Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's just get this all out of the way first...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
    I don't think he is the fundamentally the same person. Original!Carson could barely shoot a gun; Clone!Carson shot those hybrids as if it were second nature. Since "Misbegotten," they are inherently different people.
    But they would have been anyway, however they brought him back. Even if this Carson were the original and it was a clone that died, he'd still be a different person to the post Misbegotten Carson wouldn't he?

Comment

No, he doesn't. He has no memory of anything post "Misbegotten." Clone! Carson doesn't remembering saving Ronon in "Sateda." He doesn't remember trying to save Weir in TRW. He doesn't even remember buying turtles! On the bright side, Clone! Carson was spared Lucius. The Carson who died in Sunday experienced all of this. This Carson is just a cheap knockoff.
      I am extremely mad about this as well. What ever happend to "NOT A CLONE, NOT A REPLICATOR, NOT AN ALTERNATE TIMELINE but the real Dr. Beckett"? Unless this is all misinformation, we were lied to. It's possible that he is the real Dr. Beckett and the clone was killed in "Sunday" and that Michael messed with Dr. Beckett's DNA to make him appear to be a clone and be suceptible to Michael's will as well as make him depenent on the drug to live, we all know that is possible...

He does however return for 5 episodes in season 5, in what capacity and extent is unknown but he will so let's hope that we find out my idea is right.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by wireman121 View Post
        I am confused by something. If Michael made an exact copy of him, why wouldnt he keep the original? He would be able to drop the clone back off and no one would no the difference, and think he died a week later from something else - or better yet, why bother making a clone at all? why not just steal the original and use him..i mean...Michael already captued him. why go through the trouble to copy him and let him go again?

It just doesnt add up to me.....
        Capturing him meant the Atlantis expedition would be after him. This way, he can have Carson without Atlantis being onto him.

I don't think he is the fundamentally the same person. Original!Carson could barely shoot a gun; Clone!Carson shot those hybrids as if it were second nature. Since "Misbegotten," they are inherently different people.
        He's been held captive for nearly two years, being forced to do something against him will and his morals. That changes people. Him shooting those guards were perfectly justified and normal for someone under his situation. Clone Carson may be different from original Carson, but the difference wasn't caused artificially through the cloning process, it was caused by what he had to live through.
        These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by wireman121 View Post
          I am confused by something. If Michael made an exact copy of him, why wouldnt he keep the original? He would be able to drop the clone back off and no one would no the difference, and think he died a week later from something else - or better yet, why bother making a clone at all? why not just steal the original and use him..i mean...Michael already captued him. why go through the trouble to copy him and let him go again?

It just doesnt add up to me.....
          Hmmm, aren't we forgetting something here? Michael probably pulled out some of Carson's hair so he could be cloned after Misbegotten. So he had a piece of his DNA in his pants, so to speak.

How do you think Michael could have cloned Carson on the planet? Didn't exactly have a cloning machine lying around. And don't forget that Michael himself was turning back into a Wraith, and so were his fellow captives. You can't exactly walk into a Hive, half turned, with a human besides you. And later on, Michael had other trouble, getting off the Hive again without being killed! He couldn't exactly have run away with Carson right behind him, right?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            Hmmm, aren't we forgetting something here? Michael probably pulled out some of Carson's hair so he could be cloned after Misbegotten. So he had a piece of his DNA in his pants, so to speak.

How do you think Michael could have cloned Carson on the planet? Didn't exactly have a cloning machine lying around. And don't forget that Michael himself was turning back into a Wraith, and so were his fellow captives. You can't exactly walk into a Hive, half turned, with a human besides you. And later on, Michael had other trouble, getting off the Hive again without being killed! He couldn't exactly have run away with Carson right behind him, right?

And so little about how Michael escaped is known as well, especially since the planet was bombarded by the hive that the team controlled. Just because it doesn't make sense that he was cloned on spot doesn't mean he was, afterall, we still never found out how Michael got out of there. And which ever Beckett the team got back seemed to remember everything just fine including being CAPTURED on that planet, not waking up in a lab somewhere.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              I am extremely mad about this as well. What ever happend to "NOT A CLONE, NOT A REPLICATOR, NOT AN ALTERNATE TIMELINE but the real Dr. Beckett"? Unless this is all misinformation, we were lied to.
              There was no "not a clone". That was just a bad assumption someone made. The first post in this thread already cleared that up.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I am extremely mad about this as well. What ever happend to "NOT A CLONE, NOT A REPLICATOR, NOT AN ALTERNATE TIMELINE but the real Dr. Beckett"? Unless this is all misinformation, we were lied to.
                Wrong. None of the TPTB ever said that he WON'T be a clone. Please, by all means, find a source that says otherwise.

Comment

I posted this thought on another thread, but I'll mention it here. What if the clone IS the one that blew up on Sunday? Is it possible that Michael had the REAL Carson (Carson 1.0) in custody, and somehow caused the internal cellular damage to him in some way? Not sure why he'd do that, but it's a slim possibility.

Personally, I don't care if Carson is a clone. He has all of Beckett's memories, humor, compassion, knowledge, etc., so that's good enough for me. Now, we just have to fix his cell damage and get rid of that pesky "Michael controls him" thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                    He's been held captive for nearly two years, being forced to do something against him will and his morals. That changes people. Him shooting those guards were perfectly justified and normal for someone under his situation. Clone Carson may be different from original Carson, but the difference wasn't caused artificially through the cloning process, it was caused by what he had to live through.
                    So, if Clone!Carson was held captive for two years, where did he learn to shoot like a trained soldier?

Comment

So, if Clone!Carson was held captive for two years, where did he learn to shoot like a trained soldier?
                      Trained soldier? He shot two guys in the back at point blank range.

A 10 year old can even do that. Point and pull the trigger.

Besides, it's not the first time we've seen Carson with a gun. Since he goes off world fairly often and carries a sidearm, I assume he has some basic weapons training.
                      These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

I am extremely mad about this as well. What ever happend to "NOT A CLONE, NOT A REPLICATOR, NOT AN ALTERNATE TIMELINE but the real Dr. Beckett"? Unless this is all misinformation, we were lied to. It's possible that he is the real Dr. Beckett and the clone was killed in "Sunday" and that Michael messed with Dr. Beckett's DNA to make him appear to be a clone and be suceptible to Michael's will as well as make him depenent on the drug to live, we all know that is possible...

He does however return for 5 episodes in season 5, in what capacity and extent is unknown but he will so let's hope that we find out my idea is right.

Vala,
                        I sure hope you're right but i've got a sinking feeling that what you're saying won't come to pass. It was great to see Beckett again but i guess cloning was the only real way to bring him back, unless as you said the Beckett that died in Sunday was the clone, which would have been in my opinion a more inventive way to do things.

i think it more likely TPTB just lied to us or fed us false info, which wouldn't surprise me they are after all they are responsible for this very average season, how else are they gonna keep veiwers interested but by overselling their product?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post

i think it more likely TPTB just lied to us or fed us false info, which wouldn't surprise me they are after all they are responsible for this very average season, how else are they gonna keep veiwers interested but by overselling their product?
                          Oy.

The fans misinterpreted the info given to us. None of the TPTB EVER said that this Carson won't be a clone, and I challenge anyone to find me a quote that says otherwise!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Oy.

The fans misinterpreted the info given to us. None of the TPTB EVER said that this Carson won't be a clone, and I challenge anyone to find me a quote that says otherwise!
                            fine it wasn't said it won't be a clone, but OUR CARSON as was said is NOT a cloned carson. things like this should have never been leaked out.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there...the Carson that died in Sunday wasn't a clone? Yeah, we know that...TPTB never said otherwise.

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                                Trained soldier? He shot two guys in the back at point blank range.

A 10 year old can even do that. Point and pull the trigger.

Besides, it's not the first time we've seen Carson with a gun. Since he goes off world fairly often and carries a sidearm, I assume he has some basic weapons training.
                                I doubt a ten year old could shoot two people in the back as cold-heartedly and effectively as Clone!Carson. But, that's not the point of this thread.

When was the last time we saw Carson shoot a gun? Instinct? McKay didn't seem too confident in Carson's ability to shoot. But, maybe, you are right. Maybe between Instinct and Misbegotten, Carson received more training. It's a shame we didn't see it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X