X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infernorhythm
    Wow. That was brilliant.

The possible future was so bleak, yet so amazing. I love those "end of the line" stories where we get to see everyone meet their maker. This episode delivered big time. Carter went down fighting to the very end, and Ronon and Todd worked together and went out smiling, that was amazing. Major kudos to Mamoa and Heyerdahl for giving a great scene.
    Ronon: "I was just gonna blow it up."
    Todd: "Naturally."
    Best. Line. Ever.

I still can't get over how fantastic the Ronon & Todd scene was...it's EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to see between these two, and then some. I just hope they carry this idea over into S5 - I am totally spoiled now, and really want to see T&R team up for some more hand-to-hand baddie buttkicking.

The way they went out - together - was just beautiful. Ronon's little smile kills me...I said elsewhere why and won't repeat myself here...but damn, it was excellent. I think it'll be the scene that sticks with me the most because it was such a leap for Ronon - to go from hating Wraith, to going out in a blaze of glory alongside one. And you know he had to admire Todd - he KNEW Todd sacrificed his own life so Ronon's men could escape - he had Todd all wrong, and he realized it in the end.

Of course, it's now up to the writers to continue with this concept. If they end up making Todd the next evil villain, it'll just ruin this whole moment because I believe - regardless of the events leading up to it - this scene defined the sort of Wraith Todd really is.

Loved it. More satisfying to me than I could ever imagine.

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neomon View Post
      I enjoyed this episode. Not only for the "Atlantis: Disassembled" elements, but the use of ideas that have occured in the past. We didn't need some new variation on time travel device to get Shep back. I did, however, feel the "cliffhanger" was out of place. Episode should have ended with Sheppard going through the gate, or getting back and telling Carter/Rodney that they were "on the clock".

Agreed. I loved this episode, but the only thing I would've changed would've been the ending. It felt a little rushed, like something that belonged more in the opener than in the finale. Having him step through the gate and see Carter/McKay would've been better, I think.

That said, the episode was really awesome. I like alot of the AU/what if things went horribly wrong eps(though not always), and I think this was probably up there with "There But For the Grace of God" in terms of quality. I think it was probably my favorite Atlantis finale, and one of my favorite SG finales regardless. The Todd/Ronon moments were hilarious, as was Rodney with the splinter, Rodney asking about if he had hair or not, and Sheppard asking about sports occurences(like O'neill in Moebius or w/e episode it was at the end of S8). Personally, I've always loved the Michael storylines, I think he's a great villain and character. I loved how he came to be in power, I think that may have been my favorite part of the episode, except that he looked like a pilgrim when he was holding the queen's head up

Great, great stuff, cant' wait for the summer premiere to get here.
      I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        I still can't get over how fantastic the Ronon & Todd scene was...it's EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to see between these two, and then some. I just hope they carry this idea over into S5 - I am totally spoiled now, and really want to see T&R team up for some more hand-to-hand baddie buttkicking.

The way they went out - together - was just beautiful. Ronon's little smile kills me...I said elsewhere why and won't repeat myself here...but damn, it was excellent. I think it'll be the scene that sticks with me the most because it was such a leap for Ronon - to go from hating Wraith, to going out in a blaze of glory alongside one. And you know he had to admire Todd - he KNEW Todd sacrificed his own life so Ronon's men could escape - he had Todd all wrong, and he realized it in the end.

Of course, it's now up to the writers to continue with this concept. If they end up making Todd the next evil villain, it'll just ruin this whole moment because I believe - regardless of the events leading up to it - this scene defined the sort of Wraith Todd really is.

Loved it. More satisfying to me than I could ever imagine.

das
        Couldn't have said it better my friend!
        sigpic

Comment

This thread is for discussion of the EPISODE if you are having personal issues with another member please take it to PM and stay respectful even there

however, please allow the folks that would like to discuss the actual TOPIC to do so.

Thank You
          TameFarrar
          GateWorld Moderator
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

WOW, for all you nay-sayers that it would take the Asgard weapons a while to destroy a hive!! 3 HITS!!! So much for heavly armored!! My favorite part was when the Phoneix got ambushed and Carter crashed her into that hive....it was one of the greatest explosions EVER!!!!! I jumped out of my seat and started to scream and laugh like a madman!! THAT shockwave taking out the hives was a terk jerker!!!! It was so awesome!!!
            TOP 4 episodes (not in any order)
            Camelot
            Unending
            Be All My Sins Remember'd
            The Last Man
            I can't wait till season 5 so we can see more asgard beam pawnage!!!!!
            HALLOWED ARE THE ASGARD!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeBad View Post
              Favorite thing about the ep... General Lorne!!!
              Ditto!

The rest was *meh* really the only great stuff was Lorne in the future, McKay being so smart and determined that he not only saves Sheppard, he saves everyone! I mean all Sheppard did was battle through a sand storm and wait around for 7-800 years.

McKay was the hero here, he spent the rest of his life trying to reverse what he saw as wrong, trying to bring back those he lost and those he loves. David Hewlett was AWESOME! But um... sorry the makeup for older McKay made him look more like 80 then 65! What was up with that? Did I get the math wrong? He is around 40 + 25-26 years is 65-66! *shrugs* Also it was a cheap shot about McKay's hair, just because John can't do a thing with his is no reason to tease Rodney. Also it came off more as mean then playful banter, which is really not good, I think most of the banter between them this season has been harsh, not the playful stuff of season's 1-3. I think Joe/Paul need to stop writing them, they really have no idea.

I was really disappointed that John couldn't have hugged Rodney... don't get me wrong when he came through the gate and called McKay a genius that was great but a HUG would have fitted in nicely *out of pure euphoria of being alive and the plan working he could have hugged him* but no we can't do that as peeps would get the wrong idea. Yeah that John might actually give a crap about McKay saving him.

Anyway, this was a poor finale but not a bad episode... but no one here is buying the ending, right? I mean no one is thinking anyone will be dead when season 5 starts? Right?

As I said in the pre-airing thread for this eppy, it would reset. All we got was an idea of where Teyla was going to be and now that has been blown to smithereens! So yeah, what did we learn? What tech do we have now that we didn't have at the start? And how closer are we to finding Teyla?

Nothing.
              None.
              Anyone's guess but she ain't where they thought she would be.

RESET.

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
                I'm not sure it's all because he went missing, but I do think it's a part of it. The main reason was because they didn't get to Teyla in time.

I do think Sheppard was a cause in the way things went after Teyla died. Because of John and Teyla being gone Ronon left. Even though everyone was still fighting in their way, they are best as a team. Maybe John is the glue of the team, Teyla joined because him, Ronon as well, and look at the AI Rodney. John gave him an idea for the sheild with the solar power. Together the galaxy survives, apart it goes to hell.

I don't think everything happend because he went missing, but I think it played a pretty good part to it.
                before i saw the ep, i thought maybe it was because of his ancient gene was needed to power up some kind of weapon or something.

so, i saw the ep...

i'm not a fan of depressing/doomsday kinds of storylines. or maybe, if my fave character survives, i can get 'something' from these kinds of stories. but this one...

it was well done. an affecting kind of story. but like i said, i don't *enjoy* these types of deals. like 'unending', it was just an hour of watching a bunch of ppl suffer and ultimately die.

i don't like it when ppl realize they're trapped, so they (almost calmly) decide to die and take out some bad guys along the way. i know it's a common fantasy to have that type of bravery, but i like the figuring a way out more. much more.

ronon and todd dying the way they did was the way warriors want to go out, but still, i'd have like to have seen the two TRY HARDER to get themselves out of that place alive.

keller and mckay together was very sweet. i think they have an actual basis for a real relationship. she won't take his crap, and he softens around her. at least what we've seen so far. (including 'trio')

i've read some others say about mckay finally deciding to do something only after keller died. at first, before i saw the ep, that bothered me. they didnt' know each other long enough for that type of punch to mckay. but i think keller was the last straw. he'd lost friend after friend, and this one was just the last loss he could take.

and sam, this one i've left for last. anyone that's seen me here knows i'm a HUGE sam fan. i do NOT like characters dying, especially when they're my fave. with sheppard making it back, he was effectively changing the horrible scenario from taking place. but we still *saw* it happen, and it's just another scenario i'll never watch again. this ep will go with '2010' and 'abyss' and 'unending' in the depressing as hell category. i know she was a hero, but i don't like this kind of stuff, period. (and sam shouldn't have been the one going out on these runs. she was needed on atlantis)

so, like 'unending'; well done ep, just not fun and something i won't be revisiting. argh.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Jónsson View Post
                  Yea!, Sheppard went into the same pod as Carson was in. Did they throw his body away?
                  It probably smelled bad after 48000 years in stasis. The only thing I can think of as to why Atlantis was abandoned is due to what happend the morale was low very low. The Woolsey we saw in this one looked and sounded like old Woolsey before he grew to respect us. SO my guess is since our mandate changed to protect Atlantis and no one else more than a few left until the IOA pulled the plug. BTW notice how they made his uniform look way too trekie?
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                    This episode is Before I Sleep backwards. So much for creativity. Atlantis doesn't even have big baddies anymore.

Pointless episode, pointless show.
                    How exactly like before I sleep? Oh yeah a stasis pod is involved that's it. Not a rehash.

Comment

How sad it is that many have missed have the whole point of this episode. Building a big or small suspense was never intended in this episode. As few have said before, it only showed the unfolding of events in the absence of Shepard. Now if you dislike even that, okay!
                      Last edited by jdbond; 07 March 2008, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        It probably smelled bad after 48000 years in stasis. The only thing I can think of as to why Atlantis was abandoned is due to what happend the morale was low very low. The Woolsey we saw in this one looked and sounded like old Woolsey before he grew to respect us. SO my guess is since our mandate changed to protect Atlantis and no one else more than a few left until the IOA pulled the plug. BTW notice how they made his uniform look way too trekie?
                        48000 years is a LONG LONG time. As holo-Rodney said, may be humans on earth died out too and he was last living human in universe.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

i don't like it when ppl realize they're trapped, so they (almost calmly) decide to die and take out some bad guys along the way. i know it's a common fantasy to have that type of bravery, but i like the figuring a way out more. much more.

ronon and todd dying the way they did was the way warriors want to go out, but still, i'd have like to have seen the two TRY HARDER to get themselves out of that place alive.
                          Ahem...as if you have been in any such situation! You never know how people will react in danger. There are no born brave people, there are just some people who act bravely when situation demands it. You never know, if such a situation arises, you might not think of "escaping".
                          Last edited by jdbond; 07 March 2008, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdbond View Post
                            48000 years is a LONG LONG time. As holo-Rodney said, may be humans on earth died out too and he was last living human in universe.
                            It's possible though I'd thing humans could survive and evolve and not die out but considering the Wraith and us pulling out it is possible.

Comment

Although the time travel aspect and the potential alternate futre aspect of this episode are nothing new (even just within the Stargate universe), I thought this was still a very good episode. I think TPTB knew that no one will really feel that Sheppard is in much of danger (as in stuck/die in the future), so that part of the episode felt a bit underwhelming. Now Sheppard, like Teal'c, get to be one that knows how a possible future will play out. I would have liked to see a little bit more of Zelenka, rather than that very brief cameo, but this episode really does set up the Michael threat to be that much grander. I hope Michael is not just dealt with completely in the opening arc of season 5.
                              I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by jdbond View Post
                                Ahem...as if you have been in any such situation! You never know how people will react in danger. There are no born brave people, there are just some people who act bravely when situation demands it. You never know, if such a situation arises, you might not think "escaping".
                                Exactly. You really never know how you will react in any given circumstance until you are in that position.

Comment

Working...
                                X