Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I suggest you go and watch the very end again, with Weir and Teyla. Pay particular attention to what Teyla says, and it becomes pretty obvious that they planted the seeds for Beckett's return early on.

You know what? If it's getting you that worked up, then don't friggin' watch it. Most of us don't see it as TPTB 'throwing any old crap' at us, and look forward to seeing Beckett again, and I think I can say the same even for the ones who really like Keller (me included).
    No need to get aggressive, I’m entitled to my opinion. It's because I used to love SGA that I care about it's decline in quality and I'll watch whatever I like. I don't have a go at you for your opinion. Not everyone who watches SGA has to like it. I'm allowed to be annoyed by TPTB ruining the only two tv shows I've ever gotten into.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
      That's okay. I was just being facetious.
      oh ok
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

If they do bring Carson back, what will happen to Keller?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
          If they do bring Carson back, what will happen to Keller?
          we don't know but she will definitely return. probably both her and Beckett will be recurring characters
          sigpic

Comment

No need to get aggressive,
            Me? You are ignoring what people are saying and 'shouting' on about how crap it is that they are bringing Beckett back, and how crap the show apparently is now. It seems you came on here with a very aggressive motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              Me? You are ignoring what people are saying and 'shouting' on about how crap it is that they are bringing Beckett back, and how crap the show apparently is now. It seems you came on here with a very aggressive motivation.
              That's my opinion, it's not aimed at any posters here. If you want to criticise crap then why not god sake and friggin' which were both aimed at me? It is ok to criticise TPTB you know. It's called freedom of speech. Yes I think the way Carson has been dealt with is crap. Can't think of a better word. And you behaviour isn’t going to change that.
              sigpic

Comment

That's my opinion, it's not aimed at any posters here. If you want to criticise crap then why not god sake and friggin' which were both aimed at me? It is ok to criticise TPTB you know. It's called freedom of speech. Yes I think the way Carson has been dealt with is crap. Can't think of a better word. And you behaviour isn’t going to change that.
                then you must be happy that he'll most likely be back as a recurring character in s5
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                  I don't buy that at all. I think they planned to bring him back in some capacity from the get go but the whole controversy and the Save Carson campaign got people talking online and it was great publicity for them.
                  Totally and 100% agree. Joe M was just humoring everyone, saying "ok ok, get this on TV and we'll bring him back". They were bringing him back anyway, but this way the fans got involved and talking, and got the show on some major networks.
                  sigpic
                  It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    then you must be happy that he'll most likely be back as a recurring character in s5
                    I just don't see how they can bring him back from the dead is in way that isn't too random and silly. Same goes for the clone theory. They did it with Daniel, which was a bit strange but they can't constantly be killing characters and bringing them back or be like oh they weren't dead all along! It's gets ridiculous then.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                      Totally and 100% agree. Joe M was just humoring everyone, saying "ok ok, get this on TV and we'll bring him back". They were bringing him back anyway, but this way the fans got involved and talking, and got the show on some major networks.
                      Mmmm, interesting theory. I think it's cruel they made fans miss him and put up with Keller. Does anyone know why Carson was removed in the first place?
                      sigpic

Comment

As much fun as I've had watching the volleys, I thought I'd jump in here.

If one has time travel, alternate universes, replicators, ascension, and so forth, there will always be a way to bring a character back as he/she will exist in some form in those scenarios.

Comment

*Luffs Carson's accent*

So therefore he can stay. Accent guy.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Mmmm, interesting theory. I think it's cruel they made fans miss him and put up with Keller. Does anyone know why Carson was removed in the first place?
                            In the commentary for Sunday, Martin Gero is like "Well, I don't want to get into the reasons of why Beckett had to go... When the decision came down..."

Makes it sound like network or something. I dunno. Like I said, I think they were bringing him back all along. Publicity stunt? I don't think it was the writers' idea, though. It certainly wasn't Martin's, he just incorporated the decision into his 'day off' idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              *Luffs Carson's accent*

So therefore he can stay. Accent guy.
                              What about Zelenka?
                              sigpic

Comment

I just don't see how they can bring him back from the dead is in way that isn't too random and silly.
                                IDK we'll just have to wait a few more weeks

Same goes for the clone theory.
                                that's just speculation, a theory. the solution may be something totally different

They did it with Daniel, which was a bit strange but they can't constantly be killing characters and bringing them back or be like oh they weren't dead all along! It's gets ridiculous then.
                                Daniel ascended which is totally different and don't forget MS wanted to leave the show. IDK what made them kill off Frasier () but the only other people they've killed are Weir (and that's not even sure) and Beckett (well kinda)

Originally posted by erb View Post
                                As much fun as I've had watching the volleys, I thought I'd jump in here.

If one has time travel, alternate universes, replicators, ascension, and so forth, there will always be a way to bring a character back as he/she will exist in some form in those scenarios.
                                indeed. that's why it's called science fiction
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X