This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice episode.
    Story was pretty good. I think they could have done it without all the bouncing around but it seemed to work.

I thought Teyla was really good in this, which is funny since she didn’t have that much screen time but she kept Rodney (and the others at the end) focused. I like little skittish Zelinka. I thought the new doctor did a fine job. I thought Carter did also did a fine job falling back to a more SG-1ish version of herself (I don’t know why I think that but that’s how it struck me). The ep was again McKay heavy, telling the story mostly from his point of view, but hey that worked fine and you couldn’t really do it from Sheps point of view (since he wasn’t going to work the solution) and you couldn’t tell it from Teyla or Ronan (since they would already know what’s happening).

How come Loren remembered that Teyla was not "one of his people"?
    Ah that picture thing was a good idea and Shep was pretty funny with telling them to do what Ronan said. Ronan did a good job in this ep too.

I also figured out early that it was going to be a common disease in Pegasus and that Teyla and Ronan would be immune (its really surprising there haven’t been more of this type of ep.....I guess if a SG-1 ep must be compared to it, it would be Broca Divide). However, I kind of thought for a minute that they killed off Katie too, especially after those 2 men died. I was prepared for the firestorm on this board, so in a way I will miss that she didn’t die .....although I really am happy she didn’t. I do like that McKay has a girlfriend so we don’t have to worry about ship with him.

I was entertained like a classic SG-1 ep. So good job whoever wrote it.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Excellent episode, this season is really shaping up IMO. I felt doing it with flashbacks made it more suspensfull than if it was straight forward. It would have moved too slowly that way. I do see the point of the ending being rushed, but I disagree. Rodney finished the program to send the cure through the vents all they needed to do was make the cure airborne, so it made sense. I'd rather have 38 minutes of finding out what's going on than the last 8 minutes of making a cure and sending it through the vents. Great team interaction throughout the ep, Carter had quite a bit of screen time and loved seeing her all disheveled. Keller is really shaping up and I really hope we get to keep her. This was a great ep and I am really loving this season so far. Also I'm really glad they didn't kill Katie and I love the two of them together.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

GREAT EP! I loved how they shot the present parts. It all had this weird and creepy vibe to it. Really gave the feeling of disorentation. And the flash backs were great. I kept wanting to find out how it all fit together. I think that was the intent of nonlinear story, to keep everyone in suspence. Also, while for the first 20 or so minutes Ronon and Teyla had little to do, in the end every one was important to the story, even charcters like Lorne and Zelinka! 9/10 overall!

Perfecto!

Comment

Frankly, this one could have been seperated into a two-parter. But I didn't mind the quick resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
            Serious????
            Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Did you guys see the new Sci-fi lineup for Friday? Woo hoo!

Flash Gordon 8/7c
            Stargate Atlantis 9/8c
            Stargate Atlantis(New) 10/9c
            Yup!
            sigpic

Comment

Now that would have been much better.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Yup!
                Heheh yeah!
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Frankly, this one could have been seperated into a two-parter. But I didn't mind the quick resolve.
                  It resolved quickly the ep, but had a nice buildup. It sorta felt like when you are on a rollercoaster ride. You are on the track that slowly brings you up, and you stomach has that feeling, as you begin to rise above the ground. After that, you come to the very top only to suddenly fall down quickly.

The last few scenes had Teyla being rescued/found, while they rush to Rodney's lab to continue where he left off, at the same time Ronon has to calm down Sheppard so he can get the medicine back to Atlantis and then convince Lorne and his men they are allies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    I suppose I agree with you somewhat, but thats generally how most Stargate episodes are set up. The ending gets resolved pretty quickly, and you can usually see it coming, but it was still fun to watch.
                    agreed, but this one was simply "insert plant into vents".

take "Sateda" for example. You knew Ronon was eventually going to be rescued, but you had no idea how it was going to take place. In this episode, you essentially knew that rodney/sam would find Teyla, and that Ronan/Shep would return with the plant and it would go into the vents and... well.. bam!

I liked the episode in general, but I think that the plot could have been unraveled in a different way that could have set up a more suspenseful end of the episode.

Comment

I agree with the person who stated the hazy blur added to the episode. It did very well compiment it. And I agree with Mitchell82 that if it had aired in chronological order, it would have been boring.

Comment

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
                        agreed, but this one was simply "insert plant into vents".

take "Sateda" for example. You knew Ronon was eventually going to be rescued, but you had no idea how it was going to take place. In this episode, you essentially knew that rodney/sam would find Teyla, and that Ronan/Shep would return with the plant and it would go into the vents and... well.. bam!

I liked the episode in general, but I think that the plot could have been unraveled in a different way that could have set up a more suspenseful end of the episode.
                        It definitely would have made for a perfect two-parter.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

ep was good but I really hate the time frame jumping. Found it rather distracting. Wish there was less Stargate Rodney...though DH did a great job.

It's odd seeing Sam reduced to a supporting character role--I felt that she should have had more of a role in this ep. Especially since she's replacing Weir and now facing a medical crises where she won't remember who she is.

Dr. Keller did rather well--but I would have loved to have seen Beckett in that same situation--same with Weir.

Major Lorrin showed potential of having a very interesting story arc and so did Zelenka. Zelenka should have had a huge role since he had the crystal. Not really enough sheppard in this as well. The ep could have been a 2 parter for sure.

Over all it was good though
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

It resolved quickly the ep, but had a nice buildup. It sorta felt like when you are on a rollercoaster ride. You are on the track that slowly brings you up, and you stomach has that feeling, as you begin to rise above the ground. After that, you come to the very top only to suddenly fall down quickly.

The last few scenes had Teyla being rescued/found, while they rush to Rodney's lab to continue where he left off, at the same time Ronon has to calm down Sheppard so he can get the medicine back to Atlantis and then convince Lorne and his men they are allies.
                            I love episode like that. I still give it a 4/5 though. I found Lifeline and Travelers more entertaining, and this one I felt was on par with Adrift.

Comment

I loved it! Lots of Lorne! Lots of Zelenka!
                              Great to see Zelenka, Carter and McKay hiding from Lorne and Co.
                              Teyla was wonderful. She kept Rodney and everyone else focused.
                              Sweet Ronon/Shep scene where Ronon was trying to remind Shep about their friendship and all that they'd been through.
                              Loved Shep's concern for Rodney at the end....the way he quickly looked around the infirmary and said, "Where's McKay?".
                              I like Katie. She and Rodney are adorable together.
                              Finally, Keller was good too...she must've been terrified---forgetting types of medication/amnts. of medication when people's lives were in her hands. Scary stuff. Great episode!

Wilson3Girl

Comment

I love episode like that. I still give it a 4/5 though. I found Lifeline and Travelers more entertaining, and this one I felt was on par with Adrift.
                                I agree there. I would uptick the ep to like a 4.5/5 only because that scene with Rodney and Katie was really touching. It shows how much Rodney can really care for someone.........and this folks........ is character development, imo! Woo hoo!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X