Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought that while I'm on a bit of a roll Id' just say that I loved the ep Tabula Rasa...the jumping back and forth from now and then was pretty cool...loved the Sam/Rodney team...never in ship but team is good...I loved the whole Rodney/Katie storyline...I don't even ship them but I loved it all the same!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Great episode... Memento meets Firefly's Out of Gas...
      I love the time jumps and the whole "what happened" business.

Rodney and Katie are gorgeous! She's good for him... makes him just a tad more selfless.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Just seen Tabula Rasa on Sky One and I thought it was superb! Really enjoyable from start to finish!

10 out of 10 vote from me!
        Agreed. This was one hell of an ep.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          stole my thoughts!

Comment

A very well made episode. Had me on the edge of my seat. Well shot. Had a sense of franticness to it.
            9/10
            sigpic

Comment

very good episode.
              I definetly love the way Mckay can understand the weakenesses of his mind and find a way to prevent them...
              And it shows a great Zelenka too... He's stronger than what we usally see...
              sigpic
              Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                stole my thoughts!
                and mine too! loved this episode.
                sigpic

Comment

A few things I liked about this episode in particular:

- Every other time a TV show has used amnesia as a plot device, the amnesia is one-time only. Here, characters had to deal with continual amnesia.
                  - The nature of the disease - and Teyla and Ronon's immunity - was a nice variation. Recent science fiction has done a better job of dealing with the dangers of encountering new diseases, but the concept of local immunity is rarely touched on.
                  - "Do what he says" always gets a laugh out of me.
                  - The visual effects added to the disorientation, and made the flashbacks easier to keep track of.

That said, I did find one annoying plot hole. Once it became clear that Teyla was immune and Carter was feeling the effects, Teyla should have been placed in command. I understand why she didn't personally lead the soldiers, but they should have kept in communication with her. Even if they didn't forsee the stims making the soldiers go paranoid, they should have considered the possibility of the stims not working.

Comment

How come in Vengeance, when Michael removed the control crystal from the 'Gate, Sheppard managed to dial out using a wraith dart but in this ep McKay says that they can't dial out with a jumper because it's impossible to form a stable wormhole without the control crystal? Someone frakked up.
                    sigpic
                    "Science flies you to the moon.
                    Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

Originally posted by Aphelionite View Post
                      How come in Vengeance, when Michael removed the control crystal from the 'Gate, Sheppard managed to dial out using a wraith dart but in this ep McKay says that they can't dial out with a jumper because it's impossible to form a stable wormhole without the control crystal? Someone frakked up.
                      Well, that is a little-known side-branch of the mysterious world of Ancient technology, known as the "necessary-to-the-plot" phenomenon. It is a derivative function of the "goddam-writers-weren't-paying-attention" syndrome.
                      Boobies!

Comment

Weird but good.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It was fun, and the Rodney/Katie stuff was wonderfully sweet. I like seeing that side of Rodney. Just one little thing keeps irking me...WHY did they give Lorne the medicine and not Sheppard? Was Sheppard too far along already? They had plenty, it seems. I was horribly confused. To me it seems that Carter, Sheppard, Keller, and maybe Lorne and another soldier or two would be more logical choices. Did I miss something that explained that?
                          sigpic
                          Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

The only part I didn't like was that the amnesia was constant for everyone EXCEPT Sam who seemed to remember Teyla's name even when McKay had forgotten.

Other than that, great episode
                            "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

I loved this episode.

"Never gets old"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                "Never gets old"
                                loved that part....
                                sigpic