Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this thing again to analyse Carson better and I must say, I've never seen him kill in cold blood like that . No warning, nothing. He shot them like they were animals . Hahahah....Go Carson, show them whos daddy . I want to have another episode like Phantoms with this new Carson. Shep will run for his life . Hahahah . Jokes aside, I have a feeling something will be different from now on with Carson. Maybe I'll get luckay and he'll shoot Keller

Comment

Originally posted by a-ko View Post
      i don't get how michael can make a cloney but needed carson's help for his other research.. even carson can't make a cloney..
      Well, I think the fact that Beckett is the author of the retro-virus was probably attractive to Michael.
      Theoretically spoilerish:
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
        Well, I think the fact that Beckett is the author of the retro-virus was probably attractive to Michael.
        Apparently it was the Hoffan virus that made Michael have the hots for Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
          surely it would've just been quicker to figure out the retro-virus than construct a clone of a human being.. tho humans cloned a sheep, and i guess humans are just sheep to wraiths..

-baa !!
          <3

Comment

also, i'm thinking if michael can make carson clones - i want one plz !!
            *chuu~*
            <3 <3
            <SNIP>
            Stop by in the Carson thunk thread and when you reach 300 posts you get your own Carson clone.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            I saw this thing again to analyse Carson better and I must say, I've never seen him kill in cold blood like that . No warning, nothing. He shot them like they were animals . Hahahah....Go Carson, show them whos daddy . I want to have another episode like Phantoms with this new Carson. Shep will run for his life . Hahahah . Jokes aside, I have a feeling something will be different from now on with Carson. Maybe I'll get luckay and he'll shoot Keller

If that happens, I'll be very happy.
            Or maybe not, because that means Carson would be killer and not a "normal" Carson-doctor.
            How about if she becomes evil and Carson shoots her when trying to rescue his teammates-THAT could work! And then everybody will be grateful to him and they all live happily every after in the Pegasus Galaxy...
            "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

The Plot holes annoy me badly,, even though I loved the espisodes..

The team should have disabled the damned Wraith ship first then went in like Rambo..

They let Micheal escape with Tayla.. through a stupid blunder..
              IMHO
              My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

surely it would've just been quicker to figure out the retro-virus than construct a clone of a human being.. tho humans cloned a sheep, and i guess humans are just sheep to wraiths..

-baa !!
                You know those Wraith. It's like kids. In the time that it would take to just do their homework, they'll argue about why they shouldn't have to and end up wasting their whole night.
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I loved part 1 of the eps, but was a bit disappointed in part 2. It was a big disappointment that Carson turned out to be a clone, I must say. (I think they just shouldn't have killed him off in the 1st place, or they should have left him dead. ) I would have preferred it if the guy they buried had been the clone and they then have to check up on 18 months of his work to make sure he wasn't a spy. It seems they are bringing back the good dr, but what are they going to do with him? Andwhat abt the Weir replicator - hmmm, maybe they could ship the 2 of them.
                  I've noticed a few posts critising Teyla for not putting up any sort of fight. All I can say is: I guess you've never been 7 months pregnant. At that size you can't put up much of anything except your feet.
                  Wow, I wish I'd thought of leather pants in my pregnancies - would have turned a few heads to be sure! It's true we haven't seen much of teyla this season (Pregnancy and all) but I don't think she's been marginalised (sp?) at all. She's been a big part of the team for the 1st 3 seasons, and hopefully will continue in season 5.

Overall, not a bad eps, but could have been better. If part I got 8/10 I'd give this one 61/2

Comment

Not a bad two parter, But not the best stories of this series.

The main problem I have with this is that the writers have DONE IT AGAIN! ARGH! No more Human bad guys!
                    I can't belive they replaced the cool and much needed alien element of the Bug Monsters for these stupid Half-Human wraith clones.
                    We have had enought human/wraith people, thats why the retroviruis storyline sucked. I mean this is like the 4th Half human half Wraith starting with Teylas Gift then... Ford, The Retrovirus human wraith, and now Human/wraith clones! Hell there was even a Shappard/wraith thing.
                    BRING BACK THE BUGS! All this human wraith rubbish just makes the cool and alien looking wraith look like lab made mutants, not cool space vampires which evolved from life sucking insects.

Apart from that not a bad episode, Seeing Carson again was cool, however since I have grown to like Kellar he was not that missed. So seeing him put into a pod at the end had no real effect. But seeing Harlan again was cool! I wonder if he will stay in Atlantis again? Or is it back to the mainland?

Overall 6/10 it would have been 8.5/10 if the monster bugs where in it!
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I usually only lurk here but wished to comment because I did enjoy Kindred part 2. I agree that it is disappointing as a plot development that this Carson is a clone but suspending disbelief about the whole clone issue, I thought that Paul McGillion acted excellently. He conveyed a wide range of emotions excellently - his reality is that he has been a prisoner for 2 years, his hope based on the belief that his comrades care for him and are searching for him. Suddenly everything is swept away - his identity (not just a clone but the clone of a dead man), no one knew of his existence and therefore no one cared about him. He portrayed excellently how devastating all this would be, then to find out how much things have changed, he's replaced, the leader he trusted is dead, the whole nature of his universe has changed around him. Yet still he faces up to everything, responds to Rodney's words about the essence of Carson's personality and fights for his friends.

I also want to comment on David Hewlett's wonderful performance. After watching this I feel more strongly than ever that he deserves more mainstream attention. The depth of emotion and confusion at being confronted with Carson, the struggle to tell Carson his story and why they had not been looking for him. All this was well worth suspending my disbelief.

I accept that even in the best science fiction there are times when we get an element of 'with one bound he was free' (I live with it quite happily in the shape of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver) and I can live with it here if it results in two such excellent performances.
                      Mircalla

'Never tremble with a newt'

Comment

Originally posted by mircalla View Post
                        I usually only lurk here but wished to comment because I did enjoy Kindred part 2. I agree that it is disappointing as a plot development that this Carson is a clone but suspending disbelief about the whole clone issue, I thought that Paul McGillion acted excellently. He conveyed a wide range of emotions excellently - his reality is that he has been a prisoner for 2 years, his hope based on the belief that his comrades care for him and are searching for him. Suddenly everything is swept away - his identity (not just a clone but the clone of a dead man), no one knew of his existence and therefore no one cared about him. He portrayed excellently how devastating all this would be, then to find out how much things have changed, he's replaced, the leader he trusted is dead, the whole nature of his universe has changed around him. Yet still he faces up to everything, responds to Rodney's words about the essence of Carson's personality and fights for his friends.

I also want to comment on David Hewlett's wonderful performance. After watching this I feel more strongly than ever that he deserves more mainstream attention. The depth of emotion and confusion at being confronted with Carson, the struggle to tell Carson his story and why they had not been looking for him. All this was well worth suspending my disbelief.

I accept that even in the best science fiction there are times when we get an element of 'with one bound he was free' (I live with it quite happily in the shape of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver) and I can live with it here if it results in two such excellent performances.
                        Agree 100% re the 2 very good performances. Esp David Hewlett. I don't think he's acted badly in any eps I've seen, but this eps he was better than ever. I think Mackay is developing so well as a character. He's not quite the selfish pig we've come to know and love :-)
                        Love your comment abt the Doctor's sonic srewdriver. Wouldn't Mackay love to get his mitts on one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by CassandraSGA View Post
                          Agree 100% re the 2 very good performances. Esp David Hewlett. I don't think he's acted badly in any eps I've seen, but this eps he was better than ever. I think Mackay is developing so well as a character. He's not quite the selfish pig we've come to know and love :-)
                          Love your comment abt the Doctor's sonic srewdriver. Wouldn't Mackay love to get his mitts on one of those!
                          David Hewlett as the next Dotor Who? With acting like he did in this ep thats a win for sure. Also his a massive Dr Fan I hear and I belive he was British Born, keeping the good old Dr at his Routes!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

I'm not really enraptured by 'The Kindred'. For me they weren't exciting. Second ep was a bit better. Sad to see Carson's faith. And another thing in Stargate franchise - no one can die and stay dead. Just like no one can have normal pregnancy. Starting to annoy me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              I'm not really enraptured by 'The Kindred'. For me they weren't exciting. Second ep was a bit better. Sad to see Carson's faith. And another thing in Stargate franchise - no one can die and stay dead. Just like no one can have normal pregnancy. Starting to annoy me.
                              Well, if it was a normal pregnancy, Teyla would have had 19 seconds of screen time collectively this season.
                              Last edited by KindlyKeller; 02 March 2008, 05:48 AM.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                The English guy from Atlantis serise 1 sadly stayed Dead, I belive his name was Grodin?
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Working...
                                X