Carson appearing to Mcay at the end of Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    I take it you've never seen a ghost before. You don't run away screaming like in the movies...lol.
    No, but I doubt I'd react like Rodney did to Carson's "appearance" - that is, completely casual and unsurprised. Especially considering this is McKay, who really isn't into spiritual stuff.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      Maybe, just maybe the scene was what it looked liked. Carson's spirit coming back to tell his friend he will see him again.
      I interpreted it as another hallucination on the lines of 'Grace Under Pressure'. Stargate presents a materialistic explanation for everything and has yet to indicate that peoples' spirits live on after they are dead. There's also the fact that Beckett asks Rodney how things went back on Earth and if there was a good turnout at the church. If this had really been Beckett's spirit he'd have been there himself.
      sigpic

Comment

when I first saw them talking in Sunday
        I thought it was akin to talking to a stone in a graveyard, trying to seek closure

Comment

Originally posted by artbrann View Post
          when I first saw them talking in Sunday
          I thought it was akin to talking to a stone in a graveyard, trying to seek closure
          Bingo.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
            I head that Carson when he died (not talking about the clone) he ascended. I dont believe this theory because Carson's body had not disappeared and was buried.

Now the question was how was Carson able to talk to McKay at the end of Sunday?

I have heard before that the Carson McKay was talking to was actually a Mental Image created by McKay's brain (Conscience) for some reason which appeared to him in a dream/hallucination which can really happen in Real life.

I heard that theory was true somewhere. What do you guys think?
            To me it looks like McKay deals with extremely difficult mental situations by conjuring up mental illusions that help him cope.

Comment

They just did it because it looked better than Rodney talking to himself or to a wall. There's no greater meaning beyond Rodney's grief.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                To me it looks like McKay deals with extremely difficult mental situations by conjuring up mental illusions that help him cope.
                It does seem like that doesn't it. However I liked how sweet that was.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                X