Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Michael copy Beckett's memories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    When the Original Beckett died, his soul was transferred to the empty-cloned Body
    LOL.

I think the Wraith technology from "Phantoms" could save Beckett's personality, which was stored.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Did they capture a jumper along with Carson too? If they did maybe they used somthing out of that.

And I think that the human body keeps a detailed record of all the proteins that were ever made and then where they were moved to (pretty sure it has to do the mRNA transfer to the mitrocondria). Again I think thats the case. And if it is then Micheal might have been able to create a copy of Carsons brain, since it to is made out of protein.
      Last edited by Lord batchi ball; 02 March 2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I just thought of another plot hole with Carson's memory.
        he doesn't know Weir was killed
        and then Rodney tells him she was killed by the replicators
        the problem is, he shouldn't know about the replicators.
        Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
        And I think that the human body keeps a detailed record of all the proteins that were ever made and then where they were moved to (pretty sure it has to do the mRNA transfer to the mitrocondria).
        that's wrong.

Comment

Maybe Michael did it the way Steve Urkel made his clone

Comment

Well here is my theory on how the Carson clone has all the original Carson's memories and thought patterns...

*I originally posted this in 'The PRO Season 4 Thread'*

We don't know too much about a Wraith's psychic abilities but the possibility hit me that Micheal may have copied Beckett's thought patterns and memories into his own mind, I would believe a Wraith *especially one such as Micheal (not a Drone warrior type)* has the capacity to store such an amount of information... He wouldn't have had to store Carson's copied mind for long either, just long enough to create a body to transfer the conscience to...

The only real question to this would be 'Can a Wraith do that?'

...I'm open to the possibility

Comment

Wraith mind meld..thats it!!..

Comment

C:> copy C:\Documents and Settings\c_beckett\memories\*.*

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                    Wraith mind meld..thats it!!..
                    OMG!!! Micheal is part Vulcan

Spoiler:

So the same way Thor used to do it then?

Comment

Originally Posted by Joe M
                      For those of you asking how the Beckett clone got the original’s memories - right now, only Michael knows for sure an he aint talking. As for what the future holds for our beloved doctor - only time and season 5 will tell.
                      So in other words, he has no idea.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

LOL - it seems you forgot to type "run" afterwards. ^^

Anyways I think it's very hard to do new, unexpected, intelligent und acceptable things to the show. Some things like ascension or cloning have been done to death (and back again). Yup, and now they are pulling a "frozen Jack". ^^
                        Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

This is a mistake. If Michael could do this to anyone we could see Hybrid team vs the original fighting each other head to head.

or

Clone Ronon being hunted by Michael for sport.
                          Clone Shepard and Clone Mckay being tortured for info.
                          A room full of clone Teyla's for Michael
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            Ooo, I like genetic memory. I'm using it in a story of my own now.

But, if we were to go by the genetic memory route than wouldn't clone carson only have Dr. Beckett's memories up till the point the blood was taken for cloning and not beyond that because the sample had already left the original body?
                            Not necessarily. If his Carson was alive for 2 years that drug could have been used to alow that Beckett to connect with the real one subconsciously. And as far as I know clone Beckett didn't know anything after he was "taken". I'd have to check but if he did know more Michael could have said a few things.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

He did it by copying the imprints on his brain tissue... how he got that is something different I haven't figured that out yet.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                                How was it possible for Michael to copy Carson's memories? What did he do that with exactly? As far as I can recall when they were on the planet in Misbegotten there wasn't any really advanced technology that could do that just laying around, unless it's standard issue in medical kits or something, or Michael had a memory copy device hidden in an extremely uncomfortable place (and I don't mean the back of a Volkswagon). I suppose he might have been able to do it with some Wraith mind power we haven't seen before or since, but that seems unlikely.
                                Two words: Wraith Mind Meld.

Oh, wait, that's three words.

It's not as well known as the Vulcan Mind Meld, and it's long term effects are still being studied.

$2.95 per memory or you can sign up for a bundle plan from Verizon.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X