This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rpmguitar View Post
    just wanted to mention my favorite line. when teyla is explaining that rodney will remember the science stuff because that's what he cares about: "doesn't that make me a bad person?" LOL I loved that
    That was funny! My favorite line was when Rodney bet Shep that he would be the one to lose his memory first. The way Shep said "Rodney!" Those silly boys!

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
      The filming on the present-day scene has an odd Battlestar Galactica feel to it which looks really cool for this psychedelic touch to it. In one scene, you can't help but feel that Teyla and Sheppard... hmm..
      The difference is that BSG uses their filming style with all the subtlty of a 2x4 to the face. *whoomp!* "We're different from everyone else!" *whoomp!*

In this episode, it took me a few scenes to realize why the present-tense scenes looked so weird and spooky and I finally realized that it was hand-held instead of steady-cam stuff. Much like in Grace Under Pressure, the hand-held camera is used to good effect and not over-used and abused.

I'm glad that everyone in this episode was given a chance to contribute to the plot and its resolution, and not just one or two of the main characters bumbling around for 3/4s of the episode and getting sudden inspiration after the final commercial break.

Overall, I give this a solid 3.5/5 and flirt with the idea of raising it to a 4/5.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

After last week's disappoint that was Travelers, this episode was a big improvement and much, much better. Probably the best episode so far this season.

The story was interesting and the characters were utilized well. As long as the story is well written, I don't care whether its a character centric episode and an ensemble one. This one was a very well done ensemble one.

Great to see Major Lorne and Zelenka. It's always nice when they are incorporated into the show.

Really liked the Shep/Ronon bits, especially on the mainland. Ronon's resolution to the stand-off was an intelligent one. (Nice to see the writers employ a different tactic for him.) Thought the dialogue was well written for that as well as the delivery. Plus the visuals for those shots were visually interesting...liked whatever filter effects they used for the camera.

My only quibble was the quick resolution. Not so much because it wasn't shown but because of how they decided to cure everyone using the ventilation system. Didn't make much sense to me, but whatever, I can live with it since the rest of the episode was quality entertainment.

Oh and I thought once they realized that people were losing their memories, they should have at least given everyone a name tag of sorts. I guess they didn't have any of those "Hi. My Name is...." tags on hand , but they could have come up with something so at least people would have that little bit of knowledge to provide them with some sort of comfort in such a scary situation. I get why the writers didn't do it to add to the atmosphere, but logically it made no sense, imo.

Anyway great episode based on SGA standards of show quality. These are the episodes that I look forward to.
        IMO always implied.

Comment

Love the introduction, very very nice! Sets a nice tone and pace to the episode. How cute, Carter in civilian clothing however in my opinion she should wear military clothing maybe the standard blue SG team uniform or something cos it makes her look so unimportant, anyway not important!
          I wondered why Sam wasn't in uniform at the beginning of the episode, too. She was obviously working, so it didn't make sense until the episode progressed. If she had been dressed as a soldier instead of in her civilian clothes then the soldiers might not have taken her to the mess hall. It was a necessary thing for this episode. Plus, she is in charge of Atlantis and Lorne would have potentially held on to that in his memory if she were dressed the part. We'd have missed that great scene between Lorne, John, and Ronan at the end of the episode.
          The filming on the present-day scene has an odd Battlestar Galactica feel to it which looks really cool for this psychedelic touch to it. In one scene, you can't help but feel that Teyla and Sheppard... hmm..
          I'm pretty much die hard Sparky/Spanky, but I so saw that.

Comment

Later Lorne hunted everybody except his team. He putted Teyla into the brig, and she was in uniform.
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

dunno yet, cant descide wether it was good or bad, well it wasnt bad, it wasnt fantastic, but i really liked how every1 was off-character except Ronon and Teyla.
              so 3/5

Comment

I absolutely loved this episode! It was much better than last weeks 'Travelers'.
                I thought the best part were the McKay-Carter-Zelenka scenes + the Sheppard photo was also real fun
                I give it 4.5/5

Comment

Great episode, I loved it. It's funny, I was really looking forward to Travelers, and I was quite meh about this one, but it turns out Travelers was my least favourite of the season so far, and this was excellent! Don't judge an episode

Originally posted by sarcasmo View Post
                  Meh. 2 ½ out of 5. Most boring episode of the season so far. Why are people finding it oh so original? It's been done a million times before and much better. Lame writing, Alan McCullough.
                  I hate that. They can think it's original if they want, they don't have to explain themselves to you.

I thoguht it was an old concept, executed in a fun and original way, for the franchise anyway.

Comment

Brillient, did anyone else spot the picture of Teal'c in Sam's office? thought it was a nice touch! Now where is she hiding that picture of Daniel?
                    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

I love the whole Battlestar Galactica feel to this episode, the flash backs and how they came together in the end.
                      Yeah, agreed. I watched all 3 seasons of BSG last week and the non-linear plot reminded me of some BSG episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmo View Post
                        Meh. 2 ½ out of 5. Most boring episode of the season so far. Why are people finding it oh so original? It's been done a million times before and much better. Lame writing, Alan McCullough.

Teyla continues to kick ass. She made the entire episode.

Well, Window of Opportunity was an old concept, and yet it's one of the best episodes ever made.

Good to hear about Teyla.
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                          I loved Keller in this episode. She finally is shown as a true medical doctor.
                          Yes it was a very defining show for Dr. K

Overall this was a very well constructed episode, with all the flashbacks and such and then how they tied them together that was very good.

And Zelenica with that pole, cracking people over the head with it that was hiliarious it reminded me a crazy monkey.

This was the best episode of the season, so far.

Comment

I like Kattie too, she's a great charicter and Brenda James is a wonderful actor
                            The thing that touched me the most was Rodney (yes Rodney) staying at her bedside until she woke now that was one of the things that made this epasoide all it was great job to Alan McCullough and Martin Wood
                            C. Edmund

Comment

*screams* It´s ZELENKA! He is there for almost four years, so I think it´s enough time to remember his name.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

in one way, i could deal with the flashbacks...but in antoher way...they do that whole 'flash back/flash forward' bit a little too often. It worked for the episode, but as a whole, yhou somethimes get tired of it flashing bak and ofrth all the time

beyond that, i did enjoy it. Angst with a touch of humor. I like how folks were broken up. I get tired of the same pairings all the time.

I liked to see sam and shep working together to solve the problem. no 'i'm the boss' posturing.

all in all, an enjoyable hour...and next week's? Looks very, very interesting
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X