BOO To Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
    I disagree. I believe that Michael's comment about being OPEN to his INFLUENCE, means he can only plant the suggestion. The way he worded it would suggest this. He is open to the influence, it does not mean he needs to follow that. To use an example, teenagers are open to the influence of a plethora of things, drugs, smoking, sex, peers... but that does not mean that they are COMPELLED to follow them, in the same manner, Carson is open to Michaels influence, but they are not compelled to follow it. I believe they have a conscious choice in the matter. Carson could not kill the one person that had the best chance of saving his life...and he knew it, also, as a doctor, he has a duty to preserve life.
    I disagree. Carson would have shot him in a second. Carson still has a conscious however Michael has a strong hold over Carson and his hybrids. His power alows him to influence his actions.

Because he is Carson Beckett, he essentially went to medical school, he took a Hippocratic oath, which is thusly stated

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.(Source Here Paragraph 2)

Therefore, having taken this oath, he must preserve life in all its forms, even a half-breed like Michael. He would not have killed him unless it was absolutely necessary...which it was not, because he needed him.
    What?! That argument makes zero sense.

In a similar situation, from the "Stargate SG-1" episode "Urgo" All of the team members were open to Urgo's influence, but he could not MAKE them do things...just plant the suggestion.

Simply stated, Michael does not have control over Carson, but can simply suggest things.
    There is a huge diference. Michael actually has the ability to control his actions.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
      i am pretty sure he said he would not come back as a clone or ascended, i think he lied. and i think there are other ways they could have him come back instead of some defective clone

can someone please show me where JM said that at ?
      He never said that.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        He never said that.

yeah he did, he said it in one of those featured news stories on gateworld? which i thought was weird that Carson was a clone, because he said that not how he will come back ?
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

yeah he did, he said it in one of those featured news stories on gateworld? which i thought was weird that Carson was a clone, because he said that not how he will come back ?
          But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.
          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...argate_a.shtml
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I believe (since I can't quote exactly) that JM was misquoted in the particular GW section/article you are referring to.

And yes, I use bad grammar sometimes.

EDIT: So, if the quote is correct, there is a Carson and he's all fleshy. Not a Replicator. Not an Ascended being. Not from an Alternate Universe.

Yeah to Clones?
            Last edited by Jill_Ion; 05 March 2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: cuz someone posted the exact quote and link

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
              I believe (since I can't quote exactly) that JM was misquoted in the particular GW section/article you are referring to.

And yes, I use bad grammar sometimes.

EDIT: So, if the quote is correct, there is a Carson and he's all fleshy. Not a Replicator. Not an Ascended being. Not from an Alternate Universe.

Yeah to Clones?
              Darren added this part to that article
              UPDATE: Our original report stated that Joseph Mallozzi had indicated that Beckett's return would not involve a clone. In fact, what he ruled out was a time-traveling Beckett or an alternate universe double. The story above has been corrected and given a proper citation. GateWorld regrets the error.
              http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...argate_a.shtml
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think the first post on every page of every Beckett thread should have "Joe Never Said He Wouldn't Be a Clone" in enormous bold letters.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I think clones are awesome and everybody should have one just like the people in 'The Island' That would be great.

I think if you look at the original Carson and point specifically to what you liked about the character (humor, charm, the accent w/e it is) and then look at the clone and try to say those exact same qualities aren't there then you're lying to yourself.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    I think clones are awesome and everybody should have one just like the people in 'The Island' That would be great.
                    Yes, and I should have many, many clones. I will have an army and then I will rule the world!

I would have rather had the 'original' Carson back but at least this way it could make for some interesting conflict.

Comment

he's not the same carson, cause the original carson risked his life to save another mans and he had no problem shooting 2 guys in the back.

and teyla is all[mod snip] on a mutant hybrid and doesn't care for the safety of her kid, that's why she refused to leave
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 March 2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

No he never. He said it would be Carson in the flesh, which the Carson fans jumped on and decided that he must be the real Carson, wrongly.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
                          Uh...what? CloneCarson killed those two guards that were with Teyla without hesitation, remorse, or concern. Are you saying that it was absolutely necessary that CloneCarson shoot those two men in the back
                          Yes, I do, He believed it was necessary in order to save Teyla. Carson could not have known at the time that Teyla would refuse to leave, or that during his interchange with Teyla, Michael would return. He simply could not have known.

but that it wasn't necessary for Carson to shoot Michael, the man who kept him prisoner, has taken Teyla prisoner, tortured and experimented on both of them, and is trying to take Teyla away again? That makes no sense. Also, I'm supposed to believe that Carson (the real Carson) would choose to let a clearly crazy mad scientist take one of his (pregnant!) close friends away because he needs Michael to live? Huuuuuuuuuh?
                          Michael is the way he is, because of Carson, is he not????? Am I the only one who watched any of the episodes leading to season 4 that featured the Michael storyline? As a doctor, seeing that something he did was wrong, and probably within his power to fix, would he not have wanted to fix that. He is a doctor, a healer, simple as that. Also, in regards to LETTING Michael take Teyla away...Did you not see him get STUNNED!!!! It's not as if he had a choice of whether to let them go after that...

This is the same person who was blown up by an exploding tumor because he refused to let a person die, and paid the price for his sense of duty, loyalty, and desire to do all he possibly could to save a life. Yet you are saying that here, where Carson's loyalty should be at its most relevant, he would rather save his own neck? No way.
                          Actually, according to your arguments Carson never experienced these events...

Michael is the one person in the entire freaking Universe Carson (real or clone) actually has a legitimate reason to forego his Hippocratic Oath over and you are saying that he couldn't do it because every life is precious? I'm sure Teyla will be perfectly understanding when CloneCarson tells her that he couldn't shoot the hybrid who went Dr. Frankenstein on her lover, people, and baby, because Michael was really charismatic and he couldn't stop himself from sucumbing to peer pressure.
                          I disagree, I think that Carson feels responsible for what happened to Michael, and therefore would desire to save him if he could. Would a doctor who messed up during surgery not desire to fix it? or misdiagnosed a patient, would they not desire to fix it? Hell, any mistake a human makes they desire to fix...
                          Last edited by Tupopoflungo; 06 March 2008, 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
                            he's not the same carson, cause the original carson risked his life to save another mans and he had no problem shooting 2 guys in the back.

and teyla is all D**K whipped on a mutant hybrid and doesn't care for the safety of her kid, that's why she refused to leave
                            He's not the same Carson because the original Carson wasn't imprisoned by Michael for two years.

"Dick whipped" is offensive and IMHO mischaracterizes Teyla and her feelings.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

ha ha ha

Comment

that's the way the writer of that episode portrayed her IMO, she should have gotten out of there cause of her son, NOT stay over some guy.

but yeah it's just a show, it makes for a good season finale tomorrow, but it sure makes teyla look dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X