Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller + Ronon = beauty and the beast
    Keller + Rodney = beauty and the geek

I like choice two better as I was never one for Disney movies.

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
      shes too good for rodney. seriously thou they just dont seem right. kinda like 20year old supermodels and 90 year old oil tycoons
      And what if I say that he is too good for her?

But seriously - I wasn´t too excited about it, when I saw them together in the promo. But it suprisingly worked for me.
      Especially thanks to David´s and Jewel´s believeable performances.
      I like Jewel and I was kind of glad that she came after Paul (but I missed him) but Keller became imbalanced and uncertain and Jewel´s promo photos everywhere were a little annoying. But I got over it and in TLM, I think she found herself.

He is 15 years older, maybe? I mean David, I am not sure how old Jewel is. But I guess she presents an older woman in SGA so I don´t think it plays that big role here.

I am not sure if I want to see it continue. The chemistry and the bond became because of specific, stressful situation and worked as a catalyzator for Rodney to start thinking about changing the past.
      I am not sure how can that work in normal cirumstances. TPTB can´t write relationships. They write them into time/AU episodes, so they don´t have to deal with them later. But if they decide to try it, I can give them a chance. I think they match together, because they are both a little asocial. Keller not so much but she admitted that she also has trouble with people.

I am not much a shipper so my mind is open for any possibilites. And I am not even some obsessive slasher who could complain about how Rodney and John or Rodney and Carson or Rodney and anyone is perfect, so why they just don´t write them together.
      So yeah, I think I can give them a chance and wait and see.

And for the record, I don´t think there was any chemistry between Ronon and Keller (or Jewel and Jason). *That* was forced. IMO, of course.
      Last edited by Klenotka; 08 March 2008, 03:20 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I can't be sure, but my guess is Keller is about 28 maybe, and McKay like 38 or 39.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

i just want to say i think mckay and keller REALLY worked well.

perfect match. i hope something happens between them in the future somehow, it'd be a shame if it didn't because there's definitely something in it.

Comment

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
            I liked it, but I don't think it'd ever happen. It only happened this time because they lost everyone they cared about. Only Rodney and Keller could understand what each had been through. It's understandable that they'd bond.

But a couple without all that? No, don't think so.
            I agree. I doubt this would happen in 'normal' circumstances. Also, not to be a wet-blanket, but I kinda thought the McKay-Keller pairing was kind of a too-convenient plot device to a) wrap up Keller's story, b) confirm that things don't go well for anyone once Sheppard is lost, and c) give McKay sufficient motivation to 'fix' the timeline. Other than these, especially item (c), I thought it was the weakest part of the whole episode.

Comment

Keller/Mckay are cute and dorky thus they are adorkable. I hope they do continue with it in s5.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

On paper, Rodney and Keller are perfect for each other. 2 social misfits finding a connection between them that wouldn't exist with any other people.

On screen..well, it's getting there.

Comment

The coupling worked only because they came together out of grief and everyone else was dead.

I'm much more of a fan of Ronon/Keller. Rewatch Quarantine and tell me that isn't the perfect couple. I like seeing Rodney with Katie, that worked surprisingly well. I mean, Rodney and Keller wasn't bad, but Ronon/Keller is way better.
                    Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                      Rewatch Quarantine and tell me that isn't the perfect couple.
                      That isn't the perfect couple. IMO anyway. I really strongly disliked the Ronon/Keller scenes in Quarantine. Until that episode I was pretty neutral about that pairing, but Quarantine really turned me off of it badly, and almost killed Keller for me as a character. And Keller is not anywhere close to the kind of woman I see Ronon with. I see him with a warrior, a fighter, not someone like Keller. Keller matches Rodney much better IMO, and Rodney brings out a stronger, more mature side to her. With Ronon she's more like the shy little high school girl waiting for the big strong football star to sweep her off her feet.
                      Last edited by Killdeer; 08 March 2008, 09:58 PM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        That isn't the perfect couple. IMO anyway. I really strongly disliked the Ronon/Keller scenes in Quarantine. Until that episode I was pretty neutral about that pairing, but Quarantine really turned me off of it badly, and almost killed Keller for me as a character. And Keller is not anywhere close to the kind of woman I see Ronon with. I see him with a warrior, a fighter, not someone like Keller. Keller matches Rodney much better IMO, and Rodney brings out a stronger, more mature side to her. With Ronon she's more like the shy little high school girl waiting for the big strong football star to sweep her off her feet.
                        That's the whole thing, she is strong, but she's a calming balance to Ronon. His dead lover on Sateda was a doctor, and Keller works in a balancing way to Ronon.
                        Rush rocks.

Comment

That's the whole thing, she is strong, but she's a calming balance to Ronon. His dead lover on Sateda was a doctor, and Keller works in a balancing way to Ronon.
                          I guess I don't see that. She seems strong with Rodney, but weak with Ronon. And I don't like Ronon being calmed. I like the wilder side of him, and I'd like to see him with a woman just as wild.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Thumbs up for this ship. I loved when they kissed aboard Pegasus (at least I think it was Pegasus) and I think it was just as enjoyable for David as it was for Rodney.
                            People created religious intentions
                            only to feel superior and to have a licence to kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              I like the wilder side of him, and I'd like to see him with a woman just as wild.
                              Larrin/Ronon. Heeee.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Rewatch Quarantine and tell me that isn't the perfect couple.
                                Okay. *rewatches Quarantine* They aren't the perfect couple. Hey, you literally asked for it

While I'm not thrilled with Keller/Ronan as a pairing, I agree that Keller/McKay came about directly as a result of all the death and destruction that happend around them. It's only natural that they would bond with each other for mutual support. I'm alright with McKay/Keller, actually. Though Carter/McKay/Keller reigns supreme!
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X