X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    How rude! Geez...

Just because the Athosians are a nomadic people doesn't necessarily mean that their culture is NOT advanced and/or civilized - and/or uneducated.

That's merely an assumption on your part.

(PS - Please reconsider any plans of joining the US State Dept. as a diplomat. The US has enough problems in that area already.)

I've always thought of Teyla to the Atlantis team as similar to Sacajawea and the Lewis & Clark Expedition. Sacajawea came from a totally different background, education, culture -- yet it was Sacajawea who many times saved the Lewis & Clark Expedition from certain death with her knowledge of the indigenous peoples, the terrain, and the local customs.

Morjana
    THANK YOU!
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I see Jacob and Teal'c but who's in the red frame? Daniel mabey?
      I think it's Cassie in the red frame.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        <snip>Edit: I knew I was forgetting something.... Why is Carter running around like a civilian? If she's supposed to be military, she should at least be wearing the right outfit, and please leave that cleavage at home...
        I'm not sure why or even if Sam was wearing civvies. Perhaps, as someone already said, she was off duty when the situation was brought to her attention. Perhaps she was wearing the uniform pants and shirt, just not the jacket (as someone else mentioned). Weir often went around in just her uniform pants and shirt without the jacket and I don't recall anyone getting upset about it.

Sam is military, but she only wore a military uniform in the first three episodes. Since she took command of Atlantis, she has worn the Atlantis uniform. Therefore, I suspect she is following the dress code rules that apply to the international Atlantis team members, not the U.S. Military. As Atlantis is an international project, perhaps TPTB thought it would be best that Sam wasn't dressed in a uniform that represents one country's military. Just a guess.

I didn't even notice Sam's cleavage in this ep. But then again, I wasn't really looking in that general area. Did anyone else think it was too "in your face"? I also don't recall anyone complaining about Liz's cleavage in the past and her shirts were just as low cut as the one Sam wore in this ep. So I guess I'm confused as to why this is such an issue.

Anyways, I'm afraid she can't "leave [it] at home" b/c it's part of her body and I don't see her getting breast reduction surgery anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          I see Jacob and Teal'c but who's in the red frame? Daniel mabey?
          The one in the red frame is Cassie, Janet's daughter. Daniel is to the lefte of her.. so to speak.

Okay, I've just wached TR and here's my thought on it...

Never during the entire episode I had the feeling I was watching something exciting...never... I wasn't even interested in what had happened or what was going to happen. I had the feeling, it was a bad fanfic. I even had the feeling there was some serious plotholing going on... but I guess that was just part of the episode.
          What gaping plot holes? I wondered about the codes to the brig, and maybe leaving Lorne out in the open... but gaping?

And I think I was kind of excited to watch it, though maybe I shouldn't have. It disappointed me.

I smiled/chuckled three times:
          When Teyla is helping Rodney and she asks him the circle-diameter-thing. The second time when Rodney, Radek and Carter turn to her and wonder who she means by Colonel Sheppard. (see I chuckled with a scene that had Carter, I'm making progress) And the third time when Ronon and John are in the jumper bay with Lorne and his men.
          Well done FH. I'm proud of you that you didn't recall or FF!

The lack of Teyla starts to work on my nerves, and Ronon was pretty much forgotten as well. I hope this big Teyla-arc comes soon, cause Teyla is pretty much the only reason why I'm still watching this ship-wreck.
          I liked her part in this episode, got whumper to which is always an added bonus, but for cryin' out loud stop forgetting about her until the very end.

Edit: I knew I was forgetting something.... Why is Carter running around like a civilian? If she's supposed to be military, she should at least be wearing the right outfit, and please leave that cleavage at home...
          See, now I saw lots of Teyla stuff in this, she played an important part, giving info to Sam, helping Rodney, trying to convince Lorne who was good. Getting Rodney back on track, fighting with the guards.. so forgotten? Nope, not in this one. And Ronon was in lots of scenes, he mentioned about his childhood ailment went and helped get the medicines, offered his own blood, went back to check on Keller. Contributed with the teams in rounding people up. Shot Shep, then did his runner bit, and convinced Shep not to shoot him. He had a great line of "That just never gets old!" So, again, sorry FH I don't think he was neglected at all
          Also annoying was the dreamlike effect when we're watching the 'present' scenes... It added a little extra yes but it got a bit annoying towards the end.

FH you never mentioned anything about not enjoying the cleavage when it was on Teyla or Kate.

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          How rude! Geez...

Just because the Athosians are a nomadic people doesn't necessarily mean that their culture is NOT advanced and/or civilized - and/or uneducated.

That's merely an assumption on your part.

(PS - Please reconsider any plans of joining the US State Dept. as a diplomat. The US has enough problems in that area already.)

I've always thought of Teyla to the Atlantis team as similar to Sacajawea and the Lewis & Clark Expedition. Sacajawea came from a totally different background, education, culture -- yet it was Sacajawea who many times saved the Lewis & Clark Expedition from certain death with her knowledge of the indigenous peoples, the terrain, and the local customs.

Morjana
          Well said. Sometimes I think people who are not technicological advanced have nothing to offer. Given how long they've managed to survive in the PG, and the knowledge of the area, medicines, trading, friendship, honor, trust and integrity... hmmm maybe they were right and don't have anything to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Gosh, I thought Sam was in uniform?!?!? I'll have to watch the episode again. I thought she had on the Atlantis pants and shirt, just not the jacket.
            i actually thought that too. (strategically leaving off the jacket)

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
              Therefore, I suspect she is following the dress code rules that apply to the international Atlantis team members, not the U.S. Military. As Atlantis is an international project, perhaps TPTB thought it would be best that Sam wasn't dressed in a uniform that represents one country's military.
              In that case she should stick to the Trek-uniform they're wearing these days.

I didn't even notice Sam's cleavage in this ep. But then again, I wasn't really looking in that general area. Did anyone else think it was too "in your face"? I also don't recall anyone complaining about Liz's cleavage in the past and her shirts were just as low cut as the one Sam wore in this ep.
              On the first part... probably not since you all know I'm no Carter-fan so in my case it's probably 'in my face because it's Carter'...and the camera just happens to be on that particular level at the time. It'll probably be just me...

On the Weir-part...
              Don't shoot me here... But as I recall correctly, there was only one time that Elizabeth's zipper went extremely low, and that was in Irresistable (the first of the two Irr-episodes).

Anyways, I'm afraid she can't "leave [it] at home" b/c it's part of her body and I don't see her getting breast reduction surgery anytime soon.
              That wasn't exactly what I meant, I meant it in the way as pull something on that doesn't show. If one could leave their assets at home on occasion, I know quite a few members of the female race who would be happy with that little less weight.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
              What gaping plot holes? I wondered about the codes to the brig, and maybe leaving Lorne out in the open... but gaping?
              That's why I also mentioned that it could possibly be sorta part of the episode. I don't know. It was just a feeling...

Well done FH. I'm proud of you that you didn't recall or FF!
              I FF through the intro, which doesn't always go well. And I edit Carter (and Keller) out, remember. Though I watch the entire episodes, and keep them too.

See, now I saw lots of Teyla stuff in this, she played an important part, giving info to Sam, helping Rodney, trying to convince Lorne who was good. Getting Rodney back on track, fighting with the guards.. so forgotten?
              And I still felt it was not enough. She's a frakkin' main character with the amount of screentime reserved for secondaries such as Kate.

And Ronon was in lots of scenes, he mentioned about his childhood ailment went and helped get the medicines, offered his own blood, went back to check on Keller. Contributed with the teams in rounding people up. Shot Shep, then did his runner bit, and convinced Shep not to shoot him. He had a great line of "That just never gets old!" So, again, sorry FH I don't think he was neglected at all
              In the short amount of time they gave him time on screen, yes we did learn quite a bit. Yet, I still felt I was watching the Rodney McKay-show, with an added dose of Radek, a little bit Sheppard (he had to lay low after Travelers it seemed), some Keller and Carter to spice things up. And a pinch of Lorne.

Probably again just me...

FH you never mentioned anything about not enjoying the cleavage when it was on Teyla or Kate.
              Then you haven't been watching well. There was never any cleavage to be seen with Kate. And I do find Teyla's black T-shirt (which she wore in Sateda) one that she should toss out and never wear again...cause it's not doing her any good. Personally, I hope never to see that "thing" ever again. Not at all tasteful.

Also, I don't find AT to be particularly attractive, so maybe another reason why I find it to be ... in the way (can't think of another word for annoying).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

brilliant episode, i love the things their coming up with now, this just got you interested straight from the start, and i was worried katie was going to die at the end of the episode, although it was a bit odd how dr keller said she was fighting it, and like 2 seconds later katie wakes up and seems fine.
                sigpic

Comment

Ok episode. This ep confirms it to me that I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO missing Beckett. Sorry, Keller's as charismatic as the fluff on the hospital beds.

I liked the story line and the dreamy like effect. Rodney, of course stole the show. I was a little bored in some places, probably muttering under my breath that the Carson/McKay banter was definitely needed.

Best line: Dex after shooting Sheppard ..he smiles and says "Never gets old".

I cracked up.

Oh and to add, congrats to Zach Selwyn. I guess doing a rap to get you on the show works!!! You did well ...now if only I could rap.
                  Last edited by Yay4CarsonBeckett; 03 November 2007, 05:13 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

On the Weir-part...
                    Don't shoot me here... But as I recall correctly, there was only one time that Elizabeth's zipper went extremely low, and that was in Irresistable (the first of the two Irr-episodes).
                    I have to say it's not a thing I really notice to be honest. I know a few (if not all) of the women either have their jackets open or zipped just below bust level, but for me I think it's more to do with a comfort thing? *shrugs* Didn't Mr M say that it's up to the actors to decide about how far down the zips go... *tries not to think of Shep's flies being down*

Oh dear there really is no hope for me.

That wasn't exactly what I meant, I meant it in the way as pull something on that doesn't show. If one could leave their assets at home on occasion, I know quite a few members of the female race who would be happy with that little less weight.
                    How the heck do you leave your assets at home? Answers on a postcard please as I could do with the tips! Note I did say TIPS! The other I have plenty of thanks.

That's why I also mentioned that it could possibly be sorta part of the episode. I don't know. It was just a feeling...
                    Those two things were the only thing I spotted... well a friend spotted and I just went... "Oh yeah."

And I still felt it was not enough. She's a frakkin' main character with the amount of screentime reserved for secondaries such as Kate.

In the short amount of time they gave him time on screen, yes we did learn quite a bit. Yet, I still felt I was watching the Rodney McKay-show, with an added dose of Radek, a little bit Sheppard (he had to lay low after Travelers it seemed), some Keller and Carter to spice things up. And a pinch of Lorne.
                    I know, and a lot of people have said that she's been under utilised even TPTB have said (overtly or not I can't remember) But they have said certain characters need bringing to the foreground. I disagree that she wasn't used effectively in this, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. I know with Teyla's arc, there should be some really good stuff for her, which i'm looking forward to. I think this was very much a balanced ep, and I didn't think it was overtly heavy on McKay as some we've seen.

Then you haven't been watching well. There was never any cleavage to be seen with Kate. And I do find Teyla's black T-shirt (which she wore in Sateda) one that she should toss out and never wear again...cause it's not doing her any good. Personally, I hope never to see that "thing" ever again. Not at all tasteful.

Also, I don't find AT to be particularly attractive, so maybe another reason why I find it to be ... in the way (can't think of another word for annoying).
                    What?? No cleavage. FH have you not been paying close attention!

OT DG Pic - FH you might want to sit down before viewing.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      *screams* It´s ZELENKA! He is there for almost four years, so I think it´s enough time to remember his name.
                      Aw, sweetie some folks don't care, can't spell or don't care to bother to check the spelling, it is nothing personal.

I liked this episode, it did as Joe M referred to feel different from other SGA eps, which is a bit of a pity for Joe M because if this is a one off; then we go straight back to the "normal" SGA eps then what have they accomplished? They are just teasing us with how good the show could be only to throw up more mediocre eps in the remainder of the season. *shrugs*

Good things:

Keller was spot on, I was also glad Carter seemed (could be ATs acting) to almost doubt Keller when she praised her (in the scene with Sheppard) that to me rings true as Keller is not known to Carter the way she is to the rest of the TEAM and Keller still has to prove herself in many ways. But I think given what she was confronted with she did a great job, it was kind of sad to see her succumb to the virus by losing her memory like everyone else.

Carter was used well, she was not so front and centre, even when she was off finding Teyla with Rodney she still seemed to be somehow in the background. Understated. It was nice to see.

Sheppard, whom I have had loads of problems with was great here, LOL I really loved Ronon shooting him then tying him up. Been wanting to do that for ages myself! *ducks*

No he was good in this one.

Teyla, yay! She had a lot of dialogue, used it well and she saved the day in more ways then one. Honestly when was the last time Teyla really saved them? (yeah Ronon did the leg work but still...) And it was nice to see Ronon and Teyla talking/discussing things. So rare for that to happen on the show it stood out for me, even though it was very short. the same with the way Teyla talked with Rodney, although for me they have always had a good relationship. I think Rodney respects her even more then he is frightened of her.

Ronon. He was less moronic, I could actually understand him for a change. He also plays so well off Sheppard. They need more scenes where they talk to one and other instead of just shooting peeps. They have a unique friendship.

Lorne was great! I do love Lorne, I think the whole military "them v us" wouldn't have worked without Lorne in this episode. As a viewer I trust Lorne so I knew it was the virus and not Lorne thinking those things, there were a few times when I really was suspending disbelief, no one was killed by the military? All the guns remained on stun? Yeah right that seems like the military I know and distrust in the RW. Whatever they are in space if I can buy that...

Radek ZELENKA, Dr was brilliantly used. He was just the right character to use in that situation and David N did a great job as usual.

Rodney McKAY, Dr what can I say, David Hewlett once again proved to me why I am still watching this show after 3 season of wasted opportunities. He is the only reason for me to watch, when the bad plots, the pathetic excuse for dialogue and some questionable development or lack thereof is all there seems to be to SGA now. Along comes Mr Hewlett *g* with his brilliant take on scenes, his ability to make drivel seem like Shakespeare... well Oscar Wilde anyway I just love this character to death!

Bad things: Katie Brown. *sigh* Back to the FF button. I was so hoping Weir leaving had ended that.

And the whole military thing of no shootings/deaths still seems unrealistic to me.

Comment

*tries not to think of Shep's flies being down*

Oh dear there really is no hope for me.
                        *snort* Knowing thyself is the beginning of all wisdom.

How the heck do you leave your assets at home? Answers on a postcard please as I could do with the tips! Note I did say TIPS! The other I have plenty of thanks.
                        How should I know? I don't have any issues with that particular part of my body. So, sorry, can't help you there.

Those two things were the only thing I spotted... well a friend spotted and I just went... "Oh yeah."
                        See, now you have me all confused...

I know with Teyla's arc, there should be some really good stuff for her, which i'm looking forward to.
                        It better happen sooner than later then...

What?? No cleavage. FH have you not been paying close attention!

OT DG Pic - FH you might want to sit down before viewing.
                        Spoiler:

*muffled inward talking to self*

Yes, that... That was cleavage I guess.... And frak, that didn't go unnoticed on second viewing (not so much on first, which Carter's did) by yours truly. I'm probably a lost cause on that too... Don't even dare answer that!

But she never had shirt-cleavage. I wonder who choose that particular night outfit. *ponders*
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          After the preview of the new episode, it shows a pic of the shows and times. You can ask anyone here who watched the ep live, probably saw it also.
                          Thanks to you and Gate Gal for clearing that up. I actually watched it live twice, and just didn't catch that at all. Good news! I wonder what season they will be showing?

Comment

Originally posted by beneaththeblue View Post
                            Thanks to you and Gate Gal for clearing that up. I actually watched it live twice, and just didn't catch that at all. Good news! I wonder what season they will be showing?
                            It would seem it is a reair of the previous Season 4 SGA ep. Which next week, the 9pm slot would be Tabula Rasa. Morjana posted that in this thread, it was listed on TV guide.

It's good because the show will make more money for the network hopefully, being in two time slots.
                            sigpic

Comment

In that case she should stick to the Trek-uniform they're wearing these days.
                              Mystery solved. Sam was wearing her Atlantis uniform in the episode. She was just not wearing her jacket (something Weir often went without as well).

Doppelganger:

Doppelganger cap courtesy of Jenny J

Tabula Rasa:

If you look carefully, you will see her grey pants are the same in both pictures, as is the shirt. The only difference is that she is not wearing the jacket in the picture from TR.

And frankly, Sam's shirt is not really much lower cut or tighter than some of the t-shirts Elizabeth wore in seasons 2+3. But I don't have a problem with cleavage or lack of cleavage in general.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

The Carpenter
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by The_Carpenter ?
                                Brillient, did anyone else spot the picture of Teal'c in Sam's office? thought it was a nice touch! Now where is she hiding that picture of Daniel?

Also Daniel's photo is in her office, its in the scene when Dr K. Tells Sam there is a quarantine situation in the infirmary, watch Sam's shot, his photo is on the right side ?
                                Jack’s photo is next to Tealc’s .
                                FoolishPleasure
                                Why did Rodney put Teyla's pic on his computer instead of Ronon? Because Ronon had gone to the mainland and by that time, Rodney probably forgot he even existed, plus Teyla had been next to him the whole time - got chased by the soldiers and Rodney still remembered that she was important.

Why did I like Teyla here, but not previously? Probably because we've seen so much of Teyla just standing around as window dressing, or swinging sticks, or trying to be leaderly while wearing an "I Dream of Jeannie" outfit (like I'm going to take THAT seriously). Here we saw her in REAL clothing that looked nice on her, and we saw her treating an obviously confused Rodney with patience, respect, and maturity that we rarely see in her.
                                Yeap! each of them took a roll on covering the other’s back, cause they were the only ones not forgetting what was happening to their fellow comrades.
                                Luvstarsg8sg 1
                                I liked this episode but why do they always bring every storyline back to rodney? This could have been a perfect time to add some depth to teylas and Ronons characters. I love the show and will watch till the end but having rodney as the center of EVERY plot is frustrating.

CARTER IS SMARTER THAN RODNEY LET HER BE A SCIENTIST!!
                                Just because she is incharge doesnt mean she cant do anything!!
                                Since Rodney is the far more scientist on the Atlantis expedition it’s on his hands to deal with this kind of situations, he got in charge of the project cause is his job to do, since Sheppard had to go to the mainland to find the plant, taking Ronon with him so Ronon could help him on remembering what he is doing. Same thing with Teyla and Rodney, he explain to her what was he going to do to distribute the “medicine” plant to all the ones affected by the illness, Carter can’t take Mckay’s place, she was dealing with what was going on in the city and her roll there is as a leader not scientist, but I would love to see her doing her old stuff.
                                IMO Carter and Rodney had strong "smarterness" in diferent ways, they both know what they are doing, only diference is Mckay some times gets anoying with his attitude.

Callie
                                Was that really a photo of Teal'c?! My (cough)<snip>(cough) wasn't very high quality this time but I didn't think it was him - I wondered if it was a young picture of Jacob Carter. But if she's got a photo of Daniel as well, perhaps it is Teal'c.
                                Yes it is but..Didn’t any body notice the one of Jack? It is next to Teal’c’s, he has a black suit and bow tie on.

Funnyquote
                                Ronon: You can fly this thing is in your blood…literally
                                Sheppard: Shepp looks at him like what?
                                sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X