• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Drools*

GREAT ONE, DAS !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about getting a Todd one, too! *g*

Not that I know how to make one!

What's Ronon compensating for? Look at how small Todd's knife is, hehe!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

*Drools*

GREAT ONE, DAS !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about getting a Todd one, too! *g*

Not that I know how to make one!

What's Ronon compensating for? Look at how small Todd's knife is, hehe!

Todd is obviously secure in his...erm...bughood. Nothing to prove.

I have a REALLY REALLY stupid question....

Do you think the Wraith realize they are bugs? I mean...they think of themselves as Wraith and all of that, but Carson said they are more closely related to the iratus bug than to humans. So...do you think they acknowledge they are more bug-like than human-like - or do you think they ignore their connection to bugs, sort of like how they ignore their connection to humans, and just think of themselves as Wraith - neither bug nor human?

das
      Last edited by dasNdanger; 10 March 2008, 09:18 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Todd rocks! And the Ronon-Todd dyanimc is the best thing that happeend to SGA since... well, basically, since David Hewlett gave them the idea to be McKay.

Make Todd a regular member of Sheppard's team, and have those scenes every week, I say! It'd be like Vala in SG1.

Well, seaosn 9 Vala hopefully.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Todd is obviously secure in his...erm...bughood. Nothing to prove.

I have a REALLY REALLY stupid question....

Do you think the Wraith realize they are bugs? I mean...they think of themselves as Wraith and all of that, but Carson said they are more closely related to the iratus bug than to humans. So...do you think they acknowledge they are more bug-like than human-like - or do you think they ignore their connection to bugs, sort of like how they ignore their connection to humans, and just think of themselves as Wraith - neither bug nor human?

das
          they have insect characteristics/tendencies, so they probably acknowledge themselves as bug-like on some level. overall though, I'd say they just see themselves as wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
            they have insect characteristics/tendencies, so they probably acknowledge themselves as bug-like on some level. overall though, I'd say they just see themselves as wraith.
            I agree. As intelligent as they are, they surely know their DNA is derived from human and Iratus bug elements. But they are more than just their DNA.
            They are Wraith.
            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset
              Yeah - I think they see themselves as Wraith - above both species that they have evolved from, but having more respect (it seems) for their insect ancestors than their human, seeing as how their human ancestors are now their food. Heh.

When I think of the Wraith in Condemned, and how pleased with himself he was that he enjoyed the 'finer' things, it makes me wonder how they perceive their own, icky existence in the hives...with all the umbilicals and veins and membrane and goo, compared to the relative sterility of human enviroments. I guess it's not disgusting to them at all, which makes such a nice contrast between the ickiness of their enviroment, and their neat and tidy personal appearance (well, except for Todd's hair, but we forgive him for that).

I got off the subject...

das
              sigpic

Comment

Watching this i was hoping i would see them too at least give a grudging not to one another before they pressed the button.. kind of like showing each other one final bit of respect. But other than that, i loved their final scenes..

Comment

Todd for Regular status!

No seriously, I think the little Ronon sequence made the finale the best finale since Siege 2 (That includes SG1 finales!) - that and McKeller were awesome.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal
                    Watching this i was hoping i would see them too at least give a grudging not to one another before they pressed the button.. kind of like showing each other one final bit of respect. But other than that, i loved their final scenes..
                    Well, they did. Todd gave a nod and a very slight smile, then Ronon smiled, and pressed the button. In the end, they respected one another, and showed.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k
                    Todd for Regular status!

No seriously, I think the little Ronon sequence made the finale the best finale since Siege 2 (That includes SG1 finales!) - that and McKeller were awesome.
                    Would LOVE to see Todd as a regular, but I doubt that will happen. Chris Heyerdahl (Todd) is involved with Sanctuary, and that was just picked up by Sci Fi...so I'm sure he'll be way busy with that. I suppose we can hope to see him make an appearance or two next season, but I doubt we'll be treated to seeing Todd in 6 episodes like this season. But hey - if they DO manage to include him in that many in S5 - I will NOT be complaining.

I've been encouraging people to share their appreciation for Todd on Joe Mallozzi's blog - http://www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Fans express their appreciation for the other characters there, so a mention of Todd now and than can't hurt.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

^I don't want to anger the Wraith fanatic, but it does not make sense for Todd to become a regular. After all is said and done, he is still the enemy. He wouldn't hestitate to stab us in the back (as seen in Midway). Todd unlike the average Wraith is able to see the bigger picture. Making him a regular would be the same as making Ba'al a regular. Todd is a good character but not a great regular
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate
                        ^I don't want to anger the Wraith fanatic, but it does not make sense for Todd to become a regular. After all is said and done, he is still the enemy. He wouldn't hestitate to stab us in the back (as seen in Midway). Todd unlike the average Wraith is able to see the bigger picture. Making him a regular would be the same as making Ba'al a regular. Todd is a good character but not a great regular
                        Actually - I wouldn't want to see him as a 'regular' character - not like Ronon, or Teyla. It would lessen his impact when he makes an appearance if you see him every. single. week.

But to have him as a regular re-occurring character - yeah, that could be fun. Half a dozen episodes wouldn't be too much to ask for if he's to become the 'face of the Wraith'.

And yes - he's an 'enemy', and eventually his nature will force him to feed upon humans...but THAT is what makes the relationship SO interesting, and enjoyable!!! I'm amazed that more people don't see how this makes for a BETTER story - to be allied with someone who, down inside, wants to eat you. NOT because he's evil, but because he's hungry and is driven by instinct.

We've all been intrigued by animal acts - animal handlers like Siegfried and Roy. Why? Because we know what they are doing IS dangerous...and that was proven when the tiger 'attacked' Roy. But the tiger didn't attack him because it was evil - it attacked out of INSTINCT. And Roy realized that, and didn't hate the tiger for it - instead, he insisted that the tiger not be killed for what it did.

So - the same idea can translate over to SGA. Todd is the tiger that the SGA team is trying to 'handle'. They may use it for an 'act' (mission) - They will cage it - they might even feed it - but ultimately, they cannot change its nature. One day, it might bite back. But do you kill it for that? Or do you try to understand its nature, and take added precautions to avoid getting bitten again?

I would like to see the latter. I wouldn't mind seeing Todd 'lose it', and lash out to attack a Lantean (not to fully feed on one, but perhaps to start) - and for him to be pulled off - threatened with death - but to appeal to them on the basis of his nature, and to be forgiven. It would take a LOT for the Lanteans to pardon him for giving into his nature, but it would be an interesting look into their characters...and whether or not they are willing to try to understand the 'tiger', or just kill it and stuff it and hang it on the wall with all their other misunderstood trophies.

Their tolerance of Todd can reveal so much about THEM, just like the Ronon/Todd scene in TLM revealed so much about Ronon, and the type of man he really is. And having Todd around a bit more can make viewers more understanding of the Wraith's situation - and the more we understand, the more we care, and the more we care, the more ALL the characters in the show matter - and not just the stars. That makes fans connect with the show as a whole, instead of just one or two characters. I know - it's happening with me. I'm here BECAUSE of Todd - but I am starting to like other characters because of the way they've interacted with him. The more depth I see in all the characters, including the Wraith, the more interested in the show I become.

So...yeah. To make him a regular re-occurring character can't hurt - as long as he's NOT overused (too much of a good thing can be bad), and his appearances focus on quality screen time, and not quantity.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

To make him a regular re-occurring character can't hurt - as long as he's NOT overused (too much of a good thing can be bad), and his appearances focus on quality screen time, and not quantity.

I totally agree with Das on this one. A good re-occurring character is not necessary one we see a lot of, but rather, one that is used for great plot moments.
                          That is what made this Ronon/Todd moment so cool. We didn't spend half the episode with them, but when we did see them, it was totally worth it. The icing on the cake, of a great episode.

^_^
                          sigpic
                          Thanks for the sig idea Das!

Comment

Originally posted by Zanlee View Post
                            I totally agree with Das on this one. A good re-occurring character is not necessary one we see a lot of, but rather, one that is used for great plot moments.
                            That is what made this Ronon/Todd moment so cool. We didn't spend half the episode with them, but when we did see them, it was totally worth it. The icing on the cake, of a great episode.

^_^
                            I agree. Quality, not quantity. And no one wants Todd turned into Sheppard's tame Wraith. We don't need to have a Lieutenant Worf added to SGA.
                            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
                              I agree. Quality, not quantity. And no one wants Todd turned into Sheppard's tame Wraith. We don't need to have a Lieutenant Worf added to SGA.

EXACTLY!! Not Worf - Kern, maybe...but not Worf. I want to see Todd maintain that edge, and remain unpredictable and dangerous.

One interesting thing is that Ronon may have been informed about his future, and how he went out with Todd. But Todd - Todd doesn't know this, and probably will never know it. So, Ronon may soften VERY slightly towards Todd - which could leave an opening if our Wraithy friend ever felt like 'getting the upper hand'.

But I doubt it - I don't think Ronon is that foolish to be lulled into a false sense of security over what might happen in the future. Still, it would be to see a 'different' reaction between the two next time they meet - if they meet again.

das
                              sigpic

Comment

And yes - he's an 'enemy', and eventually his nature will force him to feed upon humans...but THAT is what makes the relationship SO interesting, and enjoyable!!! I'm amazed that more people don't see how this makes for a BETTER story - to be allied with someone who, down inside, wants to eat you. NOT because he's evil, but because he's hungry and is driven by instinct.
                                <snip>
                                So - the same idea can translate over to SGA. Todd is the tiger that the SGA team is trying to 'handle'. They may use it for an 'act' (mission) - They will cage it - they might even feed it - but ultimately, they cannot change its nature. One day, it might bite back. But do you kill it for that? Or do you try to understand its nature, and take added precautions to avoid getting bitten again?

I would like to see the latter. I wouldn't mind seeing Todd 'lose it', and lash out to attack a Lantean (not to fully feed on one, but perhaps to start) - and for him to be pulled off - threatened with death - but to appeal to them on the basis of his nature, and to be forgiven. It would take a LOT for the Lanteans to pardon him for giving into his nature,
                                Das, I'm going to disagree with your view here and I'm bothered that you see Todd like an animal. The way you're describing him makes him seem like someone who can't change or control his instincts. Which I disagree with.

It's the nature of the Wraith to feed on humans, yes. That's something they can't change. But I disagree that it's an driving instinct. They instinctual know that they need to feed on humans when they come of age and crave it. But I don't think the choice itself is so instinctual that there needs to be an effort of control. The existence of worshippers and Todd's actions already proves that it's not an instinct. They can choose. But because they can't feed on anything but humans, that choice is either eat or painfully starve. In that aspect of survival, they don't have a choice. And of course, if they're hungry, they're going to want to eat.

So, I don't see Sheppard forgiving Todd any time soon if he lunges to feed on one of his people.

I think what makes the interactions between Todd and the Expedition so great is, not because Todd wants to eat them (I don't think he does), but because he has no choice but to kill at the moment. (Why don't Wraiths take a tithe?) So SGA have a moral and philosophical dilemma every time they deal with him. If the next time they meet and let Todd go, they're essentially letting someone who is guaranteed to prey on humans go free. But then this means that the SGA have accepted that the Wraith as a whole are not evil. And most importantly, I think Sheppard and his team are realizing that they can't apply their moral code on Todd.

Comment

Working...
                                X