This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    so the leather with padded knee pads must be the new 'off world and kicking tush' gear

well, since sam doesn't go off world often, we won't see them more than a few times.
    I checked out the Amanda Q&A vid which showed clips from Trio, and there were no knee pads on the pants.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      I have to agree with you here! Those jackets are so unflattering. I really don't like them very much. They're the wrong shape, and to be honest, I can't believe whoever designed them didn't re-make them when they saw how they looked. I certainly prefer them off or unzipped.
      My take on the whole gawdawful uniforms. Pants. Fine. Form-fitting Jackets. Ditch 'em. It's usually women who will sit there and go "ugh" but when a GUY (aka male member of the species, who is a casual viewer of the show) looks at Carter and goes "is she pregnant or is she fat?" you know the jacket's unflattering. The problem is that the flare sleeves fall along the hips, giving a wider impression. While the jacket isn't so bad on Keller, as she's got an average bust size, Carter is larger and it makes her looks, on god, I'll be flamed for this word, but 'matronly' comes to mind. It makes me think of outfits from the 30s that were tight.

Plus, so impractical. I want to see someone in one of those jackets, zipped up or not, try to reach for something on the high shelf. Nope, gonna be tight. Plus the color bands on front and back, colliding with the patches on the upper arms, just scream bad fashion design. It's cluttered, for lack of a better word. And the color on the sleeves add to the mix/mess, and I can't help but think Admiral Keller every time I see her in that outfit

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I checked out the Amanda Q&A vid which showed clips from Trio, and there were no knee pads on the pants.
        Photos show knee pads (which are very impractical and look uncomfortable in their design). Honestly can't tell anything from videos yet but that's really a costume thing and there is a Uniform thread (albeit season 5 but what the heck).

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Plus, so impractical. I want to see someone in one of those jackets, zipped up or not, try to reach for something on the high shelf. Nope, gonna be tight.
          That's why they have a panel in back, to allow for expansion. And apparently the cast prefer them and find them more comfortable - it was they who asked for the redesign.
          sigpic

Comment

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. I loved the ep. The lighting/filter on the present was a cool effect - helped perpetrate the feeling of chaos.

Katie naming a cactus after Rodney! She does seem very sweet, but I think a wicked sense of humor might be lurking under there especially after she warned him how prickly it was. And I never thought she might be dead
            Spoiler:
            (probably because I knew she was going to be in Quarantine).

Only Zelenka was able to evade the soldiers! *love* Guess those years under Communism paid off. There's so much more toughness to that wily Czech than meets the eye.

It was almost painful to watch Rodney lose his memory. He so prizes his intelligence that see him losing his knowledge (and know what's happening to him) made me want to cry. The apex was him asking Teyla if she couldn't finish the program. I loved the scenes between Rodney and Teyla. The relationship between the 2 has been slowly evolving this season - at the beginning of Adrift he is frantic and yet listens to her suggestions and explains what's happening. It continues here with her gently reminding him who he is and encouraging him to do what he does best. Teyla has obviously been paying attention because she can technobabble back to him.

Ronon. I love him more each ep. My heart broke just as much watch Sheppard forget who he was. He tried to ignore it but finally needed Ronon to guide him on operating the jumper. Sheppard is all about control like Rodney is about his genius. To watch Sheppard completely lose his memory of who he was and what he did was incredibly sad - made more poignant by Ronon guiding him in and around the jumper. Ronon had several quality moments - figuring out he and Teyla were immune, helping Sheppard, stunning Sheppard (I love that John managed to free himself and get the drop on Ronon - I wonder if he remembers that?). But the best was talking Sheppard down by focusing on friendship. The same was that Rodney is a scientist, John is all about loyalty. Smart Ronon.

I really did enjoy the ep. I never doubted they would find a cure, etc. My enjoyment was seeing the core of the character after you strip them of their pre-conditioning. John - lethal, loyal, trusting. McKay - smart, focused, caring. Sam - calm, innovative. Lorne - determined, obedient. Zelenka - resourceful, cunning. Everyone had an important part to play.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              I really did enjoy the ep. I never doubted they would find a cure, etc. My enjoyment was seeing the core of the character after you strip them of their pre-conditioning. John - lethal, loyal, trusting. McKay - smart, focused, caring. Sam - calm, innovative. Lorne - determined, obedient. Zelenka - resourceful, cunning. Everyone had an important part to play.
              I think that's the point, that made this such a good episode (to me), seeing everyone getting their chance to shine.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I just watched TR for the second time and decided it's one of my all-time fave SG episodes, for either series.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  That's why they have a panel in back, to allow for expansion. And apparently the cast prefer them and find them more comfortable - it was they who asked for the redesign.
                  Yes, remember Mallozzi's comments about the redesign in his blog. Doesn't mean I have to like it The panel will allow for some expansion but with the jackets being form-fitted, they're still impractical for any off-world activity nah, stick 'em all in BDUs

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    Yes, remember Mallozzi's comments about the redesign in his blog. Doesn't mean I have to like it The panel will allow for some expansion but with the jackets being form-fitted, they're still impractical for any off-world activity nah, stick 'em all in BDUs
                    I know the actors requested new uniforms because they felt the last ones were uncomfortable. That doesnt mean they requested THESE uniforms which may very well be more uncomfortable...only time will tell.

Little is more comfortable then BDUs. If they want comfort, thats the way to go.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Hi im new to gate world i just tought i drop in and say haow much i loved this ep.

The teaser was just amazing, and the whole back and forth thing really made the episode more intresting then normal eps i like it when the writers do something slightely differnent.

Seasone 4 is turning into the best seasone so far i think this ep and Doppelganer are fast becoming my all time fav eps
                      sigpic

Comment

I finally saw Tabula Rasa, and I was very disappointed. After reading some posts in this thread, I expected to see Carter jiggling around Atlantis in a tube top and some Daisy Dukes. Sadly, that was not the case. Otherwise, I thought TR was ANOTHER great episode this season! I thought the story was minimal (virus causes amnesia, must find Teyla), but the characters and character interactions were perfect. I thought there was just the right mix of drama and humour. And the writer somehow got all the characters involved, which is an amazing achievement considering the large cast. I really loved this episode- it's the perfect stand-alone! Definitely one of the best SGA episodes so far. And next week we get a Teyla-centric one! I love this season!
                        sigpic

Comment

People are missing the best part of this whole episode (The Enter Key) lol... Typical techy humour... Anyhow first post so ahoi hoi....

Saw original SG Movie in the theatres and every episode since... Love it all... yeah love the episode... Ronon rocks... he should knock out Mckay more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorash View Post
                            Hi im new to gate world i just tought i drop in and say haow much i loved this ep.

The teaser was just amazing, and the whole back and forth thing really made the episode more intresting then normal eps i like it when the writers do something slightely differnent.

Seasone 4 is turning into the best seasone so far i think this ep and Doppelganer are fast becoming my all time fav eps
                            Welcome to GW!

I have to say I agree with you. Doppelganger and Tabula Rasa are certainly my favourite two episodes of season 4, and are climbing their way up my all time favourites list!

Nice post RUFFLES. I liked your take on how the memory loss affected each person, breaking down and showing their core personalities. Nice idea!
                            sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode! Best of the season so far IMO. It was less relevant to the arc than Travellers, but I loved it way more.

Amnesia Shep is by far my favourite Shep! Can I have an Amnesia Shep Action Figure?

It had a real "out of gas" feel (only whedonites like me will get that) and DH was, as usual, brilliant. Awesome episode, I loved every minute!

Pros:
                              Amnesia Shep
                              Good plot device
                              DH

Cons:
                              I forgot!
                              : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                              : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                                It had a real "out of gas" feel (only whedonites like me will get that)
                                Ooooh you know, you're right!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X