atlantis but you don't know how long he was there, maybe he did something to the stasis pods. I might be reaching, but you never know.
                there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by riddermark View Post
                  From the season 1 episode we know that Weir aged say 60 years over the course of 10000 years in statis, so as John was in statis for say 500-700 years why didnt he age something like 3 years?
                  I'd say it's cuz he's so hot the pod wouldn't dare age him, but this is probably the wrong thread for that.

More seriously, the actor is about 3 yrs older than his character (compared to RDA being 7 yrs older than his character), so those three years wouldn't change Shep at all.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                  Obviously they couldn't have Sheppard visibly age because they'd have to keep him that way indefinitely but they really should have at least had JF grow a bit of a beard - they seem to have ignored previously established science out of laziness.
                  Don't be so quick to jump on the "laziness" bandwagon, eh? They probably figured it wasn't very important and no one would bother to notice and start...a...discussion...uh...never mind!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                  O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                  X