This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    *screams* It´s ZELENKA! He is there for almost four years, so I think it´s enough time to remember his name.
    Take it down a noch.

Some of us are just very bad at spelling, especially foriegn names. And its just a show.

But spelling besides I thought It was a great episode the whole escape was great and Zelanka was IMO one the best in the episode and Rodney and Carter also did great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
      I wondered why Sam wasn't in uniform at the beginning of the episode, too. She was obviously working, so it didn't make sense until the episode progressed. If she had been dressed as a soldier instead of in her civilian clothes then the soldiers might not have taken her to the mess hall. It was a necessary thing for this episode. Plus, she is in charge of Atlantis and Lorne would have potentially held on to that in his memory if she were dressed the part. We'd have missed that great scene between Lorne, John, and Ronan at the end of the episode.
      Perhaps Sam was off-duty when the emergency began. Unlike General Hammond at the SGC, when she's "off-duty" her home (quarters) aren't off-base -- they're on Atlantis. And Sam didn't have the time, or want to take the time, to change clothing.

And we've seen through ten seasons of SG1 that Sam is not all that fashion concious when she's off duty. She dresses for comfort, not for style. IMO, the one outfit that Sam wore during SG1 that was a knockout was the sundress in season seven's "Chimera:"

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Perhaps Sam was off-duty when the emergency began. Unlike General Hammond at the SGC, when she's "off-duty" her home (quarters) aren't off-base -- they're on Atlantis. And Sam didn't have the time, or want to take the time, to change clothing.

And we've seen through ten seasons of SG1 that Sam is not all that fashion concious when she's off duty. She dresses for comfort, not for style. IMO, the one outfit that Sam wore during SG1 that was a knockout was the sundress in season seven's "Chimera:"

Morjana
        Gosh, I thought Sam was in uniform?!?!? I'll have to watch the episode again. I thought she had on the Atlantis pants and shirt, just not the jacket.

Oh well, twist my arm. I 'have' to watch it again. Twist, twist

Comment

I've read the episode guide on scifi.com and I've found this useful informations:

the name of the illness - Kirsan
          the name of the herb - Enchuri
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I liked this episode but why do they always bring every storyline back to rodney? This could have been a perfect time to add some depth to teylas and Ronons characters. I love the show and will watch till the end but having rodney as the center of EVERY plot is frustrating.

CARTER IS SMARTER THAN RODNEY LET HER BE A SCIENTIST!!
            Just because she is incharge doesnt mean she cant do anything!!

Comment

Was that really a photo of Teal'c?! My (cough)<snip>(cough) wasn't very high quality this time but I didn't think it was him - I wondered if it was a young picture of Jacob Carter. But if she's got a photo of Daniel as well, perhaps it is Teal'c.

I must have been the only one who didn't for a moment think that Katie was dead at the end. Perhaps it was the very loud comforting beep coming from her heart monitor.

Nice episode, beautifully filmed, and sponsored by the “Well” people. By the end of typing the transcript (which I should be sending to Darren in a couple of hours after I've finished proof-reading it), I’d almost got the giggles at the number of times that people started a sentence with “Well ...”
              Last edited by Skydiver; 03 November 2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                Also Daniel's photo is in her office, its in the scene when Dr K. Tells Sam there is a quarantine situation in the infirmary, watch Sam's shot, his photo is on the right side
                Nice, theres also a picture of General Hammond on the same shelf as Teal'cs you can see it when the shot pans out from the ancient wall display.
                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Ooh, and thanks to Platschu for the correct spellings. I'll amend my best-but-wrong guesses!

Now, where's Klenotka with the Czech translations?!

Comment

I guess SGA has jumped the shark a long time ago and we should stop fooling ourselves. I did not look forward to this episode, I did not read any spoilers, and I was rather disappointed. The highlight of the episode was at the end when Katie spoke to Rodney. I loved that scene. Keller is in another world when she plays. I have no idea why they chose her over Carson. I did not like Carson that much but Keller is simply inferior. Because of Keller,the whole med department in SGA blo*s for the lack of a better word. I should stop now, I do not want to start a revolution....

Comment

Confession: I haven't seen any Atlantis episodes this year until this one. A few are on my Tivo queue, but I hadn't gotten around to it.

But, I was on a Jet Blue plane last night and I was able to watch Tabula Rasa on DirectTV.

It was pretty good. I liked the production values. The story was fairly engaging. I hadn't seen the show since the cast changes. The new doctor is fine and I didn't miss Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i thought the scene where sam told the guys to take the jumper and/or go through the gate, and then ronan and teyla told her that she'd prevented it - amanda did great with that confused 'i said what? i did?' look.
                        I loved that too.

on a cute sidenote, in my tv section of the newpaper, this is how they wrote up about tonight's ep: 'a virus-enducing amnesia has the whole cast forgetting their lines."

sally
                        That's too funny.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

interesting, I think Teyla's been taking a few maths classes. She knew what Pi was and what it represented.

Comment

I'll take bets on how long before Katie dies? I go within 10 episodes, most like episode 10 or 11 of this season.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, it was nicely done. Plus I'm finally, after 3 full seasons, feeling like this is a team and that they care about each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              I guess SGA has jumped the shark a long time ago and we should stop fooling ourselves. I did not look forward to this episode, I did not read any spoilers, and I was rather disappointed. The highlight of the episode was at the end when Katie spoke to Rodney. I loved that scene.
                              Wow I can't disagree more than I do with this statement. SGA has far from jumped the shark IMHO. I too loved the Katie Rodney scene but there are many more highlights. Carter really seems well adjusted now and it was greaet to see her both in and out of uniform as well as being the Carter we all know and love and then all of a sudden having no clue who she is or where she is. It had excellent team interaction and everyone shined in thie. Carter, Keller, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, Maj Lorne, and even Zelenka. The scene at the end with Ronon, John and Lorne is priceless.

Keller is in another world when she plays. I have no idea why they chose her over Carson. I did not like Carson that much but Keller is simply inferior. Because of Keller,the whole med department in SGA blo*s for the lack of a better word. I should stop now, I do not want to start a revolution....
                              Guess I was wrong as I really disagree here. Keller was in top form in this one and Jewel did a great job. Keller is far from inferior she did a bang up job.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                interesting, I think Teyla's been taking a few maths classes. She knew what Pi was and what it represented.
                                Not really she just knew that Mckay would know it. All she said is "What's the circumfrance of a circle"

Comment

Working...
                                X