Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the emotional interactions of the cast in this episode, but am I the only one bothered by the HUGE plot holes? Or did I miss some explanations for these?

1. How did Michael manage to have a ready-made Carson clone on the planet where they were keeping the former Wraiths?

2. Why was Carson terribly ill and deteriorating internally one minute, then up and running on a mission, guns a-blazing? So, he had a few stomach pains, that was still lame.

3. As someone else posted, why would he shoot at the guys on either side of Teyla, risking her and the baby's lives? He's no sharpshooting soldier-type!

4. Why didn't he or Teyla yell for the team to come help them? And I agree, it was really OOC for Teyla to not save the baby by getting the hell out of there.

Comment

All I can say is Keller must go. She is bad enough when not standing next to Carson's character but seeing them together in the same episode the sharp contrast explodes. She helps bring the teenage boys to watch, and he adds a level of depth to the show that is missing since he left.

They need to bring him on for more then 5 eps next season and if this show goes to 6 then bring him back full time. All the other stuff in the episode was fluff to me. He belongs on the show, she does not.

Comment

Originally posted by zodden View Post
        He belongs on the show, she does not.
        An opinion not uncommon, unfortunately. Beckett WAS awesome tonight, though.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by beneaththeblue View Post
          I liked the emotional interactions of the cast in this episode, but am I the only one bothered by the HUGE plot holes? Or did I miss some explanations for these?

1. How did Michael manage to have a ready-made Carson clone on the planet where they were keeping the former Wraiths?
          That's just where he got Carson's DNA.

2. Why was Carson terribly ill and deteriorating internally one minute, then up and running on a mission, guns a-blazing? So, he had a few stomach pains, that was still lame.
          Have you ever had a headache, or stomach ache, charlie-horse... that came and went?

3. As someone else posted, why would he shoot at the guys on either side of Teyla, risking her and the baby's lives? He's no sharpshooting soldier-type!
          Because he was at point blank range. Plain and simple.

4. Why didn't he or Teyla yell for the team to come help them? And I agree, it was really OOC for Teyla to not save the baby by getting the hell out of there.
          I completely disagree. I think her unwillingness to leave him behind is exactly who she's always been. A lot of the time she's been the most compassionate of the AT-1 members. 'Letters From Peagasus' is the perfect example.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

This could have been better.

What happened to the fire in Teyla? One minute she wants to kill whoever took the Athosians, but the next she is a wuss. Then she gets a chance to escape and save her son but she stays? Hello? What was with that?

Beckett is such a gem, and the worries about mum were so sad. Poor Keller really pales in comparison. TPTB need to just say it, this character (Keller) doesn't work. She doesn't gel with any of the others, and she is wimpy and boring. Please send her off and bring Beckett back to us full time. He has been missed.

I'm hoping some day we get a Michael and Todd face-off. That I would pay to see!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
              An opinion not uncommon, unfortunately. Beckett WAS awesome tonight, though.
              Yeah, he's always cool but what does that have to do with Keller? I agree with what you said about the "Anti-Keller" stuff being hard to ignore because no matter what people want to say, at the end of the day, Keller's character has nothing to do with Carson.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

That was a pretty cool episode, was just so awesome to see Carson back in action It was hard to adjust to it though since he's been gone for almost a whole season but was just worth seeing him back I liked his little line about feeling like "a dog's breakfast" Was anyone else pretty creeped out over Halling's new haircut? That and the mood of the prison totally reminded me of Jewish Internment camps = /. The scenes involving both Beckett and Keller were pretty awkward to watch but I still like both characters, should be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                  No emergency room in the US can turn away a patient in a life or death situation, whether they have insurance or not. Its one of the sticking points in the ongoing illegal alien problem.

Back to SGA:

Why didn't Keller think of putting Weir in the stasis chamber when she was having the nanite issue way back? Oh right, the writers didn't want Weir back at all. How silly of me.

I actually did accept Carson as a clone. He looked and acted like the real Carson, and the guy thought he was the real deal. I bought it, and I hope he gets a lot more than 5 episodes next season.
                  The shield had been collapsed so that it only encompassed the tower by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    Yeah, he's always cool but what does that have to do with Keller? I agree with what you said about the "Anti-Keller" stuff being hard to ignore because no matter what people want to say, at the end of the day, Keller's character has nothing to do with Carson.
                    That was my olive branch. Basically, my point is, I have affection for Carson. As you're indicating, liking Carson and liking Keller are not mutually exclusive. They're totally different characters. I prefer Keller, but I like Carson a lot.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Firespray View Post
                      That was a pretty cool episode, was just so awesome to see Carson back in action It was hard to adjust to it though since he's been gone for almost a whole season but was just worth seeing him back I liked his little line about feeling like "a dog's breakfast" Was anyone else pretty creeped out over Halling's new haircut? That and the mood of the prison totally reminded me of Jewish Internment camps = /. The scenes involving both Beckett and Keller were pretty awkward to watch but I still like both characters, should be interesting to see how that all plays out.
                      I hadn't thought of that but it does make you realize just how messed up it was. There were kids in there too.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
                        This could have been better.

What happened to the fire in Teyla? One minute she wants to kill whoever took the Athosians, but the next she is a wuss. Then she gets a chance to escape and save her son but she stays? Hello? What was with that?

Beckett is such a gem, and the worries about mum were so sad. Poor Keller really pales in comparison. TPTB need to just say it, this character (Keller) doesn't work. She doesn't gel with any of the others, and she is wimpy and boring. Please send her off and bring Beckett back to us full time. He has been missed.

I'm hoping some day we get a Michael and Todd face-off. That I would pay to see!

Yeah, I was hoping for some Todd-Michael interaction - but ONLY if Todd comes out on top! Funny how Toddless episodes aren't quite as exciting as the ones he's in, eh? Wonder if TPTB are picking up on this yet...

As far as Keller goes - in all fairness, she's not that bad...she just needs to be developed better. I liked her humor in Trio , and I think this is the sort of thing that needs to be developed in her if she is to work. WHY do we love Beckett so much? Because he was endearing, and he became that way through his nervous humor. Keller is nervous, but they just don't give her the right sort of humor to make her endearing to us. That's the writer's fault, not the actress.

Now, I usually don't care much for female characters, but I am willing to give the girl a chance. Maybe, if the writers made her a little more snarky, a little more sarcastic, then fans would like her more. Why do so many of us love Todd? Because the writers have embraced the character and are doing him justice. Sounds to me that the writers just haven't embraced Keller, and until they do, neither will the majority of fans.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          I hadn't thought of that but it does make you realize just how messed up it was. There were kids in there too.
                          Yeah it sounds weird when you say it but that whole mood really sold it for me.

Comment

I think Keller has been developed as well as she can be. We've had a whole season now and all we have is a self-centered, whiny doctor-wanna-be. I don't take her seriously as a doctor and as the season has progressed, I became even less tolerant of her. She opens her mouth and I fall asleep. Her scenes with Carson tonight were just awful. She can't hold a candle to his personality. I was choking tears by the end because of Carson and his interaction with the others, but I would never feel that way about Keller. Heck, I'd probably whoop for joy if Michael or Todd nabbed her.

Overall, this episode had lots of plot holes and I just can't excuse Teyla for choosing her boyfriend over the safety of her baby. Seems the writers either have no children of their own, or have no idea how a mother bonds with her child. I love my husband dearly, but I would never jeopardize the safety of my kids for him. Never.

Nice to see Halling again, but I fear we won't see much of Kanaan. My gut says he will eventually bite the dust saving Teyla. I'd rather see Teyla use her wits and skills getting herself out of trouble, but the writers would rather her be "Mary Sue" it seems. Too bad. Feisty Teyla is much more interesting.

Comment

so i finally got to see beckett! he's a really lovely character and the actor did a great job with him.

i like beckett. i like keller too, a lot. i think she's real and i think she's sweet. hey, just like beckett.

poor teyla. reunited with her ppl and she finds out her lover/father of baby is not quite normal and her ppl are being killed off and she sees a long dead friend suddenly alive and she's kidnapped by a not quite normal crazy dude. hmm, sounds like one of my bad days at work.

very touching mckay-beckett scenes. nice work by the actors.

i loved the scene where beckett asked sam to give his mom a letter from him. i've been very curious about how those two characters would be together, so i was very happy with that scene. and he called her samantha!

oh, and when beckett is put into the statis thinger, it showed sam's reaction first. i'm thinking she was remembering seeing jack put into that type of thing a few years ago. lovely symmetry (and ship).

so i wonder if this really ties into what happens in the season finale?... *is scared of ep*

i'm not 100 percent sure how i feel about beckett being a clone. i mean, he's alive and all, but he's not the real beckett. in a way. he is, but he's been put into a copy machine. but he's real too. i feel for him, but i feel for the beckett fans too. i'm torn.

all in all, a good ep.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Well the episode was ok I agree with the one that said the actors were acting really different, is it me or Mckay hasn’t been him self lately, I hate to admit but I guess I miss whiny Mckay. He seems like he got in touch with his “feminine” side, that’s good don'tget mewrong it seems he is been more sensitive, but he has change a LOT in the last 3 or 4 episodes, I guess this is good cause if they can change Rodney’s character that much in so little time, then Woolsey has a great chance.

And what is with you people and Keller’s reaction, if she recoil from the dude that wanted to kill her and Teyla, if she did this or if she didn’t, if she offer Carson the stasis chamber or if she even open her mouth to speak, yiacks! Give the character a chance, it wasn’t her fault TPTB kill/remove/clone Becket.

It was a natural reaction of surprise, neither she or Teyla new who he was, or for that matter who he was serving, so it was a more than a good reaction finding out who he is serving, he is serving the guy that has Teyla and her people, the guy that clone Carson and had him capture for two years? so she took a little seat back to breath but then she when to act.

And you are so in hating the Keller character that, you didn’t enjoy the character you were waiting for to came back to the series, or at least that’s what I’m getting from so many complains.

Now the episode:

Teyla, what was she thinking? Didn’t she just got injected and studied by Michael, that she is willing to stay behind and go find the father of her baby? and what about her people? She new they were there, so she jus forgot? Or more so what about her baby?

And what is it with this series that they are willing to give the “Wraith” “Hybrid” or whom ever, what they want or offer them sanctuary in order to obtain a little bit of information or help? And haven’t they learn that it always comes back to bite them in the backside? (Midway brings any memories or the access to the milky way, just because they let the “enemy help them”)

What I like

Ronon saying bay to Carson one more time, and he saying something in that regards. “This is exactly what I was afraid of”

Keller and Carson interaction and how Carson didn’t disrespect Keller because she was younger, inexperience or not knowing how to help him in that moment, and he didn’t doubt her, if he did he doubt the whole team, even Rodney when he said, “We all know that there is a big chance I’m not coming back”

The last message to his mom and how he address Carter by her name, and Carter’s reaction.

And last but not least, Carson/Rodney, again the lost of his best friend killing Rodney once more.

The interaction between Carter/Sheppard/Mckay and Ronon.

All and all, I like this episode even when I don‘t like Atlantis, not one of the best but it was passable.

7/10 ...Just because Sam was on it.

Ps. I can hardly wait for the comments on next weeks episode and the interaction of certain Dr and Scientific. I can almost see it.

dasNdanger

Now, I usually don't care much for female characters, but I am willing to give the girl a chance. Maybe, if the writers made her a little more snarky, a little more sarcastic, then fans would like her more. Why do so many of us love Todd? Because the writers have embraced the character and are doing him justice. Sounds to me that the writers just haven't embraced Keller, and until they do, neither will the majority of fans.
                                Hey she has a chance.
                                Last edited by Mack_1; 29 February 2008, 10:50 PM.
                                sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X