No announcement yet.

Todd....bit creepier than usual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was the same old Todd. Slightly more serious. I mean there were times I was expecting him to crack more Wraith humor like the comment about Teyla becoming a tasty meal.
    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
      I'm not so sure that Todd's humility wasn't just an act. Maybe it is because I just watched "The Seer"
      Spoiler:
      When Sheppard and Ronon are interrogating Todd after they take him prisoner after the brief meeting on the misty planet from McKay's vision, Todd uses the phrase "But I could not guarantee your cooperation simply by throwing myself on your mercy."
      Like das mentioned in another thread (Wraith Defenders) Todd has a bit of a used car salesman vibe in this episode and I couldn't help wondering if he was just trying a new negotiation tactic on the boys. Todd was acting humble and throwing himself on their mercy because he thought it would get him what he wanted with the least amount of inconvenience on his part. He seems very good at manipulating people to get what he want. And he is so SURE that he is going to win in the end. When Sheppard initially refuses to help, Todd tells him, "You always say that, but you always come around."
      But that *IS* Todd. Just look at BAMSR, how easily he could get himself free to negotiate for those Hive Ships. That man is smart. And he knows how to bend things to his will. I luff him.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Just a quick reply because I'm pressed for time...but this was on JM's blog - a piece of dialogue cut from the Kindred...enjoy!

Todd requests our help

This scene was pretty much unchanged for the original draft. However, the following exchange was lost for time:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

Beat. They all throw him a look.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

I hope it's in the outtakes!!!

das
        Excuse my French, but: OMFG!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just a quick reply because I'm pressed for time...but this was on JM's blog - a piece of dialogue cut from the Kindred...enjoy!

Todd requests our help

This scene was pretty much unchanged for the original draft. However, the following exchange was lost for time:

TODD: Our food supply has been so randomly tainted we have no way of knowing if our next meal will be our last.

MCKAY: It’s like a box of chocolates. You never know if you’re going to get the one with the mint filling.

TODD: If by “mint filling” you mean a toxin so powerful its reward is a certain and very painful death, then yes, I agree with your analogy.

das
          Hilarious!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          My toughts exactly
          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Thanks for posting that out-take dialog, das! I would LOVE to see Todd deliver those lines.
            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Silly question. In 'The Gift' we learn of a Wraith that did experiments on humans. Whose DNA did he work with? His own? Cos he was working alone, and so there's no other DNA available except for his own?

What if Michael can take over Teyla like he did in 'Michael', and then there's the 'The Kindred I' dialogue, because it's his own DNA in her? He might not have realized before because he didn't know what was special about Teyla, but with Carson there, he might know now. I don't remember if he exactly knew what it was before...

Thoughts?
              Spikey,

I'm glad you mentioned the bit about Michael's DNA. I've been thinking about it, too. Maybe Michael was the scientist experimenting on the Athosians and he did use his own DNA to alter them. If that is the case, Teyla's baby has a double dose of Michael-DNA. That would make the baby Michael's descendant (in an odd sort of way). If that is the case, it is no wonder Michael is interested in it! Teyla's telepathic bond has always been strongest with Wraith, not her own people. If the baby is more wraith-like, it would help explain her strong pre-natal telepathic bond with it. Of course you could argue that we don't know whether or not others with "the gift" have had connections with their children, unborn or otherwise. One wonders what the baby will look like...
              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                Spikey,

I'm glad you mentioned the bit about Michael's DNA. I've been thinking about it, too. Maybe Michael was the scientist experimenting on the Athosians and he did use his own DNA to alter them. If that is the case, Teyla's baby has a double dose of Michael-DNA. That would make the baby Michael's descendant (in an odd sort of way). If that is the case, it is no wonder Michael is interested in it! Teyla's telepathic bond has always been strongest with Wraith, not her own people. If the baby is more wraith-like, it would help explain her strong pre-natal telepathic bond with it. Of course you could argue that we don't know whether or not others with "the gift" have had connections with their children, unborn or otherwise. One wonders what the baby will look like...
                Thanks for your thoughts! Since my mind was pretty tired when I wrote that down, I didn't yet fully get that it would mean that the baby would have like 2 genetic fathers, if that's what your point is. Kanaan did the er, fun part, and Michael did the 'here's my Wraith DNA' years ago. Hmmm. Soon, we might know!

But I'm rather hoping that Michael was manipulating her mind yet again and did the interesting parts himself. Imagine Teyla finding that one out. The horror for her, the glee for us...

*ggggggggg*

Comment

I thought he developed more into a likeable and interesting character, in this episode by the way he interacts with the team.

Like when he says to Sheppard something lke, 'You always say that but you eventually do it' - a kind of fun familiarity bonus.

And I love how he cared that the team knew it wasn't him who had anything to do with the earth invasion in Midway - the way the actor executed his line was perfect. I'm not saying Todd loves the team but he has honour and pride and respect which he adheres to and I think that is funky!
                  sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Todd requests our help

das
                    I would have loved to have seen that play out. todd and rodney could have some great comedy moments together.
                    Last edited by naamiaiset; 24 February 2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Todd requests our help

das
                      OMG, you killed me with that one

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Todd is Todd. That's why I love him.
                        Micheal is Micheal. That's why he's the best villain there is. and Todd is Todd. the best wraith there ever was...
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! Since my mind was pretty tired when I wrote that down, I didn't yet fully get that it would mean that the baby would have like 2 genetic fathers, if that's what your point is. Kanaan did the er, fun part, and Michael did the 'here's my Wraith DNA' years ago. Hmmm. Soon, we might know!

But I'm rather hoping that Michael was manipulating her mind yet again and did the interesting parts himself. Imagine Teyla finding that one out. The horror for her, the glee for us...

*ggggggggg*

I'd wondered about that as well, but couldn't think of when it could have happened. As for Teyla believing that Kanaan is the father -- Michael certainly could have tampered with her mind and memories.

I'm sure we'll know the answers soon!
                          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                            Micheal is Micheal. That's why he's the best villain there is. and Todd is Todd. the best wraith there ever was...
                            Er, congrats for at least getting the name 'Todd' correct?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetsamurai View Post
                              I'm not saying Todd loves the team but he has honour and pride and respect which he adheres to and I think that is funky!
                              That he does. Probabily from seeing all we can do. You just gotta respct that.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetsamurai
                                I thought he developed more into a likeable and interesting character, in this episode by the way he interacts with the team.

Like when he says to Sheppard something lke, 'You always say that but you eventually do it' - a kind of fun familiarity bonus.
                                Yes - that was a great line. I swear, Todd was almost flirting with Sheppard when he said that! Like you said - fun familiarity - and it was great!

And I love how he cared that the team knew it wasn't him who had anything to do with the earth invasion in Midway - the way the actor executed his line was perfect. I'm not saying Todd loves the team but he has honour and pride and respect which he adheres to and I think that is funky!
                                Yes, that 'I had nothing to do with that' line was executed quite well. Interesting that Todd even knew about it, though.

Chris Heyerdahl (the actor who plays Todd) said that Todd's connection to Sheppard is more 'right'. Sheppard gave him back his life - a life he had given up all hope of living out to its full. His feelings towards Sheppard (and, by association, the Lanteans) are different than Sheppard's feelings towards him. To Sheppard, the events in Common Ground were just another adventure. To Todd, however, it was a life-altering experience. Sheppard actually taught him something about humans - gave him a new and different perspective. For possibly the first time ever, a Wraith has really gotten to know the 'ingredients' in his food, and it's caused him to have a different appreciation for humans, and their usefulness. Doesn't mean he'll stop feeding on them (he has no choice at the moment), but maybe he'll be more selective as to whom he chooses to feed upon.

Time will tell...

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X