This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    Todd is overused, Michael's storyline is predictable. I'm just waiting to hear that Michael somehow took the form of Kannan and really is the father of Teyla's child.

And whatever happened to not altering the timeline? If that's what truly happened, you can't just go back and change things because you didn't like the ending of it all!
    Why not? It's not fair towards the wraith?
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Um... what?! Michael is probably the smartest, most interesting and most developed character in the franchise, or atleast Atlantis.

I totally disagree that this was the worst finale ever. IMO it was the best. Allies is the worst IMO, but that was still pretty good.
      I agree. However, i have the slightest feeling (ok, a pretty good feeling) that Michael's going to be axed early on, probably Seasrch and rescue, or some other time in the first half.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Somebody on another forum said Michael is becoming a "moustache twirler" like from the old Perils of Pauline serial. I think that would put him into 2D territory. Although I do think he is acting logically considering what they did to him. But his behavior last night with the head was just OTT to me. How long before he goes "bwah ha ha"?
        There is just so much depth to Michael. Outcasted from the humans and wraith, misunderstood. He loses his mind, creates these hybrids to get even with the Wraith and Humans. Uses the Hoffen drug not to just kill humans and Wraith but to find out the strong humans so he could make them into Hybrids to serve his cause. Michael never asked for this, it was the fault of both humans and Wraith for what they did to him. We could of had an ally after "No Man's Land" but Atlantis decided to deceive him yet again. Michael is an intelligent, ruthless, persuasive person. It's not just here is a bad guy killing humans and Wraith, there is so much more behind it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          Um... what?! Michael is probably the smartest, most interesting and most developed character in the franchise, or atleast Atlantis.

I totally disagree that this was the worst finale ever. IMO it was the best. Allies is the worst IMO, but that was still pretty good.
          Evil Tucker doesn't convince me. He should be less than the Genii in the show, but the writers are gradually transforming the guy into the main enemy. That's crazy! About Michael being "the smartest, most interesting and most developed character in the franchise," don't make me laugh!
          sigpic

Comment

2020? that would be 13 years into the future.

try more like 2030.

It did end kinda anti-climatically but showing how bad michael is, that is is capable of following through, really upped the anti.

If SGA gets its full run we only have 2 more seasons after season 5 and the universe is really messed up right now.

I think it was a great episode, if anything I think they could have put more and streached it out over 3 episodes. See some of the future in 50,000 years, see why the sgc had a facist feel to it, maybe find out micheal caused the glitch not mckay (or zalenka), they could have done more but it still was pretty great.

Comment

I love the fact that the worst enemy in the PG galaxy the sgc created!!!

We really outdid the ancients in their mistakes now.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                There is just so much depth to Michael. Outcasted from the humans and wraith, misunderstood. He loses his mind, creates these hybrids to get even with the Wraith and Humans. Uses the Hoffen drug not to just kill humans and Wraith but to find out the strong humans so he could make them into Hybrids to serve his cause. Michael never asked for this, it was the fault of both humans and Wraith for what they did to him. We could of had an ally after "No Man's Land" but Atlantis decided to deceive him yet again. Michael is an intelligent, ruthless, persuasive person. It's not just here is a bad guy killing humans and Wraith, there is so much more behind it.
                Maybe they should let you write S5. I doubt he'll be written as you describe, but we can always hope. *sigh*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

To me...it was just boring. No suspense, everyone that died was nothing more than a plot device. Atlantis abandoned was just boring too.

Sheppard's only fight was with a standstorm.

there could have been an interesting plot if Sheppard only went 40 years into the future and meet Teyla's child as an adult. Found Micheal....as the ruling system lord or something. I think if Micheal told Shep how he killed everyone it would have been more dramatic.

The child could have been pivotal in providing a reason for Shep to go back and change the future...against Micheal's hybrid soldiers who were attacking them or something.

But instead we got...ho hum, everyone dies and the child's genetic code is the reason why.

Ya know, shep could have gone back in time and just prevented Teyla from getting pregnant in the first place...that would have done the same thing. Maybe kill of Kanan instead of Carson?
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Best.... Finale.... EVER....
                    Fixed that for ya!

It was an amazing episode. We get to see the 'what ifs' - and some of them were absolutely gutting, while others - inspiring.

Teyla - a woman who cherished her people and her friends - dies all alone, slaughtered by a madman.

Sam - a true fighter not intimidated by the odds, takes down so many with her in a final moment of glory.

Ronon and Todd - two world-weary warriors, putting aside their differences and fighting together as brothers-in-arms right down to the end.

Rodney - finds love only to lose it, but in the face of loss finds his inspiration.

And ALL of that is going to happen just as we saw it...that is, if Teyla is not found, and John is not rescued. We've seen the future - we've seen what some of our favorite characters are really made of...and now, in the next season - if and when things are reversed - we must decide which future we prefer.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Fixed that for ya!

It was an amazing episode. We get to see the 'what ifs' - and some of them were absolutely gutting, while others - inspiring.

Teyla - a woman who cherished her people and her friends - dies all alone, slaughtered by a madman.

Sam - a true fighter not intimidated by the odds, takes down so many with her in a final moment of glory.

Ronon and Todd - two world-weary warriors, putting aside their differences and fighting together as brothers-in-arms right down to the end.

Rodney - finds love only to lose it, but in the face of loss finds his inspiration.

And ALL of that is going to happen just as we saw it...that is, if Teyla is not found, and John is not rescued. We've seen the future - we've seen what some of our favorite characters are really made of...and now, in the next season - if and when things are reversed - we must decide which future we prefer.

das
                      Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        Be All My Sins Remember'd was a season finale...

Last Man was crap

John Sheppard magically travelling 48,000 yrs into the future... then magically travelling back...

NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED!!!!!

everything that holo-rodney talked about didn't happen... so if you look at it, all we had was an episode where john goes forward in time and comes back... that's it.

how the bleep is that a season finale?

this was, at best, a mid-season episode...

and further proof that SGA is going down the toilet...
                        Actually... they did alot. They showe EXACTLY what will happen if they dont stop michael and save teyla. Much better than an over dramatic threat delivered by a bad guy.

Plus that was freaking cool seeing atlantis on a dead world.

Comment

I liked the episode, however it was not as good as BAMSR'd or Midway.

If they got rid of that 'rescue' mission for Teyla at the very end, then the episode would have been truly great, right up there with the best.

Comment

Worst.... Finale.... EVER....
                            Please see 'Out of Mind', 'Moebius', 'Unending', 'Allies' or 'First Strike' before making such grandiose statements.

See also: Shades of Gray (ST TNG), Learning Curve (ST VOY), Scorpion Pt 1 (ST VOY), Unimatrix Zero Pt 1 (ST VOY), Endgame (ST VOY), Zero Hour (ST ENT), These Are The Voyages... (ST ENT), Gethsemane (X Files)
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              I liked the episode, however it was not as good as BAMSR'd or Midway.

If they got rid of that 'rescue' mission for Teyla at the very end, then the episode would have been truly great, right up there with the best.
                              Indeed. Had they opted to end it with Sheppard's return through the gate and the "we're on the clock" line it would have been a 'great' season finale, rather than just being 'good'.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

1. i know how he got to the future... as, thanks to 1969, i understand the effects of the solar flare... i guess i would have liked to have a little explanation as to why he went 48,000 years instead of 50 or 60...
                                My parents would agree with you that the amount of time he warped to the future was a bit much but they'd disagree with the rest of this. Personally I liked it. It had tons of danger with Shep being all alone and was well done.

2. i'm not a big fan of "possible futures" storylines... because it either becomes a MacBethian self-fulfilling prophecy... or simply by knowing the future has made that future cease to exist... the complete opposite of MacBeth's prophecy
                                I like Macbeth. I can agree that it is a risky move but they've done it well before (2010 for example) and here.

3. since, technically, nothing happened in the episode... there was no actual character development... what we saw was POSSIBLE development, but at the end of the episode, none of that happened... so all that trutly did happen in the episode was Sheppard went forward in time, and went back in time... that's it... everything else that sheppard was told... did
                                not
                                happen
                                ergo, nothing happened... there was no true canon character development, as the characters actually did not develop...
                                First that was the whole point. The future got screwed up badly because of Shepard's disappearance so he had to try and fix it. Even though it didn't happen we got alot of insight into the characters. That does not mean nothing happened because one for Shep it did and two our characters are now in grave danger.

and the cliffhanger was more of a street-curb hanger... i felt no suspense... no anxiousness for season 5 to come...
                                So watching our characters getting blown up leaves no anxiety for the conclusion for you at all? It did for me.

i guess SG-1 just got me used to large-scale, well written, season finales...
                                and with SGA's comparatively sub-par writing, it really isn't a surprise... just a bit of a let down
                                I disagree as it's the same writers and both shows have done very well especially with finales.

especially when Be All My Sins Remember'd...... or even Midway were more appropriate for season finales imho...
                                BAMSR or Midway? They were good but not for season finale.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X