The ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynatnite View Post
    It did nothing to move the story along. It would have been a good stand alone episode or even a midseason two parter, but a season finale...nope. It wasn't a great way to end a season.
    You do understand the concept of a season finale right? To have a well drawn out story ending with a climatic scene. They achieved that.

I never expected a happy ending with this one at all. It was a promising episode, but the writers really dropped the ball on this one.
    Where exactly did they drop the ball because I don't see it.

I would have preferred it end with John in stasis than what we got. Either way, there was no story progression at all and with this abrupt and cliched ending it made for a poor episode, IMO.

This comes from someone who think season four is the best one out of the bunch.
    I disagree. Ending it like this adds alot of drama to the ep because we don't know the fate of our team.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
      also what were they thinking storming into the base like that?
      -it was reported that he was missing for 12 days, and teyla isnt due for 12 months... now in the time line they found her dead very recently. why not do a stealthy mission with the daedlaus in orbit ready to beam them out? i mean did they really expect to get a 7 month pregnant women out of a heavily fortified base on foot? plus they coulda easily beamed out one the realized the sky was falling... and rodney not even checking for Any kinda of safety trap?.... weird, flawed ending that very much had the characters... well... out of character.... but hey 40/44 min totally rocked
      Uh what biology class did you take? Women are pregnant for 9 months not 12. And she is far from helpless it's not like they need a special squad to bring her.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        You do understand the concept of a season finale right? To have a well drawn out story ending with a climatic scene. They achieved that.

Where exactly did they drop the ball because I don't see it.

I disagree. Ending it like this adds alot of drama to the ep because we don't know the fate of our team.
        My point is they added nothing to the story. It did not progress at all. That's why this was not a good season finale. The ending was abrupt and very anti-climatic. It resemebled a lot of season finales from the 80's.

They dropped the ball because of all the above. No progression of the story and a lame ending that's been done to death. That's why I called it abrupt and cliched.

Season four is the best out of all of them, IMO. This episode was just a rotten way to end it. Hopefully, season five will start off much better than season four ended.

Comment

I agree that the ending really let the episode down. As others have said it should of ended when John returned to present day Atlantis and explained the situation to Mckay and Carter.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Agree that the ending could have been better.

IMO, if they had ended as the countdown was being shown on the screen, just as McKay and Lorne figure out what it is... that would have left more suspense and skipped the poor CGI of a building collapsing (e.g., the walls fall too quickly.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
              how do we know Sheppard wasn't dreaming while being in status and the ending never really happen

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna say something deep and thought-provoking about the ending...but now I have to mull THIS over instead.

Thanks.

das
              sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. Although, to be a bit nitpicky, when Carter said "this is such a wild story, I have to be suspicious," Sheppard should have said "Yeah, about as wild as travelling to 1969, or back to ancient Egypt, or a couple hundred years into the future." That'd show her!!

I thought they might find Teyla still alive, but the baby gone, so they could start Season 5 with a number of episodes on a mission called "the search for Teyla's baby."

Once I saw it was an ambush, yeah, it might've been a bit cliched, but wouldn't it be cool if the whole '48,000 years into the future' thing was an elaborate scheme by Michael to get Shep's team at that exact place at that exact time? Yeah, it's way TOO elaborate, and all he needed to do was leak a bit of intel for Shep to get a hold of, and the team would have charged in to save Teyla and fall into the trap. (Plus, if Michael could rig the gate to send Shep to another planet for 12 days, and create an exact replica of a sand-covered Atlantis--not to mention of hologram of 60-year-old Rodney--then Michael has enough technology & know-how to do what he likes without having to bother with nasty old warehouses in bad CGI.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Uh what biology class did you take? Women are pregnant for 9 months not 12. And she is far from helpless it's not like they need a special squad to bring her.
                  mannn you ppl are vicious... ever heard of typos... 2 months more... not 12- gosh!
                  ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

All I could think of when I saw the ending was WTF??? I mean really?? Ending a damned good ep with the team trapped in a exploding/collapsing building?? Yeah.....lame and very anti-climatic.

I'm not even remotely sitting in anticipation waiting for S5 so I can see how the team survives and how this story plays out.

I thought for a season finale, the ending could have been much better thought out and executed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yea..the cliffhanger was pretty bad. I wanted to see the start of a showdown between Michael and Sheppard+Ronon with Teyla strapped to a table. That would've been much more exciting and suspenseful than what the writers came up with. Then in the first episode of season 5, the fight starts/continues and suddenly Todd comes with a hive ship, bringing in reinforcements to combat the hybrids. THEN, to top it off, Weir and her replicator gang comes to kidnap Shep's team via beaming them off the planet and destroys the facility from space. We wont know what happens to Todd, Michael, and Teyla but the plot would focus on the team trapped on Weir's ship for that episode. It's like a story sent down from the Gods.

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora24 View Post
                          First let me say that this was an awesome ep for the most part, all the flashbacks of that happened in the alternate timeline were incredible, but I do have a bone to pick with the cliche ending. I mean seriously it seemed totally anti-climatic. It's very obvious that they would not kill off the entire team.

Sorry, I try not to rant about things on the show, however having that kind of ending on an ep that was that awesome was sort of a letdown.
                          Do guys think that if they ended the story at the return of Shepard it simillar to SG-1 earlier episodes Season 1 or 2 I think Daniel and the quantum mirror. He got an intel and gate address where Apophis will launch his two motherships from. Maybe they don't want people to compare the two so they ended it with a that ending in the Last Man.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                            I thought this was a great episode. Although, to be a bit nitpicky, when Carter said "this is such a wild story, I have to be suspicious," Sheppard should have said "Yeah, about as wild as travelling to 1969, or back to ancient Egypt, or a couple hundred years into the future." That'd show her!!

I thought they might find Teyla still alive, but the baby gone, so they could start Season 5 with a number of episodes on a mission called "the search for Teyla's baby."

Once I saw it was an ambush, yeah, it might've been a bit cliched, but wouldn't it be cool if the whole '48,000 years into the future' thing was an elaborate scheme by Michael to get Shep's team at that exact place at that exact time? Yeah, it's way TOO elaborate, and all he needed to do was leak a bit of intel for Shep to get a hold of, and the team would have charged in to save Teyla and fall into the trap. (Plus, if Michael could rig the gate to send Shep to another planet for 12 days, and create an exact replica of a sand-covered Atlantis--not to mention of hologram of 60-year-old Rodney--then Michael has enough technology & know-how to do what he likes without having to bother with nasty old warehouses in bad CGI.)

Excuse me, I have to leave now. My brain is full.

But it would be wild if the whole thing was "just pretend"- only then folks would whine that is was too much like "Out of Mind/Into the Fire" with the SGC mock-up instead of too much like "Within the Serpent's Grasp/In the Seprpent's Lair" which was the Apophis thing.

I just thought it was a great episode, and to end it like that was just- weird. It didn't fit. It was a visual non-sequitur. And, we know they aren't going to all die so it ended up just being a cheesy ending to an otherwise clever episode.

Comment

did anyone else lol at the ending? just the way the building came down was really funny
                              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I interpreted the ending to mean that they messed up at their first attempt to alter the future. Michael was supposed to take Teyla there to have her baby. Rodney fiddled around with that booby trapped console and the place blew up so Michael will take her somewhere else. They will have a race against time now to find the new place so they can rescue her in time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X