X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. Waste of an episode.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

what was the meaning of this episode? I'm not saying it was a bad episode. I actually liked it. Seeing Teyla's corpse was priceless CGI was great, Phoenix exiting hyperspace, etc. But nothing actually happened, and that's the problem. I would rather see that alternate timeline (which was really interesting) with Sheppard instead of this one.

and I wanted to see future Earth(48000 years in the future)
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

huh i kinda liked this episode ... Mobeius, 1969 meets Unending kinda style. Sheppard used some of O'Neill usual lines (World Series Cup) ... It's cool to see what could have happen if Michael had the baby, so YES there was the point of this episode. (and Carter died, OMG, that was so ... )

All in all, was awesome episode, it did WOW effect on me ...

(i still can't stand Woolsey!!)

You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space - every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust... all things. Everything dies.

Comment

It all comes down to having no valuable opponent anymore. With both the Wraith and the Asuran out of the picture, what's left? Idiotic Michael and Teyla's miracle child? Dear Lord!

What's the purpose of this show right now? Fight genetic experiments in a galaxy far, far away. Give me a break!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
            I kind of agree. Last Man was a great episode. It was amazing. But the ending sucked.
            I can agree with that, it was an extraordinarily good episode, but not a cliffhanger at all. And the ending was really bad (I mean the CGI of the destruction of the building was really badly done.) as we know, the team must survive, so I see any suspense at all. I'm just interested in what of the other timeline will happen.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            and I wanted to see future Earth(48000 years in the future)
            That would be to difficult to do, and I think there could be just desert as well, or no atmosphere at all. They couln't do it differently if they wanted to show Earth 48 000 years in the future.

And didn't you like the equipment McKay used in round 2020 (25 years in the future)???

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
              That would be to difficult to do, and I think there could be just desert as well, or no atmosphere at all. They couln't do it differently if they wanted to show Earth 48 000 years in the future.

And didn't you like the equipment McKay used in round 2020 (25 years in the future)???
              or at least one tiny ship from the future. It would be nice to see it.

and I like it. It was nice
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Agreed.

The problem with this episode is that it could have easily aired earlier in the season and it wouldn't felt out of place. Finales should feel epic. Something that leaves people on the edge of their seat. It's hard to accomplish this when most of the episode is focused on an alternate timeline.

So, S5 starts out with Shep, Ronon, McKay and Lorne in a collapsed building. Where's the suspense? We know that JF, JM, and DH are all signed for S5. The only real question is will Lorne survive. While I like Lorne, I personally don't see him as a big loss if he were to die. Though, it would be ironic if Lorne dies so earlier in this timeline when he made General in another.

M&M just aren't very good at creating the build-up and suspense necessary for a finale. I got the same feeling in TMC. Both were bland and lacked the "finale feel" that The Storm or First Strike had in spades. It will be interesting to see how MG salvages this mess.

On a side note, it is a bit disappointing that Michael is digressing into a 2D character. We get it, Michael's evil! Now how about developing the character instead of turning him into Space Hitler. Maybe, next season Mikey will kick a puppy.

Comment

i thought it was a decent finale but it did lack the suspense...

one thing that bothered me was that in the future u never find out how it ends...like mckay says "you know whats happening in this galaxy" to lorne.

well what is it? McKay of 25 yrs in the future would have known what the situation was...why not tell sheppard? yeah so i went back to atlantis..we were still there but michael controlled everything else..

or in a good act of forshadowing talking about weir and her replicators...

The premise was good but I think they could have made it more intricate and layered as well as really forshadowing a lot of season 5 in a unique way
                  come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Well think of it this way, the last time we had a glimpse of the future it actually happened exactly the way it was in the glimpse. Who knows, this episode could be a key episode for all the series, the next season could be about what happens differently than in Sheppard's adventure, or it could go down exactly the same way.

But this episode was awesome and a bit of a tear jerker (rodney saying he was going insane was just so... well it was great character development). This season has really taken thins up a notch, it's like DS9 becoming way better and more serious in it's 3rd season.

It was a fitting end to a season where:

(and I will say "we" because it's... well us)
                    -we completely destroyed one of our main enemies, the replicators.
                    -we lost: Dr. Weir, Heightmeyer, we got a glimpse of Sam dying to take down wraith ships, we got a glimpse of Jennifer dying (as an after effect of the war mind you, which is ironic as she was trying to stop the very same substance that killed her).
                    -the replicators completely annihilated countless worlds, they were unstoppable
                    -the wraith basically lost the whole war, and Michael rose to power.

What exactly did we do last season?

...pretty much nothing... Carson's death was the only bit of hope for a better darker season. As sad as it was, this whole darkness and gloom saved atlantis.
                    Last edited by metabog; 08 March 2008, 07:54 AM.
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                      It all comes down to having no valuable opponent anymore. With both the Wraith and the Asuran out of the picture, what's left? Idiotic Michael and Teyla's miracle child? Dear Lord!
                      Um... what?! Michael is probably the smartest, most interesting and most developed character in the franchise, or atleast Atlantis.

I totally disagree that this was the worst finale ever. IMO it was the best. Allies is the worst IMO, but that was still pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post

On a side note, it is a bit disappointing that Michael is digressing into a 2D character. We get it, Michael's evil! Now how about developing the character instead of turning him into Space Hitler. Maybe, next season Mikey will kick a puppy.
                        2D character? Wha? That is something I truly totally disagree with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Todd is overused, Michael's storyline is predictable. I'm just waiting to hear that Michael somehow took the form of Kannan and really is the father of Teyla's child.

And whatever happened to not altering the timeline? If that's what truly happened, you can't just go back and change things because you didn't like the ending of it all!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                            Todd is overused, Michael's storyline is predictable. I'm just waiting to hear that Michael somehow took the form of Kannan and really is the father of Teyla's child.

And whatever happened to not altering the timeline? If that's what truly happened, you can't just go back and change things because you didn't like the ending of it all!
                            Well you can if you have a means of travelling through time.

Is it the right thing to do? well thats a whole other kettle of fish
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              2D character? Wha? That is something I truly totally disagree with.
                              Somebody on another forum said Michael is becoming a "moustache twirler" like from the old Perils of Pauline serial. I think that would put him into 2D territory. Although I do think he is acting logically considering what they did to him. But his behavior last night with the head was just OTT to me. How long before he goes "bwah ha ha"?
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                                Indeed, and the fact that there's so much potential to make him a top villain, but instead all we get is 99% "mwhahaha", with 1% "poor me" just shows the lack of quality writing. It's sad, it really is, but until TPTB stop basking in their own glory for a second, they'll never regain the quality they once had.

This finale, whilst not the worst finale ever (though all of Atlantis' other than "The Siege" have been poor) it's a strong contender. This, on top of the rest of this bloody awful season is enough for me to say "sod it". I won't watch S5 unless there is massive improvement, and considering the fact that this is the fourth year running they've churned out sub-par programming, I don't see that happening.
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X