No announcement yet.

Cartoon background?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that scene played out perfect. It was a great way to let them see the size of the city without taking to much of the short time they have to fit the show together.
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
      Spoiler:

I hope this screenshot helps!
      Sweet! Thanks!
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
        That scene was beautiful and really conveyed a sense of the scale of Atlantis. I could almost feel the breeze coming in when the door opened and the smell of the ocean. It's basically the type of thing I'd imagine when reading from a good book about a lost oceanic city: the total immersion as I read the words and close my eyes to feel what it's like to be there.
        that's our overstatement of the day

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity View Post
          Spoiler:

I hope this screenshot helps!
          Thanks!
          Still looks fine to me.
          Maybe I play too many video games and am used to CG but it doesnt look particularly cartoony to me.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
            that's our overstatement of the day
            Right, because you're the sole authority on what I'm allowed to feel about a scene. Get real.

Comment

I love the night shots of Atlantis, it always looks so pretty.

However, it always stirkes me as odd that the whole d*** city is always lit up like a Christmas tree. Why the need to have all those rooms lit? It is energy wasted, no matter how small amount, and that should be of concern.

...still, makes for a great shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post

However, it always stirkes me as odd that the whole d*** city is always lit up like a Christmas tree. Why the need to have all those rooms lit? It is energy wasted, no matter how small amount, and that should be of concern.

Bingo!
                || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  I can barely remember the scene so I could be way off but I swear I remember the lights being on all through the city. I've never paid antention to it before but shouldn't the lights be off throughout most of the city?
                  You would think so, but maybe cause they were searching for everyone they turned all the lights on do assist.. \

AS for me, it did seem a little more 'cartoony' than normal, but i can let it slide.

Comment

lights probably only run off the naquada <-(bad spelling) generators and not the ZPM so they dont worry about it as much
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      Nope, I disagree. It was just the way it was meant to look, with lights bleedng in everywhere. I thought it looked great personally. But, each to his/her own.
                      Agreed it was a awsome shot.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                        lights probably only run off the naquada <-(bad spelling) generators and not the ZPM so they dont worry about it as much
                        You got it very close, it's spelled Naquadah. As to the lights you're correct.

Comment

I thought it was awesome, just as we always get
                          sigpic
                          If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                          I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post

Plus with the greater amt of the city lit, the more of a beacon it becomes to ships in orbit..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Plus with the greater amt of the city lit, the more of a beacon it becomes to ships in orbit..
                              Only if they were in the atmosphere.

Comment

I thought the background looked nice and yet it did look painted. I actually prefer they use a background that is slightly off and not look like a real city behind them because it reminds me that it's a TV show and it's supposed to be for my enjoyment.

I find some of the black and white movies with the hideous rolling screen shots are even nostalgic now because the plot of the movie is rather good and it distracts me from the lame scenery shot. I love the old movies for their stories.

I watched Topper on TMC over the weekend--the special effects were state of the art for 1937 and hideously funny by todays standard but I found the scenery didn't matter because Mr. Topper was just a riot.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X