Missing Rodney-Carson Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eiri
    I wanted him to tell him to go back to the infirmary, and give him a speech like::

I can’t lose you again! ...You don’t know what this has been like for me. I already had to say goodbye to you once. It was my fault you were killed, and I have had to deal with that every single day; do you know what that’s like? And now you're back, and what? You want me to watch you kill yourself and not do anything to stop it? I can’t say goodbye to you again, Carson; I won’t survive it.
    yeah me too, in fact I even expected a crossover with The Young & The Restless

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Wow, slash city.

With all due respect, if I see that, I'd be turned off of the episode so fast it's not even funny. Rodney is not that kind of person. He's not one to pour his heart out to ANYONE, at least not that intensely. The denial he showed at the end and the "best friends forever!!" moments when he told Carson that it didn't matter that he's a clone was good enough.

David's acting was clear: despite what he said at the stasis chamber, it was killing him inside to do this. There needs nothing more.
      Yeah that would've been horrible. That's not Rodney at all, and that belongs in fan fiction.
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

I thought Rodney was totally in character at the end of the ep. Rodney isn't someone who outwardly expresses his emotions, so the scene with him making the comment about programing dreams and then saying this was just "see you later" was very well done in my opinion. I guess it was it was partially because I considered clone Carson to be so similar to real Carson that all of the reactions, especially Rodney's seemed perfect. He had to watch the best friend he thought he'd lost put into stasis to prevent him from dying again. David managed to convey all the emotions that Rodney was feeling in that scene just by look on his face when he wasn't speaking.
        sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I wasn't really bothered by that type of conversation missing, infact I think it added to the episode. The one thing that did bother me though was that Rodney hasn't really been shown to have gotten over Carsons death. Remember the scene with McKay/Zelenka earlier in season 4? It was somewhere in the episode 3-5 range if I remember right. He said he hadn't begun to get used to learning to cope with carsons loss so didn't even want to deal with losing weir yet. I think that's still true and he hasn't gotten used to carson being gone. Maybe a scene in a future episode will make mention of it.

Comment

Working...
          X